Community College Hero 2: Knowledge is Power (Would a Game Guide for CCH1 & 2 be helpful? post 1941)

@Yippie Dude don’t feel bad. I don’t understand how everyone is getting picked leader left and right. The only playthrough I got leader on was the one where I romanced Mob. And I have 5 different saves.

1 Like

You feel like you failed? I would think most would view that as a very “successful” playthrough. I would too!

And my “75% leader” comment was a guestimate. Maybe it’s time for another poll??

1 Like

Well my takeaway is that folks would like to see a short story, and I’m excited to work on one. Not a huge consensus on anything else, especially when combined with Twitter poll where Starstreakers received virtually no votes.

2 Likes

Scientific inquiry: Can Hedy get drunk?

3 Likes

You are not the only one, getting voted as leader is hard😧

I’m reasonably sure there were several opportunities here and where in CHH2, but I only remember that while visiting Jacob there was an option (something about donations) that raised her relationship for me.

What should i take from wyverns hideout to help me kill him before the police arrive?
Im a detective btw

1 Like

Thanks for responding, I didn’t want to shift any blame to you simply because of your comment. After I finished the playthrough I just was stuck with this feeling of not having done enough. That doesn’t mean that I didn’t like the game or that the game of lacking in any way shape or form. It might be more me being a perfectionist and feeling like this isn’t the “perfect” ending for me. :slight_smile:

I finished the game with a 85 or 89% Origami stat, not sure how I managed it.

1 Like

So, I note a lack of guide around here, so I’m going to compile all the useful things.

"Beat" the Wyvern in the first fight

You need to be a Detective or an Acrobat as you need a very high hmmm (>9) or pow (>7). If you have high pow, choose “It’s time to go on the offensive! I’ll use my strength to pry off his helmet.”. If you have high hmmm choose “It’s time to go on the offensive! I’ll use my quick reflexes to grab his rifle.”

In both cases, you will fail. However, if you keep choosing to get up, you’ll gain a huge boost to your reputation (yay) plus respect from the Wyvern (hidden stat) at the cost of a very high ouch. Most of the other options make you lose yay, and the high ouch doesn’t really matter since you can be healed to pass most of the checks (except one that gives you a very small bonus with the Hedonist).

Get an A in Media Relation

There are various ways to boost your media grade.
First is when your mother calls you:

• Ignoring her gives you two points but a huge hit to your relationship.
  • Texting her gives you one point and a small boost to your relationship.
  • Answering gives you no points but a big boost to your relationship.

When Rycliff arrives:

• You need more than 60 in your persona to get one point and a small yay boost.
  • Traditionnalist gives a huge boost to your relation with Rycliff, Charmer a small one, Brooder a small hit and Jokester a huge hit.

About the legal commitment:

• Exaggerate gives you two points and a reputation boost.
  • Blame Crook gives you one point, a small hit to Crook’s relationship, and a small reputation boost.
  • No comment doesn’t change anything.

About the Wyvern:

• Lie for your grade boosts your self stat and gives you one point.
  • Lie for Speck gives you a boost to your Speck relationship (without lowering Savior/Prestige) and one point.
  • Tell the truth because of Dean Tolly and Tolliver gives you a bonus to their relation and a hit to your reputation.
  • Tell the truth to build credibility boosts your relation with Rycliff and lowers your reputation.

WARNING: lying will not give you any point on your grade as Tolliver doesn’t like it which lowers it by one! On the other hand, telling the truth gives you a boost later.

You need five points to get an A. The best course would be:

• Send a text to your mother +1
  • Use the right persona +1
  • Exaggerate the story +2
  • Don’t lie +1 later

Or if you don’t want a hit to your reputation:

• Ignore your mother +2
  • Use the right persona +1
  • Exaggerate +2
  • Lie +0
Get an A in The Hedonist/Cap Cal exam

If you are on the Tactician path, just choose the related option; it’s always the best. Aftermath, send Quickie on the Hedonist. If you are his pet, you’ll get an A in both.

Otherwise:

• Shield your comrades
  • Attack them yourself (not the good option, but the best one available).
  • Wombat
  • Send him into the Hedonist.

You won’t get an A in Breaking People & Things, but that’s the best you’ll get. Note that attacking yourself is the best choice to boost your grades but the worst in stats (hit to Tress relation, malus to become leader, boost to self and retribution). If you have an A in HELL and Media Relations, you shouldn’t go for an A in both Defense and BPT.

Have an A in HELL

1.D
2.C
3.B
4.B
5.D

Become or stay the leader

Whether or not you stay the leader depends on a hidden stat called “mcleader”. If it is higher than Tress (tressleader) you will become the leader. Most of the options boosting your score lowers Tress’.

Stay the Leader
Issue 5: nothing

Issue 6:

• Ask for Crook’s help to save Dr. Hoover AFTER Tress mess up +1
  • Rally the troops in the lobby +2
  • Successfully intimidate or charm the robbers (brooder/charmer>50) +1
  • Prevent Quickie from injuring the man or himself by blocking him yourself +1
  • Apologize to Cap Cal +1
  • During the meeting: death stare or polite reminder (the latter will also boost Tress).

Fight with the Afterthoughts:
-trying to avoid getting hurt will give a HUGE hit to your score (-3)
-giving commands requires a certain number of points or your teammates won’t follow. But if they do, you’ll get a boost unless you are stupid (rushing your opponents) or asking people to do thing they don’t like (Stoic tossing Synergy).
-simulating an injury will give a hit to your score.

Issue 7: you’ll get a boost for beating the wyvern. However if you kill him, you don’t get anything.

Issue 8:

• Stopping the Gladiator will give you +1, no matter what.
  • Rallying the troops gives you +1
  • Saving your friends twice (by prioritizing their safety over yours) gives you +1 or +2
  • Stepping forward when Lady Ash asks who is the leader gives you +2 (“she will respect my position”) or +3 (“she won’t harm the others”

Become the leader: most of the scenes are similar, but there is one exclusive:

• Admonish Tress in issue 6 after going after (nice repetition) the Wyvern.
Avoid being kidnapped by the Wyvern
  • Be sober.
  • Fight the Wyvern.
  • If you are a Detective or an Acrobat, you need to have above 7 in pow for a perfect success. If you are a Soldier/Sharpshooter, you need a zap stat above 8.
  • When Stoic intervene, jump between her and Quickie.
Beat the Wyvern perfectly

You need to have more than 3 leaders points to make Wombat give you the false Combat Enhancer.
If you get kidnapped you can get a laptop or a blaster. Both of those can give you an advantage over the Wyvern. If you are Downfall’s pet, she will give you an EMP that has the same effects.

First phase:

• You can use the blaster with a zap above 7.
  • You can use the laptop’s data if you are a soldier or a detective and if you have a hmmm stat above 7.
  • You can use the EMP if your pow stat is above 7.
  • Regular gear: acrobat/detective needs a pow above 9, soldier needs a zap above 9, sharpshooter a zap above 11.

You can perfectly dodge the attack that follows if you have a whoosh above 9 (you need to be an acrobat). The second one requires a thud above 9 (soldier or acrobat).

After the distraction, if you managed to stay under 70 ouch (you have a bigger bonus if you are under 50, but the scene is the same) you will destroy the Wyvern.

50 Likes

Don’t know where I read this or who wrote it so I’m just gonna throw it out there. I sincerly hope we were not accepted due to latent powers.
I could understand it for people who want powers, but for me the strength of CCH is that you play as a an ordinary person among gods, and that you have what you have based on your effort and dedication to being a hero. That doesn’t mean other characters don’t deserve what they have, but you are the only one that did not have at least a single disposition for becoming a hero and yet here you are.
That being said once again, if that fact is cattered to people chosing the power route I’ll have no probleme with it. But since apparently a lot of people have latent powers, yeah no I don’t want it to be the reason why my tactician was chosen

@Harroc wow that is serious dedication to help your class mate. Well done Tress :clap:

There is one or two occurences when you can raise Origami stat (like agreeing with the fund for children and giving money to said-fund), and if you have more than 50 with her you can choose that she is still alive and that gives you a massive boost iirc

6 Likes

Agreed.
There are honestly too many stories (ymmv) where you end up getting powers more special than anyone else in order to save the day when everything looks hopeless.

Getting the ending if one picked the power route: of course, go for it. But for the other ones it’ll feel like… betrayal? (I’ll look for a better word, this one is eeeeeh)

1 Like

Maybe more a let-down ?

That’s not entirely what im looking for.
In german it’d be “ernüchternd” which translates as ‘sobering’ but has a different meaning in cases such as this.
Sorry

I took the laptop computer. But what I used against the Wyverm was Downfall’s EMP device. I think it helps if you can convince Combat Wombat to give you the false combat enhancer.

I played the books twice and still can’t find the part which say Dirty Girl slept with the Hedonist. How did you know this @AAO?

After the exam, her bra is missing, implying she slept with him.

3 Likes

If you make the Hedonist act professionally during your assessment, you will get a scene where it implies this.

Basically, either block his attack as a Soldier who took the first Defense subcommittee or evade it. You’ll get a scene which will imply that she slept with him.

1 Like

Hmmm… Guess I need to do a Soldier playthrough just for that scene.

Dirty Girl, sporting a dark purple off-the-shoulder top with a huge skull on the front, tilts her head before responding, “Yeah that’s totally creepy and inappropriate and everything. I’m shocked, let me tell ya, shocked!”
As you walk off, you realize that Dirty Girl’s bra strap, noticeable earlier in the day, is no longer visible.

@michellexylee

1 Like

You get that scene with all the classes. It doesn’t matter if you fail or pass the test you’ll still get it.

3 Likes

Great tips, but how do you do all that? any walkthrough?

Never was able to beet him in the first fight.