Community College Hero 2: Knowledge is Power (Would a Game Guide for CCH1 & 2 be helpful? post 1941)

Then again the only one saying mc met with the dozen is booksmart, wasn’t it

Just for the pun it’d be worth it.

Edit: then again, if she had had a superiority complex before she might have overestimated the efficiency of her measurements.

1 Like

True, so if she is under their control, that would be off the table. Mind control would explain several things, like meeting with the dozen to begin with. If they were not mind controlled, I really want to know what posessed BS (hehehehe) and MC to agree talking with the villains

So best case scenario, Tolly was the only one mind controlled, worst case we’ve lost the Salazar’s… Things are looking bad.

Let’s not forget though,set measures aside, Booksmart is a very capaple telepath being able to communicate with a roomfull of people and have them crying on the floor. The Mind part of her wouldn’t be as easy to subdue as the Machine.

My money is still on a third party, though (it would just be so dirty of a trick for someone to try and pull the rug out of all three of them) Also, I’m having so much fun with the blur feature, I feel like a pro

1 Like

I would say bing a telepath does not protect you from other telepaths. Granted, we don’t know the exact rules for mindcontrol in the CCH verse, but looking around the general consensus seems that the more of an ego you have, the easier you are to be taken over. cause you don’t see it coming as full of yourself as you are.

Further: We only have the claim zone activity spiked between the areas… Nothing confirmed. Not who went around or why. The claim MC was meeting with the dozen is speculation… And wasn’t ‘Gavin’ from New Jersey? so… what if…

2 Likes

I’m not saying protection or immunity, but at least I don’t think she would’ve gone down quietly enough for it to count as a stealth takedown.
But then again, if our main characters proved anything, it’s that precision and timing can be lethal, so I’m with you that nothing should be left off the table.

As for MC, I still find it pretty suspicious that he never showed (shows?) himself and only Tolly, the person who had her strange “why did I say that” moment, gets to meet with him. Alone.

I dunno, really this game has me paranoid…

1 Like

Same. But it’s amazing how all these theories can make sense based on what we’re giving so far :smiley:

1 Like

It is! Although, I still think we’d be able to make more sense of it all if BS had given us more info on the dozen, but

Summary

“Nuuuuu, because kniwledge is piwir”

She’s such a snobby woman.

I just hope we get to keep Hedy and Hotel California out of this mess, I like those two, and I can’t take another heartbreak after all of this…

2 Likes

agreed on all of this.

I want the two to stand up to BS so badly

EDIT: on a more lighthearted note: Hedy with reading-glasses: Yes or no?

and I don’t wanna read any comment about his nose in the bad timeline. This is a feel-good addition.

4 Likes

Our time will come we need to sink our fictional claws into them so they can’t leave (although, I do have a lot of questions about the personas they are forced to take on and how happy they are with that)

With glasses, so he can sassily take them off along with his blazer any time someone challenges him.

1 Like

Cal seems sorta okay, sorta miffed with his. He struck me as more irked by just how much Savior gets involved with one’s life.
Hedy? He seems to be a sensualist, and by the end of cch2 I’d say what bothers him most is that the personality involves overstepping personal boundaries? It’s a tricky, sensitive topic, but throughout 2 he seemed unwell with doing stuff he’d done in 1. And thankfully not in the sense of ‘how dare they not let me do this’ (as you unfortunately have it so often IRL :frowning: ) Also, i think his dorky side is showing more and more.

and yessss

@Harroc HE LOOKS LIKE HARRY POTTER, NO, NO NOPE!

@MeltingPenguins To Cal’s defence, he’s not as close with us yet, as Hedy has come, so I don’t think he’d open up as much, but still, their behaviour say a lot. Nah, I’m really glad the creep element Hedy had going on has toned down a bit and that there is an adorable overprotective dork in there. I partially think this is why (from what I gathered) his popularity kinda went up after cch2

3 Likes

It went through the roof.

2 Likes

Wow, I cant believe that almost a month has passed since the game released.

@Ch3rryB0mb @Harroc sorry for my outburst, gonna clean up some of my posts. Could you too?

On it, dearie, all’s good!!! :smile:

What happens if downfall stole TS powers, then 7 downfalls stole lady Ash power?

3 Likes

Something that I am rather curious to ask the author, if they are willing to indulge me. Why did you decide to write a story with a powerless protagonist in a world where they are surrounded by powered people?

I did read the first installment, but the lack of powers put me off, and I guess this just isn’t for me. Blame @malinryden for that. The combination of state-of-the-art tech and master-level superpowers have spoilt me; I just love the power too much to be without it. :wink: Still, I am curious as to why the author chose to write a story with a powerless protagonist.

we can guess before eric comes back, but i’d say ‘fish out of water’ story.
I’d go as far as to say that that’s one of the reasons a couple of people aren’t that keen on the protag gaining an outstanding ability like Power Nullification (as hilarious as it’d be given the Captain Powerless thing) or something els than the wish power (if anything):

We are already ‘special’ due to who our father was. making us hyper-powerful would maybe be too much.
But shrug

1 Like

There are essentially only a few types of stories. See link for examples. http://storybistro.com/7-story-frameworks/

CCH is an Underdog story. I made the MC a huge underdog in a powered environment. It was 100% intentional.

I’d view Fallen Hero as a Rebirth story. (or maybe a Tragedy, depending how things turn out)

They are simply different types of stories.

9 Likes

Fun fact: it’s the title.

2 Likes

Further bizarre side-speculation (thank you, @Eric_Moser it just took me 4 attempts to NOT write that with ck >_> wails ):

What was Hedy’s hair- and eye-color before, well, transforming (assuming no Zenith has their powers from birth on). I can’t really see blond, personally, but a dark reddish brown and amber.