Community College Hero 2: Knowledge is Power (Would a Game Guide for CCH1 & 2 be helpful? post 1941)

don’t talk to mom, react to the reporter according to your main trait (traditional, brooder etc) exaggerate about the wyvern, but be honest

I think.

Oh, also I think there might be a bug, as I’ve gotten a B in media and As in the other classes, but still ended with an average of 4.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for the help! I finally got an A

1 Like

Does anyone have any tips on balancing the relationships? It seems like I have to choose between being a jerk to either Tress, Stoic, or DG

Well, Tress and DG are frequently at odds, so sometimes you have to piss off one if you agree with the other. I put them in the SF scene intentionally to stir up the drama.

4 Likes

Updates:

1. Art Contest deadline is in just a week!! Public judging will take place Aug 6-10 on Twitter, FB, the website, and these forums!

2. I’m working on a new CCH short story with an eye towards putting a collection out into the marketplace somehow; will post more about that later.

3. Synergy won the Patron RPG sheet contest, so $3+ Patrons, look for his sheet sometime in early August!

4. And I’m working on a new project this summer that I am super excited about! I hope to be able to talk about it more soon. (I’ll be shifty and mysterious for now. :eyes:)

10 Likes

Thanks for the reply. I love the series so far

If I’m not wrong, the highest stat check in CCH2 is 10 when you try to take down the Wyvern with your regular gear so 10 works well enough for now. Though, a stat check > 10 is possible in CCH3 so preparing for that might be good! Personally, I had my MC’s whoosh at 12 (I played as an acrobat).

Oddly enough that’s exactly the stat that lead me to this question. I’ve got a hmm of ten starting CCH2 as a detective, and I’m trying to decide whether I should be specializing or trying to bulk up my weaker stats (my defense is god awful, as can be expected of a detective). Because my detective character is essentially female Batman, only with Bruce Wayne’s charming personality and the most revealing outfit possible, I decided that whoosh would be a good defensive stat since batman dodges when he fights supers (has nothing to do with that being the only defensive option in CC’s training for detectives).

It’s useless to buff your weaker stats. They’ll be too low to do anything useful. Just focus on your 3 major stats.

I’d say buff your weaker stats. You dont know what will happen in 3

You should raise your Woosh to lvl 4 if you are Detective, it will help mitigate the dmg from the Wyvern’s fight.

Kinda spoiler I guess?

Eric said we’ll get new, fixed stats depending on our Path. If I remember correctly, he said that Stench would have something like 50 in zap, 40 in thud and 40 in shh.

oooh

somehow completely missed that.

It was a year ago, in the WiP thread. We had a long discussion about how it would be better to do rather than a boost that might put some archetypes to a disadvantage.

2 Likes

Now this kinda makes me wonder what the stats of an MC that has unlocked their zenith power would look like. Stats wise, a tactician seems to be at a disadvantage in the future - but I still love that route anyway :sunglasses:

1 Like

with powers like this i can dominate the world!

1 Like

Yep, stats will look much different for Part 3. Everyone’s gear is melted or at the bottom of a body of water, so your stats will be determined by your new Archetype (that I plan to assign in Issue 9, to give readers time to “get used to it” through Part 3).

I’m still thinking about what your stats will actually be, and in doing so, I’m assigning stats to some of the bigger guns in the Speckverse to allow me properly place the MC and their new powers. But yes, generally, I would anticipate Dr. Stench will have kickass Zap and Thud, Tactician will have heightened Hmmm and Shhh, and Zenith will have higher Pow and Whoosh (the way that MC gets powers also makes them stronger and faster, in a time-honored “comic book” sense).

This is all subject to change, though.

5 Likes

Okay I am going on vacation this weekend and will be “off the grid” for the most part, so this is my last last last reminder about the Art Contest.

I only have 5 entries thus far, compared to 13 last time, so that’s a bit disappointing, but it does mean that everyone’s chance of winning is pretty good right now! But there’s still time to enter! What else are you going to do on a weekend, anyway??

I’ll update the Art Contest Thread on Aug 6th with pics of all the entries and commence voting then.

1 Like

I wish I could submit something but I haven’t even been posting on the CoG forums/discord much less sit my ass down for a few hours to draw.

shakes fist angrily Damn you, school!

Good luck to everyone that submitted something though.

1 Like

I’ve meant to post this, but I’ve been busy. However, I want to say that I did really enjoy CCH 2.

I also realize that what I mention has already been covered before. I realize that the romance choices were set up the way they were because it was tough for you to carry variables over. Hopefully it is easier for you in future projects :slight_smile:

I also had no problem with Stoic as a romance option, though I admit I will always regret that Tammy wasn’t available.

However, I felt the ‘romance’ with Stoic didn’t connect with me… I realize that was her persona, but the aloofness seemed to show mostly disinterest in it. I think you could have done a few subtle things which would have hinted at a romance, even keeping things quiet until you get the chance to hug her in CCH2.

For example, perhaps at DG’s party, when she sees a couple of people dancing, the player might notice her glancing at them, and then the player’s way.

Or after you leave Jacob with Stoic in company…well you mentioned how the MC might be nervous of sounds. For a romance hint, perhaps the MC notices Stoic actually waiting for the MC to catch up.

If there were a few indications like that, then romancing Stoic, or at least being interested in her, would make sense. I mean, she is the ultimate wallflower…and you’ve already shown Stoic showing concern or a sense of humor, even if it was in quiet moments.

7 Likes