Community College Hero 2: Knowledge is Power (Would a Game Guide for CCH1 & 2 be helpful? post 1941)

I enjoyed Fallen Hero quite a bit. The subterfuge and deceit, being the villian while pretending to help the heroes.

So like… I don’t think many people mention this but what’s gonna happen to Waifu Stoic? Considering her powers are gone but she’s both ICly and OOCly our RO what’s gonna become of her? I’d like to see her still be a hero and all that but how? Will DG call her some rendition of CP? I’m curious.

1 Like

I don’t plan to introduce many new characters in Part 3, period. I already have like 40 named characters who could pop up; there’s not any room for anyone other than fodder (and Mega Cat! Although I feel like he’s already been “introduced” in a way).

And I’d consider lots of characters “middle ground” types, at least from appearances.

5 Likes

DG would totally ride her out for being powerless, if not for the whole “she came back to save their lives” thing.

Even DG knows that it’s too soon for CP comments.

6 Likes

Okay, but you know, we haven’t got a real good look of Mega Cat. But what I know about him until now makes him look a lot sketchy. You know, he can be turned into one of those creepy false gods. he can make a great anti-hero or a villian, perhaps. Actually, Mega Cat is a villain alright already. He was the one who planted spies, he was trying to monopolize the whole hero academy thing. His school turned away when the Speck needed help.

Now I’m starting to think that maybe Mega Cat is somehow playing the villain from behind the curtain. I think he is working with Diabolical Dozen to get rid of Speck. Maybe this has got something to do with the MC being the son of Dr.Stench. wait! :scream:… now I’m thinking, maybe he is behind the death of Papa Stench!!! Ya’know, Stench dug up dirt on Mega Cat that would’ve destroyed his well earned reputation. Then Mega Cat went to the dozen for help and they eliminated stench in exchange of Mega Cat and his herd of supers letting the dozen go wild for a while or something like that.

Am I the only one or is there any one else who came to this conclusion too?

Everything points out that Dr. Stench’s murderer was his cellmate Gavin which has practically been confirmed as being Crook’s real identity.

1 Like

When did that happen

Maybe I missed out something. I should play more carefully this time

If you go down the Sr. Stench power set story you follow up on his cell mate Gavin, who more than likely killed him at the behest of the Dozen, you find some call logs that indicate he’s in a rough spot with his wife and is facing a divorce. If you talk with Crook about his marriage at a later point in the story, he mentions that he might be looking at a separation.

1 Like

Adding to what @viper32153 said Crook has been in prison and knows New York (he knew where the hospital was).

I made a theory long ago on this:

One more detail: the MC’s father was stabbed. Remind me what Crook’s favorite weapon is?

2 Likes

Now the question is…

did he kill the dad willingly to protect his family and is now spying on the kid for the same reason. Or was mindcontrol involved and he got to speck to protect the MC?

I was thinking he’s more keeping an eye out FOR the PC, as a way to make amends.

I will say this, having MAJOR plot points locked behind a “Class” choice at the beginning isn’t ideal. It honestly feels a little forced.

1 Like

I’d argue that having them ‘locked away’ makes more sense.
If you don’t go to the zoo you wont see the giraffes as they say

Either Eric gave us the biggest red herring of the plot or we have a serious case of branch favoritism

That is a good point, but the thing is, you can still see other things at the zoo too. :stuck_out_tongue:

In no way am I bashing his work or anything. Just my little gripe on using a system that only really works for MMO’s, in my own opinion. I still am hopelessly addicted to the CCH series, just wished there was a tad bit more freedom. Note, not asking for an OP character, just not to have my character be repeatedly humiliated or fail based on a single, seemingly irrelevant choice at the beginning. Anyways, I will no longer bring that up, as I have vented, and I am done with that topic.

But back to the topic, I think it’s a relatively safe assumption that Crook killed the PC’s father, but is also looking out for the PC, as I stated. I am also still adamant about Nil being Deviant XD. So how is everyone?

Now I think that crook murdered Papa Stench, but I still can’t wrap my head around the shady Mega Cat.

It is making sense now that I remember that Crook hasn’t revealed his identity to anyone.

1 Like

Now, I have a theory, and it’s a stretch, but what if this is all a bid to prevent the PC from getting powers? What if all the big players know something about them (The Smarts easily could), and either want to control it, or stop it? The end of Book 2 implies MC is keeping an eye on the PC. I just know Tress was a terrible choice for relationships.

My theory is somewhat similar to yours. It’s just too big a thing to ignore a celebrity superhero like MC being shady. And yes, it doesn’t matter what Crook’s real identity is, I still feel that MC has got something to do with PC’s father’s death or MC is working with the Dozen or at least that MC is a bad guy.

And yeah, I agree about Tress, she was real sweet in the first book but then she is all hungry for attention and success. Whenever my PC did something kickass, Tress was always in the background, frowning. That just made me sick of her.

No, I still cant agree that plotpoints should be rubbed into the readers face.
You didnt take a path that’d make you come across something, so why bend over and have the reader find it regardless.
Ymmv, sure, but if one’d get all the info in one go, why should one play again on top of things

1 Like

You probably find out more about the other party members as a tactician and more about any Zenith conspiracies heading down the superpower route.