Community College Hero 2: Knowledge is Power (Would a Game Guide for CCH1 & 2 be helpful? post 1941)

I’m not sure what it will look like, but it will have a set appearance, as it’s a fairly sophisticated piece of tech, not something that the MC can cobble together or modify on their own. But yes, I think giving the MC the ability to add a little personalized touch of some sort would be a fun choice, and a nice middle ground.

The whole “what will the MC’s name be” thing is a dicier question, but I lean toward letting the MC keep their own name since that is very important to many players, even though it wouldn’t make much thematic sense. But I’d anticipate also letting them officially change their name to Dr. Stench, or perhaps a play on that.

5 Likes

@Eric_Moser, if I may suggest something, and this iis. totally up to u (obviously), but could u incorporate some sorta thematic element where the MC is able to combine at least two of the three options? For example, if I wanna pursue unlocking my powers but @ the same time continue to figure out how to take down the DD, or even use the armor and keep my powers. Something like that would be pretty cool, like my character was a brooding baddie who was a soldier type, and was outstanding with combat, so you would naturally choose the armor, but I was also hoping to figure out what my powers would’ve been. Idk it’s just something I thought of since I’m not able to read it again due to getting leader both times.

Sorry Ethan, that’s locked in stone at this point. In Part 2, players had to pick a path, and there were no crossover scenes, meaning that for example, a Zenith power-seeking MC didn’t look at their dad’s old stuff, try to find dad’s old cellmate, or discover the prison underneath Prestige. They didn’t take any of the steps the Stench MCs took, and vice versa.

But enjoy the three different paths! I’m spending a tremendous amount of time on these.

5 Likes

Just having so many feelings rattling around in my heart and I really need to get them all out.

I just finished the first book (I had a huge cry over Origami…) and leapt immediately into the second book… But I’m super duper troubled that my character seems to be cheating with Crook. I chose to lock into the Crook romance when the book asked me who I wanted to date because I really believed he and the MC would have resolved where the marriage stood before getting involved. Especially given that he pushes you away in Book 1 because he’s married. But if you go ahead and accept his advances in the massage parlor then your character moves the physical relationship ahead with him without even knowing the status of his marriage!! :disappointed_relieved:

I thought I’d confirm the timeline with you guys though because even though I am very sensitive to this subject, I can reconcile it a little bit if I think of the it in these terms: we had no contact with any of the Speck Seven (obvs including Crook) over the break, then when we got back in town, he invited us out to fight those dudes, we dropped his drunk ass off at his room and went back to ours alone, rested up and then on the first day of school (??) we went to the massage parlor with him at lunch.

Is that right so far as far as the timeline goes?

Because given that, it seems like there wouldn’t be time for anything sexual to have happened yet between the two of you until you make the decision whether to accept or deny the rubdown in the massage parlor. And of course choosing to deny then gets you the confession that he didn’t go home over Christmas and his marriage is pretty much over…

If nothing else, if I can confirm the timeline, at least I can make the distinction that my MC now knows the marriage is over before jumping straight into the relationship. That way we aren’t blatantly disregarding Crook’s marriage and just pushing ahead…

@Eric_Moser, I have to wonder though, In the find ur powers story arch, why bookie was so tight l i’l pped about helping you find them. And even when she was willing to, u had to give something in return. It goes back to what I was saying about her corruption, it almost gives off the impression that she knows something that the MC doesnt, and i might even go as far as to say that it seems like she dont want the mc to know cuz she’s threatened by them.

If you scroll up, we have plenty of conspiracy theories =D
From her lying about megacat and the dozen meeting to trick us, to her wanting to take revenge on us cause dad managed to steal high security intel from savior

1 Like

Knowing something you don’t is like 90% of her characrer TBH

2 Likes

This is a very very great game and I enjoyed it so much. I have no complains about the story, but I’d like to mention some details that the scenes kinda shift so quickly that I sometimes get confused because the transition happens unexpectedly. One page I was training at the gym and using Stoic as a gym equipment, then on the next page I apparently went on a journey to Prestige alteady using a taxi.

If there’s anything I’d like to suggest for the game, It’s probably making Booksmart a romancable character. I know it might mess up the story in some way, but I just happened to be into smart independent girls who aren’t that clingy. (Sorry Tress)

I thought it would be unique for the story to be able to romance a superhero for a change. Because all superhero movies or books sometimes end up the same way: you started as someone weak, you try to get stronger because of a motivation driving you to do something, you fail the first tries, and you become strong and the hero saves the day.

This suggestion might be ambitious and required alot of work, but I’m just wondering if you could implant a way to somehow get closer to Booksmart as a person rather than Savior as a whole.

Iirc the romances are set in stone (which is not a pun as Hedy isnt one) for cch3 due to how complex the entire thing is already shaping up to be.

I didn’t know that, oh well, at least it make it easier to select which one i want per playthrough and stop me from hesitating.

I hope harem route become the norme one day, i suck at choosing just 1 person.

I get that, but I’m not talking about every teacher to be romancable, just the Smarts. I know the story has been complex especially with this retribution/altruism, self/loyalty taking into account, but I’m just wondering if the author could put extra pages of dialogues between the MC and Book/Streetsmart if you did choose to go on Savior’s side.

Maybe impress one of them and become closer, even without needing to romance them.

I just wanna see Booksmart smile for a change out of her expressionless face, just like Stoic for example.

1 Like

I feel ya (scroll back in a couple threads and you can find some pretty long and impassioned arguments from me in favor of the Smarts as ROs) but the author’s settled on who will and won’t be romancable already, so that line of discussion is pretty much wrapped up. (Currently on mobile, but I’ll take a look and see if I can find his post talking about it. Found it!) Ultimately, at the MC’s current level, they and the Smarts are just on too different of walks of life for anything believable to work out.

But, romance aside,

I don’t know about pages of extra dialogue, but I think you can rest assured that the game will take note if the MC is on Savior’s side. We aren’t really sure how much more content the MC is going to get with any of the heads of schools, but it’s a pretty safe assumption that the Smarts will at least make another appearance, and I would be surprised if there weren’t differences in interactions if you’ve got a high Savior stat

1 Like

Ah thanks for the heads up. And I get his point about the analogy of superheroes dating a simple guy. But in hope that the author reads this comment and reconsider is a possibility.

They might be far from the MC’s league, but that’s judging from the difference of their class, not them as a person and romancing them. It might seem bizzare, but I honestly think it would be unique to go unorthodox with the writing and find a way to maybe make this work with his amazing talent to be able to form stories and scenarios.

And this is just my opinion and I’m not forcing the author to make this happen, It’s up for him to decide. But disregarding the social status, and looking at the MC and Booksmart/Streetsmart as a person, maybe there’s a way to make them close but requires a high stat.

Bookie is too powerhungry for anything to work out.
We had similar things happen in other games an IIRC it did leave a sour taste in the mouth of quite a few as there wasn’t much a foundation to making the char in question an RO…

1 Like

I’m so used to comic book and anime that i can’t fucking stop seeing all the characters except the ‘adults’ as goddamn Hight Schooler, that’s why i keep doing double take every time i arrived at the ‘Hedonist’s ‘favor for good grades’’ part.

It’s also probably why i was shocked that Crook was married, i just have a hard time remembering they are all in college and that i had a 35 years old in my college class.

Would be funny if we could turn Specks into an illegal school for vigilante, though the law teacher might not be happy about it, all i know is that i’m fully on Specks side, the others should just have taken me in from the start if they wanted my loyalty.

1 Like

Well, there’s nothing impossible when writing a story. It just needs the right scenario to make things happen. I think it left a bad taste on other games because things happened so quickly. I’d say the best way to make this work is make this a long term thing with where the MC proves their loyalty to the Smarts, and as they grew close, Bookie and Streets see potential in you as something more than just a hero.

I kinda relate to Booksmart’s personality, and being a logical and analytical person, It’s hard to fall in love without analyzing every possibility of pros and cons of being in this relationship.

Hmm, I dunno, maybe consider making a scene where Booksmart got outsmarted and now she needs help? I doubt the Dozen would kill her after all the knowledge she’s keeping in her noggin, but this suggestion is just one of many ways to get them close.

You don’t have to necessarily put it right away in CCH 3, Mr. Author, just maybe give us a hint somewhere of being able to get close to the Smarts.

Not impossible? Maybe. But very ill advised.
Making any character an RO just because a few readers would like to see it… never ends well.

If you want your mc and bookie to hook up, I advise writing fanfic.

And what you are asking for is, pretty much, throwing bookie’s personality etc overboard to add in a last minute ro.

Please, no.

Edit: also kindly stop with the “make this happen mr author” eric has made his decision before so kindly refrain from, well, insisting he’ll put cleaver and crowbar to an already complex story to make your ship happen.

3 Likes

This is a gentle reminder to please keep posts centered on the topic and debate the points being made, and not centered on the people making them.

This includes calling out an author in feedback - not only is that creating potential friction but it is not actionable feedback an author can use.

This discussion about the Smarts is becoming a circular argument. To avoid that: if you have already stated your position, please take a short break and allow others to share their perspective too.

Please avoid repetitively hammering a single view without adding anything new.

@anon10794967 -

Welcome to the community - it is against the forum rules and etiquette to ask about progress and to make demands of the author/developer in WiP threads.

Most authors are kind enough to entertain changes to their story and will listen to suggestions but once they make a creative decision and state a topic is closed for feedback - please respect their wishes. (Eric is such an author who often goes out of his way to listen).

Thanks for becoming a member here and for following the rules.

@everyone -
Finally, if you see disrespectful posts please do not reply to them. Rather please use the report feature and let forum staff de-escalate friction.

6 Likes

Hey everyone,

I would have jumped in sooner but I am just too busy to check threads constantly.

Basically, as others have said, ROs are already set (and frankly 6 is too many, but I’m going with it).

And Bookie has her sights set on…well let’s just say it’s a lot more important than a romance with a 20-year-old…so no Bookie romance, but as others guessed, I do want to write some scenes that are dependent on your school allegiance. The only question is…do any players actually favor Savior or Prestige instead of Speck?

I am working on a deadline for another project this month, but I plan to write more CCH3 early in 2019.

8 Likes