Community College Hero 2: Knowledge is Power (Would a Game Guide for CCH1 & 2 be helpful? post 1941)

More than like lone wolf and that with a preset? I have a relationship hate love with them . If they are great characters i could go and enjoy like were a novel. But you design good characters so i think you will do great. Still is not my favourite if as role playing is impossible But As more traditional novel is a good experience

Honestly, what kind of armor will it be anyway ? kitsch like the old Mr Freeze armor ? actual armor a la iron man ? or something cobbled up with duck tape and stuff from the garage but fonctional (like the globadier from warhammer) ?

given that the Father was jokester, i imagine it will be kitsch but i could have missunderstood something

Of course, Thatā€™s what I was saying. One thing is say A rusty dwarven iron hammer battered discarded in the middle of the battle. Descriptions are souls of the plot and what gives atmospheric feelings

That put a photo and say This is the hammer exactly this and no other you can imagine

Iā€™d argue that if one has the code do tricks (as in there is something on there that gives a hint for later) a full-fledged image can be of advantage, though with a text game itā€™d be hard to pull off.

The bigger argument speaking against a full-fledged image would be accessibility:

For every detailed pic thereā€™s ought to be a description for blind/visually impaired players.

2 Likes

If you want images make a videogame not a gamebook. A game book has to be a BOOK. What I see fine is if there is an option to turn off pictures from game I will love that if not I have my strategy of close eyes o take of my glasses when illustrated content happens in books

Still If you want we could turn this to pm to not derailed the thread

no need to.

I respect your opinion, but I think itā€™s silly and crude to say/insist ā€˜it must never have illustrationsā€™

/shrug

back to topic

1 Like

Weā€™d need to add sound to the games for the blind players though and i donā€™t know if itā€™s possible with the choice of game thingy

I donā€™t say It doesnā€™t have to never have illlustions I just donā€™t like them at all. Most when fixed a concrete image as the correct one. For instance your idea of scribbles is great as donā€™t affect any cannon.

1 Like

CS is screenreader compatible.

Itā€™s just few things to keep in mind, like no double line_breaks, and adding in the image description when using an image

1 Like

The style of game you describe is different than a CS IF game. That is where different engines and scripts come into play ā€¦ I understand that some like more illustrations than others.

Putting the focus back on the armor question raised here - however @Eric_Moser describes the armor in his game, until there is an actual graphical representation, there is still a lot of different variance that can be made by the reader and in CS, that normally is preferred.

If he describes the armor as medieval looking with vambraces and shinguards flared out in a gothic manner, people can still picture hundreds of different styles and examples of armor as what they are wearing.

Once a picture shows us the style is German origin of the 16th century and it has influences from the Munich school of armor makingā€¦ then the armor shown becomes cannon and it runs the risk of disconnecting from the reader.

I personally like realistic styles of ā€œarmorā€ in games and find the stuff in Conan games or WoW or Overwatch to be off-putting.

That doesnā€™t mean I canā€™t enjoy those games but often it does put limits on that enjoyment.

One personā€™s Flashier and Prettier is anotherā€™s Gaudy and over-the-top.

7 Likes

Hi

Spoiler

is possible to save hedonist ?How make the good choices ?

Thanks you

Yes, itā€™s possible! to save the hedonist, you just need to ask him to leave instead of staying to protect the students.

2 Likes

Ok thanks you
Other question . Hedonist is a RO or not ?

No :cry: At least, not now (and probably not ever?)

We I like where u are going with that one, sorta like how in the original Spider-Man with Toby McGuire, how he illustrated the different looks he would gone for

1 Like

Did anyone snatch Hedoā€™s name yet?

@Ekaterina, sadly, you are correct. But heā€™ll make an appearance in some playthoughs.

@Strider, yes @MeltingPenguins snatched him up. Actually, I now have ā€œcanonā€ names for Hedy, Stoic, Origami, Quickie, and Captain California!

And quick update; public work on CCH3 is finally underway! Iā€™m posting updates on Patreon for my ā€œinner circle,ā€ but at some point, near the end, Iā€™ll start organizing some beta testing through the forums. But it will be a long, long time before that happens.

11 Likes

@Eric_Moser, do u have an ETA on when the third installment is gonna be finished? I have been anticipating it for a while now and i even have read other stories like ā€œTin Starā€ and ā€œLast Heirā€, but none of them have been quite as fulfilling as CCH

(Edit 2) By the way, if I might, may I suggest that the main character play a bigger role in the story line than in the previous installments, as In like being the one who not only takes down the wvyern, but also takes down the DD/saves all of speck. Not saying that (they) didnā€™t in The Battle of Speck, but a bigger role in the story arch would be very cool to experience. Like the REALLY defeating lady ash (not her particularly just an example) to where she gets taken down and arrested. Almost like a pre-crisis superman, the hero we all need sort of thing. Just my two cents tho.

Unless something has changed recently, to my knowledge it is still against the rules to ask for release timeframes from authors.

May I honestly ask why? I seriously donā€™t knowā€¦