Community College Hero 2: Knowledge is Power (Would a Game Guide for CCH1 & 2 be helpful? post 1941)

Think about what u just said…what blind person is gonna be on a phone…

The author usually doesn’t know the answer, for one. For two it puts unnecessary stress on the author.

In the future I highly recommend knowing the rules before posting. They are extremely helpful and good at keeping our newer members out of trouble.

5 Likes

As @LanaRose pointed out, it does violate forum rules to ask authors questions about their writing progress. I’m not mad, but please understand the reason for the rule, namely, that virtually all of us are doing this as a hobby or a very, very, very part-time job, and it can (and frequently does) get annoying/distracting/frustrating when people ask for updates. We work on our own schedules. Stories are updated when they are updated, simple as that. And my projections are always wrong anyway. I am an attorney and my time is at a premium. And sometimes I just want to hang out with my family.

Anyway, it’s going to be a LONG time. I get maybe 15 hours of writing time per week, and right now I’m giving StarStreakers! (a paying project for another company) like 75% of my writing time. I’m putting the rest of my time into CCH, between short stories and the CCH3 demo, but so far the demo on Patreon is 5,000 words, so obviously I’m at the very start of a very large project. I do appreciate your readership and support, though! It means a lot! I just wish I could deliver content much faster than I can.

9 Likes

I do apologize for the ignorance and disrespect, and i promise I will follow the forum rules to the best of my ability from here on. On that note, I do appreciate ur stories and ur ability to keep us readers entertained. Also I thank you for the respect shown by both of you @LanaRose and @Eric_Moser, not very many people would have been as forgiving. So on and so forth, and following my suggestion I do think that more interaction with the community in the story, as In bystanders, would be VERY cool

4 Likes

Saw this and thought of you:

@Ethan_Potts, the folks here are great. And there are tons of WiPs for you to check out, if you’re so inclined. And some of CCH3 will take place in a new setting, so yes I’m thinking there will be opportunities for at least a few civilian interactions.

@Carlos.R, I haven’t read it, but I will blindly put Rory and Concordia up against Monsieur Falcon any day of the week. My writing groups likes Talon City far better than anything else I’ve brought, and I am managing to knock out a chapter at a time once in a while.

5 Likes

@Eric_Moser what made u make the readers choose where thry wanted to stand on the whole school vs school thing? Like, i feel like, 1) the corruption from Savior was so deep into the core, that they might as well have been part of the DD, if they aren’t already, 2) Mega Cat’s school (for the love of me I can’t remember the name!) Was way to up tight and tight lipped, even in light of the threat to speck, that I didn’t want to choose either even if I was made to. Not saying that it wasn’t a good story arch cuz it was amazing, but I feel like speck was, to use a good metaphor, like one of the neutral countries during WWII, “IF Y’ALL DON’T QUIET DOWN BACK THERE I’M TURNING THIS CAR AROUND AND WE’RE GOING HOME!”. I EVEN GOT to the point to where I didn’t even like Captain Cali cuz he was just so fake and deceiving. But “the space suit dude” (sorry it’s been a long time since I’ve read CCH), I’m starting to feel sorry for him and I’m starting to root for him to make a grand entrance in CCH3.

Please be mindful when asking stuff like this. It places a lot of stress on the author.

1 Like

Can I ask a silly question… well someone might’ve asked this already but, still I wanna know if Friendzone is a RO, yeah I know its pretty silly to ask considering her name but c’mon, she’s adorable. Can anyone answer my question?

@Ethan_Potts, you thought Savior was that corrupt? What exactly made you think that? I’m curious to know. And me asking the reader/MC to give opinions on the schools gives me some more options for Part 3 (not that I will necessarily take advantage of every option), because I’ve had some readers email me with questions like, “Can we get an end where we team up with the Smarts? Or with Mega Cat?” I’m still not sure how wide I’ll go with endings, but I wanted to have some stats that would track that sorta thing. Plus, the whole “who is going to screw the Speck kids over and why?” has been on the main themes of the story thus far.

And who is the “space suit dude?” Someone from Part 1??

@Zombiefan, no she won’t be a RO. I also find her adorable but she has almost as many haters as does Quickie.

And to the Americans around here, happy :poultry_leg: day!

3 Likes

@Eric_Moser i think since bookie screwed with our brains to bar us from saying stuff she made public anyway (except for the bits about morpho and the zone activity) we are all not trusting her further than we can throw her.

especially cause of the “megacat is toooootally working with the dozen, you can trust me on that”

2 Likes

I have to agree that the whole ‘i use my power to litteraly take away a part of your control over your own body and i won’t even tell you’ pretty much made me go ‘we can’t trust her with the power that her plan would give her’, that would quickly turn into ‘nobody can say or do anything that even slightly displease me’

3 Likes

On that note, might have wondered before, but… do we even KNOW if that was the real morpho?
It could have very well been a shapeshifter from savior and Tolly’s consistent no was bookie pulling strings. Least of course Tolly IS megacat and fooled bookie into believing she successfully pulled strings

I’ve only read the free paths but does the MC ever get any abilities?

@Eric_Moser, first off, I thought Savior was corrupt because it felt like Booksmart was doing things only for the betterment of herself. And then when she scares the living crap out of everyone in the room during her “mind-reading” stunt. I love where u made the contrarian lawful evil/chaotic good at the end of part two, that gave me a lot of hope for the ending. I just hope that the monster with the mouths is easier to beat than before. (Sorry it’s been a while since I’ve read CCH, and since I made leader in both I dont wanna reread cuz I think I have something going)
And I thing space suit dude’s name was nul or nil or something like that…

Bro, without giving any spoilers. I totally recommend paying to read the story, it pays off. I will say that I was close to crying a few times, and I did actually stop reading cuz there was one moment that hit close to home. The veteran readers out there will back me up that if ur looking for a story that isn’t a roller coaster of emotions, then stay away. I’ve came close to losing my cool in public cuz it’s such a good “book”.

The Manipulator is NOT chaotic good. Hell, she’s only working with the MC because she wants revenge, not because she turned good. If anything, she’s either true neutral or chaotic neutral.

2 Likes

I’m a tad late for the Hedonist complaints, but I bought the game entirely for him, too. I tried to get the marble senpai to notice me the whole game but nope. Then I tried to settle for whatever-the-bald-dude’s-name-was, but that proved to be a big fat nope too, since he was missing for almost the whole game.

Still kinda bitter, don’t mind me. :disappointed_relieved:

3 Likes

#MarbleSenpai

I love it.

4 Likes

Idk man, [spoiler]yeah she killed a child who was one of the MC’s best friends and terrorized an entire town into running the speck kids away, and in no way am I trying to justify her actions, but you also have to realize she was doing what she was told in order to maintain her place. Yes, she was @ one point chaotic evil, but now that she is willing to help, I dont think she came all the way up to neutral. I think theres some evil left in that horrible mind of hers[spoiler]