Community College Hero 2: Knowledge is Power (Would a Game Guide for CCH1 & 2 be helpful? post 1941)

fair enough

1 Like

That would make Hedy a Libra! And according to some zodiac websites, Libras ā€œcan be ridiculously persuasive and hard to say no to.ā€

With howā€¦ charming he is, that sounds about right.

3 Likes

I now headcanon that HedyĀ“s birthday is September 23, if only because the Roman emperor AugustusĀ“s was born on the same day, and he was known as the emperor that turned Rome from a city of bricks into a city of marble (and the Hedonist is basically made of marble, it seems fitting) and iĀ“m just a really big fan of inside jokes like that.

@Eric_Moser Can we make this happen :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Community College Hijinks #011!

10 Likes

In October, Iā€™m experimenting with something for promotion. Iā€™m approaching it like a ā€œdriveā€ used by public radio, PBS, etc, so basically Iā€™m doing my best to focus on ā€œgetting out the wordā€ about my projects in October, asking folks to tell a friend, or leave a review, etc., different things. The thought is for me to be focused on promotion for 30 days, and then to let my foot off the gas for 5 months, doing another ā€œdriveā€ in April.

That gives me 5 months from November through March where I focus 99% on writing and donā€™t worry about marketing/promotion, instead of trying to do both all year round.

Anyway, as part of this, everyone in my readerā€™s group will get a FREE Dirty Girl RPG sheet, no strings attached, in early October! So if you havenā€™t joined yet, you might want to! The sign up is on my website on the left bar, about halfway down. http://fictionbyericmoser.com/

8 Likes

Hey, new person to the forum here.

I bought the game on Steam a WHILE ago, and am just getting back into it. However, after starting up the newer game (KiP), it said I needed to import saves from choiceofgames.com. I originally was OK with it, because it just meant ā€œanother varied playthroughā€, but instead when I tried to restore purchases to CCH: TBF it didnā€™t work. Specifically, this error came up:
{ā€œerrorā€:ā€œInvalid Claimed ID: https://steamcommunity.com/openid/id/76561198166081046ā€}.

It doesnā€™t say what it means or how to fix it. I donā€™t know how else to continue my savegame. Please help!

Hi. The easiest way here would be to contact the support at ā€˜support at choiceofgames dot c0mā€™.

To import a save you need to have uploaded a save at the end of TbF (via your email address).
If you did so, try and see if it works when you load the game on the site here.
Good luck.

Hmmmā€¦ Happy Birthday, Hedy (? )

1 Like

Shall we get himā€¦ a marble cake? :eyes:

4 Likes

Is it possible to get Quickie killed? The dude is seriously annoying and more than anything I want him to die, hopefully painfully.

Also a lot of the new characters in this one are just awful, why did you move away from Gladiator and Rain/Shine for people like Dr. Hover or Quickie.

Honestly my only complain is not having Uni around, I think she could be a more interesting leader for the Afterthoughts: we had her introduction, her relationship score (someone even romance) and she was the unofficial leader for the ā€œneutral factionā€ in CC1.
I donā€™t complain about the Afterthoughts (read any student who isnā€™t a Speck7) because they must shout ā€œeeeehhhhhhiiiiii! We are here! The Speck7 are not the only aspiring heroes!ā€ and, at the same time, they mustnā€™t outshine them (for plot reason)

PS Yes I agree that they are either useless or annoying, if not both. Aside from Rain and Shine

1 Like

@Sylfaen, Quickie is bullet proof! At least in Part 2!

And personally, I much prefer Quickie and Friendzone to Gladiator and Pink Cavalier, as the later two were incredibly generic students I just tossed in Part 1 as fodder. In Part 2, I had to ā€œclear the deckā€ a little and get rid of some characters to streamline things for Part 3.

But I think Quickie has tons of potential. I like writing him. Same with Friendzone. And Dr. Hover didnā€™t get much to do, but I wrote a short story about him this summer and it turned out really well. I have a much better feel for him now. And of course Hi-Jinx is still around too. Damnit.

@Rinnegato, Uni was incredibly unpopular with readers (at least on the forums) and thatā€™s why I wrote her out. Now people are like ā€œI liked Uni!ā€ I canā€™t win. But donā€™t count against her making a cameo in Part 3.

Now the question will be who is recruited to fill out the empty slots in the Specktacular Seven in Part 3?

8 Likes

You are the boss -and a decent writer- so the choice is yours. Just remeber popular and unpopular not always mean best and worst.
I didnā€™ t like Uni in CC1 but Iā€™ve always though (just my opinion) that she could be an interesting character. A bad character is not necessarily a bad written character

Uni is a two-edged sword.
cause, what exactly did she do in one?
Be/play naive, trick us into revealing our real name (with the prospect of doing the do with her if we endanger ourself and mom)ā€¦

I mean, you did a great job with the Hedonist, but i think juggling two redemption arcsā€¦

1 Like

But I think Quickie has tons of potential. I like writing him. Same with Friendzone. And Dr. Hover didnā€™t get much to do, but I wrote a short story about him this summer and it turned out really well. I have a much better feel for him now. And of course Hi-Jinx is still around too. Damnit.

Unpopular opinion, but I loved Quickie [and Dr.Hover]-- He was annoying and mean, but I thought he had a depth to him I canā€™t describe yet and I wholeheartedly wanted my MC to be his friend [or potentially more] for some reason.
Iā€™m all for more Quickie in the future! :smiley:

3 Likes

Honestly if Quickie is forced on us in the 3rd game I likely wonā€™t buy it (You seem to be wanting to add one of the new characters to the Seven). That is how annoying I found him. Dr. Hover is alright (he had like zero characterization), and Friendzone is one of the few new ones I liked. But then again Iā€™d be happy enough with Gladiator, Pink Cavalier, Hi-Jinx, etc.

Also, how in the world is a guy who is obsessed with professional wrestling with the power to make people highly suggestible/forced to obey generic next to a guy who is resentful because a group he isnā€™t a part of is actually doing something productive and thus getting all the glory. Oh and he can go fast for a few seconds, but heā€™s more arrogant than Stunner and Professor Hedonist (At least I can only assume that is the downside to his power, otherwise heā€™s just a dick). Pink Cavalier could have a useful powerset if applied properly, though I do think that getting rid of Uni was the right move since her powers donā€™t really work in Nebraska.

2 Likes

Okay, some folks were talking about Uni in here and I pretty much adored her in Trial by fire but, now I gotta ask, really askā€¦ are we gonna see any of her in part three?

Cā€™mon this doesnā€™t count as a spoiler. Is she coming in part three in any way?

1 Like

Thereā€™s a strong possibility of her making at least a cameo.

Now, whether or not sheā€™ll survive the cameo is another matter

8 Likes

Thatā€™s kinda reassuringā€¦ maybe

:jack_o_lantern: My October Patreon special ends tomorrow! :jack_o_lantern:

That means thereā€™s just one more day to sign up for the $10 Friendzone Tier that gives you alllll of the CCH RPG sheets that have been produced thus far (Dirty Girl, Tress, Stoic, Synergy, Downfall, Lady Ash, plus Stunner, who is in production).

After payments are processed in early November, Iā€™m deleting the Friendzone tier! :sob:

Link is here: Eric Moser is creating Interactive Fiction | Patreon

3 Likes