Community College Hero 2: Knowledge is Power (Would a Game Guide for CCH1 & 2 be helpful? post 1941)

Well, power-level wise, he’s probably near the top…maybe a Grade 9…but he only gets to use his abilities once per year, so yeah he has to spend 364 days of the year posturing and threatening and all that stuff.

3 Likes

Can he actually use his powers the whole day then or only once? What happens if someone would knock him out that day?

For some reason, Quickie always reminds me of Robin from the 1960’s Batman show.

Edit:

I’m surprised he has not gone the non-powered equipment route on top of using his z-power, I mean he would do good on the skates and glider of the stealth characters.

2 Likes

@MeltingPenguins, those are questions I will have to address at some point. I’m not sure if I envision a 24-hour window where he is borderline all-powerful, or maybe it’s more like “he can snap his fingers and do one amazing thing” and then that’s it for the next 364 days, 23 hours, and 59 minutes.

@Eiwynn, I promise not to put Quickie in a tight green briefs. And Birthday Boy is far too valuable to Bookie for her to let him do anything even remotely dangerous. She puts a giant bodyguard on him 24/7, even in the middle of their own campus where it’s very safe. He doesn’t get to go on patrols or fun stuff like that. (Maybe that’s why he’s so abrasive…his own powers effectively put him under “house arrest.”)

6 Likes

well, if it’s 24H of almost omnipotence, he could have just created some kind of uber equipement so he can basicaly have superpower even outside of his ‘birthday’ in addition to whatever Booksmart ask of him, the ‘one amazing thing’ would work better with what you’ve shown but that’s just my opinion, it could even creat some tension between him and Booksmart given that he has to use up his one glory day per year to complete Booksmart’s pet project

Question then is: how full of himself is he (especially compared to booksmart).
there’s a lot of people out there who will NOT do something more efficient if they thing the ‘bigger’ thing will get them more praise and admiration and power.

I mean, look at Bookie: Savior already HAS the technology to end world hunger, energy problems, diseases and stuff (heck, we have the theory Cal’s paralyzed without the suit), aka the main causes for wars etc. Yet she wants to make the world a hivemind with herself as hivequeen.

4 Likes

Bookie appears to be milking all that attention as well! And in the Zenith route, she refuses to give you information of the Dozen even if you promise to use it to help . If she truly had pure and noble intentions, she would give that information, would she not?

1 Like

shuffles in any date for the chat yet?

1 Like

I just scheduled a chat for this Tuesday on Patreon, and this time ALL LEVELS are invited to attend! Details below…

Live Chat on Tue @ 9PM EST for ALL LEVELS with Special Guest!

Join me for a live chat this Tuesday night! I’ll start the chat session by answering questions, and then around 9:15 PM I’ll bring on a special guest, Speck HELL Professor Sandy McCormick!

Professor McCormick is only “mildly annoyed” at having to make this appearance, so I’m crossing my fingers for an entertaining interview! And I usually reserve chats for Booksmart + levels, but this time, to get more people involved, ALL LEVELS are invited to chat!

Bring any questions you have for me or Professor McCormick, and see you Tuesday night, August 28th!

(PS Please comment and/or like this post if you plan on participating!)

4 Likes

<3 i’ll try to be there

1 Like

Reminder about the chat tonight! Two lawyers for the price of one! There has to be a joke there somewhere!

(9PM-4:00 GMT for the start, and about 15 minutes in, McCormick is supposed to show up.)

3 Likes

It took me far too long to realize the following but:

The MC’s dad had Info on the Dozen and no one knows how. The only other parties that have info are Prestige and Savior, with the former seemingly having less info on them than the latter, and it struck me as Prestige only having info on how the dozen fights.
The info the MC’s father had, however, seems to be more like info Savior would have.
How did he get it? Is the info who he got it from and why hidden with his armor and gadgets? Did the party he got that info from get him killed, actually just pinning it on the dozen?

3 Likes

Honestly, the whole bit on the father having a new hidden version of his equipement and the MC commenting on how his father is way more inteligent than he though make me think that either, he was a way bigger villain than the MC thought and just didn’t get caught on his big stuff or the dozen probably wanted him to built something for them

Or, what I thought, that he accidentally stumbled over something OR discovered something after noting something off and investigated

that’s also possible but stumbling over something sensitive enough to warrant your murder by the equivalent of the league of evil is kind of unlikely, especialy with the weird guy who seems to see the multivers or whatever he did to see know every possible outcome of the meeting

IF it was actually the dozen.
All connections we have there is the number of wounds, and Manipulator’s word. And she’s an asshole who might (while knowing the connection) used the public interpretation to wind the MC up.

So the actual wirepullers might not be the dozen.

And as for that meeting we mused before that bookie messed with tolly’s head preventing any other outcome. Granted that’d mean bookie would be up to no good in every reality. Or did the meeting even take place in the realities where she’s genuine?

Building on that train of thought… Is Savior the reason the MC’s dad got that information, or is the MC’s dad the reason Savior now possesses that information?

2 Likes

Reading these posts, I become more and more anxious about being able to wrap this thing up without disappointing people. There are so many ways I could go with this…thankfully that is a pretty strong position to be in with an IF story! I’m doing my best not to comment too much on theories so I don’t send the wrong signal to anyone. But everything is read, I assure you!

12 Likes

And here’s Community College Hijinks #10! Stoic wishes you a steady, consistent weekend with no surprises (but maybe a :hamburger: or two!)

7 Likes

If you ever turn CCH in a graphic novel, I demand “What if…?” / “Elseworld” scenarios :sunglasses: . As side project :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes