Community College Hero 2: Knowledge is Power (Would a Game Guide for CCH1 & 2 be helpful? post 1941)

I just finished playing the game and I have to say, Community College Hero 2 may be one of the best interactive text-based games out there. Usually I like to savor games like these, but I lost all manner of self control and finished it in 3 hours,and will now probably paw at it whenever I have the time.

I didn´t have any real issue with the game at all, there were times where I feel like the plot was being rushed (Beating Wyvern, for example) or there were some unexplained reactions that certain characters had to my actions that were never expanded upon (Tress always seems to hate it when my MC succeeds at something)

I also felt like some characters were dismissed so easily, I didn´t see a single sentence about Uni or where she was, how she´s doing etc. I guessed I would have liked some closure or something indicating the characters cared at all? In contrast, I feel like other characters Quickie should have been expanded on, but I get that there´s only so much time one can dedicate to character building.

I loved that the MC could actually do more this time around, I felt like my choices really mattered and my character had a lot more chances to show off their skills.

In terms of romance, I´m still hoping for a RO with either Captain California or The Hedonist. I know its trashy, judge me as you wish :stuck_out_tongue:

overall all, Bravo @Eric_Moser ! enjoy your vacation!

5 Likes

Enjoy your vacation, Eric! I’d love to enter your art contest myself, but sadly, the only thing I can remotely draw is a stickman. That sure won’t do any of our beloved CCH characters justice! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

its okay there’s a lot of hedonist fans out there

3 Likes

@Lys and @Phiality, thanks for your reviews! I really appreciate you sharing your thoughts! Yes I know some of the pacing might have been off (again), but I did the best I could to keep it moving and include all the big plot points. I wish I could have devoted more time to more characters, but I tried my best to be balanced.

Oh and I did enjoy my weekend getaway, although my kiddos enjoyed it more (water park).

2 Likes

Oh for any Booksmart + Level Patrons, I just posted some Dr. Hover flash fiction that I’ll be including in my CCH short story collection later this year. Check it out!

2 Likes

Hey I’m not much past “drawing stick figures” level myself, so I’m right there with you!

But the good news is that several entries came in this week, so we’re up to eight total. I’m looking forward to posting them all on Monday!

5 Likes

You don’t need to hold back anymore

Currently very amused at the patreon poll.
Sorry, just cackling more than I should, it’s adorable (in lack of a better word )

1 Like

Thankfully, Adrienne’s design for Downfall totally kicks ass. I am actually really excited about seeing Downfall in her all glory.

5 Likes

Absolutely agreed. <3
Also I feel kinda sorry for Cal. There’s a certain dynamic between the three and he seems to get the short end of the stick each time D=

Well, and one of my awesome Patrons had named Captain California, so I was hoping I’d get to include that name in the bio. Actually, it’s the same with Hedy. They’ll get there eventually!

5 Likes

I think there might be a slight problem in a cerain event in the game

I played as a Detective in Part 2. When I first met Wyvern, I wasn’t able to avoid or dodge the attack in any way, despite the fact that I had 10 hmmm. Another problem is that I opened up a different save with 9 hmmm and somehow that save avoided the attack. I need an answer to this. Is it a glitch? Or is it something else? Thank you.

I looked at the code and I think you can only successfully dodge the attack if you have thermo-googles.
Not having them if you checked or not having checked ups ouch by 10%.

I assume you went and checked what the figure was and had the goggles in the other file?

@Jury How much was your shhh?
Because if you mean the first “not surprise attack” you must have shhh >6

From what I know, both saves were Lvl.3. The only difference between them being that the first save was that my character was a Brooder, whilst in the other save, my character was a traditionalist

So I studied the files a bit and I think you’re right.

The save where I managed to avoid the Wyvern’s attack had 8 shhh whilst the other one had 6 shhhh. Thank you!

Yeah, but did you run up to the roof in each play?

Because there is nothing in the code there that has to do with brooder etc

Edit. Ah, that attack you meant. You noted your hmm so i looked for that check

Edit2:

Lets go back to weird theories:

Remember how the MC mused about where the actual Booksmart is (if the robotic body is actually artifical)?
Which two female chars do we know who could “hide” behind a robotic body?

oh my god i remember nothing but i have laziness to play hahahahaha

One that comes to my mind is Hag. Given her telepathic powers, it would seem possible for her to do so! Can’t quite recall the powers of some others so I can’t name the other one.

To summarize:

Everyone but bookie who’s hag is megacat except for cal, hedy, downfall and the mc, and megacat is a dozen kittens in a trenchcoat.
The jury’s still out on streetsmart though.