Community College Hero 2: Knowledge is Power (Would a Game Guide for CCH1 & 2 be helpful? post 1941)

That’s weird D:

But yeah, I’ll PM you my email, thanks so much ;w;

@MeltingPenguins now that is something I have to check :stuck_out_tongue:

@defenestratin your art is so lovely <3

1 Like

Question, I romanced Dirty Girl in the first game and finished with about a 25 relationship with her… now I just started the second, but looking at the relationship tab I see my rating with her is only at 50 percent, while with Mob who I only had a 15 relationship with in the first game is at 75 percent.

Is there a reason or is that a glitch?

There are three different levels at the beginning of part 2: 25 (cold), 50 (neutral) and 75 (warm). Those are based on your scores of part one, and vary depending on the character.

For example, getting a 16 with Mob is a pretty nice score, meaning you have a good relationship with him.
25 for DG is pretty average. I think you need 40 to get 75 at the beginning of part 2. So you need to take the CP name and accept to take drugs with her.

1 Like

Your question is exactly the reason I converted relationships from raw scores to percentiles for CCH2.

In CCH1, relationships were raw scores. Like you would start at 5 with everyone, or something like that, and then your score would go up or down. If you agreed with someone, it might +1. If you made someone really mad, it might go -3. So that means that if there are more interactions with some characters (DG, Crook), than others (Stunner, Stoic), the player has no idea what a “good” or “bad” score is with different characters.

Now they are are all percentiles. Comparing them is easy. Yes, a 75% is always better than a 50%. Whereas before, a 25 with DG might actually be a weaker relationship than a 17 with Crook.

Make sense?

I would really really really suggest people use fairmath percentiles for relationships to avoid this issue in the first place.

5 Likes

I keep searching and I can’t find it again. What the… either it got deleted or I imagined things. Yes, I checked the discord too. I’m very confused.

Ah ok thanks for the response. The romance should still carry over though, right?

Not as such. At the start of the second game you can pick who you are dating, but everything else (secrets etc) carry over.

EDIT:
Coming back to the earlier theory that the outcome of whatever battle looms ahead might lead into the timelines of other superhero themed CoG/HG games:

The discord server found explanations for Hero Unmasked and Superlatives:
HeUn: Something causes a mass radiation loss, leaving only a few zeniths
Superlatives: Whatever was at the airbase causes such a massive zenith-radiation increase that it (through the zone) affects the past, in which z-energy becomes known as Aether

1 Like

So if I pick I am dating someone else, there would never be an awknowledgment that DG and I had a history. Or does it ask you who you dated in part 1 in part 2?

This game crosses over with other hero CoG titles?

It asks who you are dating now, and remembers if you learned the characters secrets in 1.

And no, the game does not crossover with others. It’s just a bit of fan-weirdness musing how the outcome of the battle in 3 might lead to the timelines of other games. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ok thanks for the reply, also does that choice at the end of part 1 mean anything? The one where you are asked how you planned to get stronger during the winter break?

The path choice?
You get asked that again at the beginning of 2, too.

2 Likes

Thanks for inviting me and also great work on part 2. Still trying to get my zenith power and it’s really fun

Also I just want to ask Will Zenith Powers not be available until part 2?

Part 3, rather. If you pick the Zenith path in 2 its mostly research on them and how to activate them

2 Likes

Thanks! Yeah that makes sense now that I think about it. Hopefully we don’t unlock those powers at literally the last second

1 Like

So, was up late and trying to associate music that’d be fitting for CCH, and I couldn’t help but imagine a specific tune playing as the Diabolical Dozen make an entrance. Now…bare with me, as this is a super nerdy reference. But look up “The Dark and Endless Dalek Night” by Murray Gold. I shall shut up and await judgment.

1 Like

Now that made me imagine the Diabolical Dozen calmly striding towards you and your team, with Lady Ash in the lead.

On the note of songs, I’m not sure if it was shared or proposed before - but this song played in my mind during the final confrontation and the subsequent battle between the MC the Wyvern:
TSFH - Bastion

Not a bad choice. I personally had a hard time placing a musical theme to fit the narrative. The fight did not go on nearly as long as I had thought, which was nice.

I won’t lie, I nerded out during the “Booksmart Conference” where she illustrates her 3 step plan.

I couldn’t help but imagine The Doctor listening in and then interjecting with one of his famous speeches, while the PC got to be a companion for a day.

Adding
Main Theme (TSFH - Companions)
Warped Nightmare (CCH2 Final Battles Theme) (TSFH - Crimson Death)
Shattered Nightmare (Alternate Final Battles Themes) (TSFH - The Summoning & Temple of Damnation)