The Kepler Colony: Evacuation (OUT NOW!)

Good information. Consider her added!

One thing that seems a bit unbalanced is the scientists. They are extremely expensive over the long term (25 billion each) and it is possible to research every technology in time with 20 or so. If you max out early you have years where they aren’t doing anything but sucking up valuable module construction funds.

Additionally, I have found in the last 6 years or so I have developed all the technologies but a bunch of the budget goes to waste because I have to do a 50/50 spilt with technology development then bank it.

I have experienced that too, but only as I have played the game enough to know what to build and when. I will tweak it a little though. One thing I plan to do that might help is make certain tech unresearchable until a certain year has passed or a certain other tech has been built.

How is that part of the game though? Is it clear what the scientists do or is it confusing?

1 Like

It makes sense to me. I think another way to make the scientist more useful is that development isn’t instantaneous as well. Like the factories and engineers (once implemented) your development throughput will be constrained by the number of scientists you have on staff.

You are right about the research too: I shouldn’t be able to develop robotic policing before robotics for instance.

I just got a tiny little error :
I had the “You now have 15 scientists allocated to Cryogenics. You have 43 scientists unallocated to projects.” while I actually allocated the scientists to research the space elevator.

@Altan, that’s a strange one. I’ll take a look into it.

@cascat07 that’s a good idea. I’ll see how the game is after a bit more tweaking and if it’s still too easy, I’ll add scientist based time delays.

if your in charge of building this space ship your spot on the ship is already guaranteed right ?

That’s up to you. You have 2 spots that you can give to anyone you choose.

damn choose to save your self or some else that’s savage right there lol

Whats savage would be to take them both for yourself For a roomier trip. :smiling_imp: The evil one has Spoken

Hmm two seats on the ship…well looks like it’s me and my two dogs . What you thought I’d take another person with me? Ha! Of course not my ship will take canines and spread them to Kepler! However cats will not be allowed on board the ship.

1 Like

ok yeah that’s truly savage lol

My bud, to answer you question: no, there’s nothing new. Also, you can’t bring up a topic that’s been inactive for over two weeks, unless you’re the author.

Thanks for reopening this. While it is true, I haven’t posted for a while, this is far from dead.
@adventurekid36 had a good and valid question.

Progress has been slow due to another paid writing commitment. That is coming to an end now and heavy progress on this game should resume soon.

7 Likes

omg i cant wait this is my fav WIP on here keep up the goodwork

1 Like

what happened with the other part?

Both parts have been on hiatus as such. I think this part (part 2) is likely to be finished first but that’s not a problem.

We will get there!

Incidentally, I should complete my other writing commitment within a week so I’ll be able to focus on this again!

4 Likes

UPDATE

Writing resumed today with an update to year 5 (a discussion on the merits of taking homosexuals onto the spaceship) and some updated artwork for all of the characters (no more photos - drawings instead).
It is a small update, but a necessary one to get me back into the writing style and help you get to know the characters a little better.

I’ve also corrected the error pointed out by @Altan back in February! It took me a while to find but was actually critical for every scientist allocation!

Demo Link:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23448049/Colonising%20Kepler%2062e/dfabulich-choicescript-ce4cbfb/web/mygame/index.html

3 Likes