The Kepler Colony: Evacuation (OUT NOW!)

Got the following error after choosing a country:

Sorry about that! Corrected.

ETA Wow, that was actually a major error repeated 223 times! Planning ahead for a change of character name I changed their name to a variable but ended with ] instead of }ā€¦ little things can cause a lot of damage! Thanks for spotting it so quick!

Iā€™m trying to give the scientists a good use. At present im planning to have them work on a frame for each advance before you can pay for that advance.
For example, at present it costs 240billion for cryogenics. Iā€™m proposing dedicating a year of 40 scientists work (or two years of 20 scientists, etc.) before you can pay for the cryogenics to be completed. Does that sound like a good idea?

I like that idea. It adds complexity and more meaning.

Iā€™m going to experiment with it now. After the next update, the game should be significantly harder.

ETA: The implementation will take longer than expected as I need to create a whole new block of code for it. In the meantime, Iā€™ve put a patch in place so the game can continue to be played while I work. I have also adjusted some of the tech prices to make the game a little tougher.

1 Like

Just donā€™t make it too hard :slight_smile: then youā€™ll have people complaining. I do think youā€™ve got the right balance between easy and hard, though.

Iā€™m planning to make it very hard to fail to make any spaceship, but also hard to make everything. At present, itā€™s too easy to make it all.

Youā€™re right though, I wonā€™t upset the balance too much.

1 Like

yea it was a finagle situation where i could max out all the modules, habitation modules and a cryo-module for each get all the tech and get all but either the space elevator or the bunker with 2 years to spare might have gotten everything if i wasnā€™t almost always reserving 40 to 50 of my budget on military and public all the time not overly a pain to do but getting everything was gonna require getting to 30-40 and maybe waiting to last year
adding in a scientist requirement would definitly make it more a hmm what to do moment and increase the overall play-ability since everything would not be doable anymore

1 Like

Sorry if its not place to ask but original thread was abondoned. I was in love with demo but then youve gone silent. So i have to ask, what happened to Blackraven?

Hi Umrahel,

Blackraven is still in the works, however my focus is on Kepler at the moment. It will eventually be completed (and a lot more has been written since the last update) but itā€™s going to take a while.

1 Like

Update:
The choices you make in the international dealings now affect the game. If you agree to build modules, you now actually have to build them. Conversely if you take extra engineering facilities, your production speed will improve. If you take the riot police, you wonā€™t need to pay for military protection for two years.

The scientist update is still in progress.

This update passes quick test, but there could be continuity errors. If you spot anything let me know.

2 Likes

Iā€™ll try it out as soon as I get some time.

1 Like

If we couldnā€™t travel at close to the speed of light in CK62eā€¦

I dont know why but that gae me shivers at the time thta passed

UPDATE

A massive overhaul to the scientist section has just been completed. You now have to research technologies before you can develop them. Let me know of any problems, no matter how small, as although Iā€™ve tested Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll have missed something!

Eta: The game will be harder now due to the extra resources to manage. Please also give feedback here. Is it too hard? Too easy? Anything that needs tweaking?

Link:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23448049/colonising%20kepler%2062e/dfabulich-choicescript-ce4cbfb/web/mygame/index.html

5 Likes

The game is stuck in a ā€˜loopholeā€™ā€¦ iā€™ve developed all the technologies, but i canā€™t seem to build any of themā€¦

@Yanphi Ah yes, you are right. Thanks for letting me know. Iā€™ll fix it nowā€¦

Edit: All fixed!

hey keep up the good work no matter how many times i play through the game my spine still gets shivers over the moral choices you make. =)

2 Likes

@Assassin3006 Thanks for your support! Iā€™m glad you are enjoying it. Work is going well. There are many loose ends to tie up, and a few more scenes to add, but the end is in sight with this part of the game!

1 Like

UPDATE:

Year 19 has been added to the game. This year, rather than one arc, covers several mini-stories.

At present, two have been completed:
Naming the spaceship.
Binny Lumsden relationship update.

still to add for year 19:
New robot scene
Cybernetics scene

Also updated: minor changes, spelling errors and preference changes.

4 Likes