The Kepler Colony: Evacuation (OUT NOW!)

Binny FTW. (Plus twenty).

2 Likes

UPDATE

This is another big update but it wonā€™t feel like it if you played the previous demo. The majority has been spelling corrections, continuity errors and a few minor changes. Other new parts are:

-More News
-Shuttles correctly added (for the end game - now once your spaceship is completed, if you donā€™t have enough shuttles/time, then you may end up leaving with a half empty spaceshipā€¦)
-You can now become leader of the Penguins if you type the correct code word into the nation select pageā€¦

7 Likes

ā€¦that sounds so awesome, too bad Iā€™ll never get to see it :cry: . Iā€™m so bad at things like this. Guessing itā€™s not something like penguin(s), North/South pole, tuxedo etc :stuck_out_tongue: .

Edit: sorry for the double quote, thatā€™s weird :confused: just copied and pasted that sentence between two bracketed quotes like I normally do, donā€™t get why it did that.

1 Like

The answer is very easy if you read the post againā€¦ Be bold with your guessā€¦

3 Likes

Hmm, maybe a kinda clue please? Or more just additional info I guess, as in if you guess correctly do you get a special message? Is getting the phrase correct the only requirement to getting to be the penguin leader, or do you need to pick Antartica for your continent, and guess the correct citizen name and cities too?

Edit: also if you pick a custom nation in general, is the difficulty always normal, or if you pick a continent that has a difficulty mode(E.G south America for Bolivia) do you use that difficulty mode if you get me?

2 Likes

On the nation select page click ā€˜None of theseā€™. On the large nation select page click ā€˜none of theseā€™ again. When prompted to name your country, write the correct word as indicated before. Donā€™t forget a capital letter (case sensitive). You will complete an achievement when you get it right. The bold word is what you wantā€¦

2 Likes

Reply to Edit: thatā€™s a good question. All nations unless indicated are standard difficulty mode. The penguin secret mode has 300 billion budget but starts with cryogenics developed. The penguin mode is the first test for more varied changes to different nations. If all works well (which a quick test indicates it does) then I can add much more varied changes to the nations.

At present, the continent doesnā€™t affect the game. It could thoughā€¦ I like the idea!

4 Likes

Cheers :slight_smile: did guess correctly, but due to my visual imparement I canā€™t tell if text is bold or when I get an achievement without manually looking :stuck_out_tongue: . Hmmm, I think if creating a custom nation being able to pick your difficulty from a list would be best, but thatā€™s just me :stuck_out_tongue: . As I guess in most and I think even all continents thereā€™s at least one country that could correspond to a difficulty setting. Plus if itā€™s a custom nation, the player could be head cannoning it as fictional.

2 Likes

Iā€™m vaguely thinking of a custom mode. As standard, all nations are the same. If you choose a custom mode there would be presets for many nations (USA - extra money. China, extra protection against riots, etc.).
I donā€™t want everything to be customisable as I want to encourage players to choose different nations to play with.

3 Likes

Will there ever be a cheat nation, like one for debugging, perfection runs, and people who donā€™t like a challenge?

2 Likes

Almost certainly, but you will have to complete the game once to get the codeā€¦

1 Like

UPDATE

Iā€™ve added a year 23 event, so take your time launching your spaceship if you want to read it. It relates to helping a different nation, but this time you donā€™t make the final decision - that will lie with the leader of your country and she just might not agree with youā€¦

7 Likes

Just had a quick Russia blast through, God that really was easy! :stuck_out_tongue: Developed and built all technologies, maxed out space modules and got 10 shuttles. Was just a quick playthrough, so didnā€™t make notes of specifics, and didnā€™t clear my history to view the latest version, but when choosing from the 100 at the end on some you still can only pick yes for whether youā€™re sure or not. Btw, here are the ones I picked:
Richard Press
Pete Dormer
Steven Poole,
Sarah Tanner,
Justin Hartson,
Harry Fingersmith,
Tessa Singer,
Donald Jacker,
Peter Boyt,
Know that isnā€™t 10, but these stood out for me way more than the others, so when viewing the others theyā€™re being mentally compared to these :stuck_out_tongue: .

1 Like

Is there some stat that determines whether our president agrees to help? I mean if our spaceship is already done and we have extra revenue it seems churlish and illogical to the extreme to refuse?

At present, thereā€™s a 1 in 10 chance that your leader will choose a different option to your suggestion. Helping isnā€™t an issue of money but an issue of space - for every foreign citizen you help, 1 of your own loses a spot. Your neighbours are too far behind to complete a working ship in time, with your help or not.

Is our robot ro? I want romans my robot

1 Like

Yes, you will be able to have a relationship with your robot. Iā€™m actually writing that scene now.

6 Likes

Demo Decision and call for beta testers:

After a nice weekend of progress I can see the end in sight for this game! I think Iā€™m a few short weeks away from calling on beta-testers to find all those pesky bugs and spelling errors. As such, I have taken the decision to keep the demo up until the weekend, then it will be gone. After that, the only way to play will be as a beta-tester.

If you would like to become a beta-tester, send me a message and Iā€™ll add you to the list (limited to 20 people - regular followers of the story will take precedence).

4 Likes

I played the game yesterday and it was enjoyable. Well done and I hope to get my hands on the full versions soon.

I launched the spaceship, then abruptly I got to control another character. I wonder what happened to ā€œmeā€ā€¦lolā€¦But the game ended after describing his back story. I just want to know if the full game is designed to be the same. DO I play with a different character after launching the spaceship?

1 Like

Iā€™m glad you enjoyed it! After launching the spaceship, if you go on board the ship, you will play the intro to that section of the game. If you do not go on the ship, you will see the final days of your character before becoming the new MC. You will have to wait for the sequel to see what actually happens once you are in spaceā€¦