The Kepler Colony: Evacuation (OUT NOW!)

@Taleweaver, very interesting! It would take some serious code to close that error but I might leave it in as a cheat mode.

@Beezlebub the engineers increase the speed at which bought spaceship components are completed. With few engineers you can quickly have a backlog of components waiting to be built. I’ll dig out the stats later and show you.

Presently, the scientists just dent your wallet a little. I still need to add their function. The scientists will eventually do a similar job. At present, once you pay for a tech it is developed. I plan to change it to a percent likelihood of making that scientific breakthrough. The more scientists you have, the greater chance of success. This will change the pricing structure of these techs and will be the next thing I work on after the current, frustrating update!

1 Like

That’s why my cryogenics and space modules weren’t working! Well they seem like a great investment to make at the start.

I would like the feature to hire 5 engineers/scientists at once. Hiring them individually takes too long. It shouldn’t be hard, just another choice with different unlocked conditions and *set engineers +5 *set money -5 instead of +1 -1, right?

Being able to let them go would be nice as well, but perhaps it’s a plot point that once you induct them into secret service they can’t leave and still be safe.

You’re right about hiring the scientists and engineers. I’ll look into changing that. The next update includes dealing with how some of the engineers are treated and you can decide if they get a seat on the spaceship. It’s taking me too long to write but it is coming!

1 Like

I like that idea. Yeah my fingers were getting a little sore from clicking 80+ times to hire them. :stuck_out_tongue:

Will the similarity to the evacuation when you get to Kepler be you have to set up a civilization while dealing with the planet and the native species

I would like an option to have “People who worked on the project team get a better chance of getting on the spaceship, but no guarantee” vs the extremes of “of course you get a seat, and you, and you…” and “no, we choose the most worthy people even if they’re not on our team”

@Crotale
One of the reasons you are the group leader, yet have someone higher up to report to (the Prime Minister/President) is so that some decisions can be taken out of your hands. This allows us to fix some options making the game easier to write. I haven’t written the conversation yet, as it will give too much about part one away, but very early on in the game you will have a conversation with the leader where you will be told you have 2 fixed places on the ship to use as you see fit. Hence the choices at the end. As for the other people who work on the ship, as part of the selection process for who makes it onto the ship, they will all have a good chance anyway. You are working with some of the best people in their field so don’t be surprised if one or two of them make it aboard if you don’t pick them!

@kingzug, honestly, we still have a lot of discussion to do for part three, but yes, that’s about it. Minus the native species. I can neither confirm nor deny whether other life forms will be present on K62e.

1 Like

NEWS FLASH

An interesting article about the end of the world coming soon:
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/09/08/blood-moon-coincide-asteroid-apocalypse-28-september_n_8104668.html?

Perhaps this is a great time to say that the demo for Colonising Kepler 62e: Evacuation has finally been updated! This is a large update for year 13 in the game. You will travel to either the UK or the USA (depending on your starting nation) and deal with other nations. You will also have to deal with a problem back home, and maybe even start a relationship.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23448049/colonising%20kepler%2062e/dfabulich-choicescript-ce4cbfb/web/mygame/index.html

3 Likes
You finish the meeting with a recap of the arrangements for the spaceship: 
13908 places will go to military personnel. 
27815 places will go to skilled workers. 
27815 places will go to scientists, medical and education workers. 
20862 places will go specifically to children. 
22600 places will be allocated randomly via a lottery. 
The remaining 1000 places have already been sold to wealthy citizens. 

113000 people saved, though I encountered a bug with the destroyed propulsion module when the guy’s space shuttle modification blew up - Good result?

Details:
Name: John
Surname: Grey
Nationality: American

There are 2 years before the asteroid hits Earth.

Developed Technologies: Constant Acceleration Drive
Advanced Robotics
Advanced Cybernetics
Advanced Cryogenics
Advanced Habitation Modules
Food Replication Units
Skin Regeneration Technology
Advanced Propulsion System
Advanced fueling system
Immobilising guns
Micro Magnetic Shielding
Short Distance EMP Weapons

A space elevator has been built.
A deep Earth bunker has been built.
Cybernetic Police have been deployed.
Robotic Police have been deployed.

Spaceship Development: You have currently completed the following modules:
Propulsion: 2 of 2 modules completed. (One propulsion module is needed to support up to seven habitation modules or one habitation module and upto eight cryogenic modules)
Life Support: 2 of 2 modules completed. (One life support module supports up to ten habitation modules)
Cargo: 8 of 8 modules completed. (This is a non-essential module)
Fuel: 2 of 2 modules completed. (One fuel module supports up to eight habitation modules or one habitation module and eight cryogenics modules)
Defence: 1 of 1 module completed. (This is a non-essential module)
Computer: 1 of 1 module completed. (Essential module)
Human support system:

You can support both cryogenics and a recycling habitation system.
Cryogenic Modules: 16 of 16 (max) modules completed. Habitation Modules: 12 of 14 (max) modules completed.

You finish the meeting with a recap of the arrangements for the spaceship:
20333 places will go to military personnel.
30500 places will go to skilled workers.
30500 places will go to scientists, medical and education workers.
40667 places will go specifically to children.
The remaining 1000 places have already been sold to wealthy citizens.

1 Like

Pretty good mate. :slight_smile:

If I could suggest a feature that be added to this WIP it should be that you can specify how many engineers you want to hire. I had to click that button over a hundred times in the 4 playthroughs I did.

Oh crap I just noticed I didn’t complete my last 2 habitation modules even though I purchased them. I probably could have gotten the max stats if I just waited one more year. And I had 2! Sugar! Sugar! Sugar!

@Beezlebub, I will change the engineer section a little. You’re right, 1 by 1 is repetitive. However, jumping from 1 to 20 in one swoop is too easy… Do you (or anyone) have any suggestions to curtail this that are realistic?

Let us hire them in batches of five. The text can be ‘it’s time to expand our engineering team’ or something.

1 Like

I agree with Crotale. Something to make it a little easier at least.

I’ve added the option to increase the number of engineers and scientists directly to max out your current facilities.

3 Likes

I really enjoyed what’s there so far! It’s… just about a complete game 1, right? Other than the XXXX parts. The bits of artwork are a nice touch. Though at this point, I’m confused about what putting money into the private sector does. I didn’t notice it do anything. Also, there was one point where I sold a bunch of seats and made a bunch of modules, not realizing it would cut me off after 2, and I think I lost a lot of money doing that. Getting a little message like ‘Our engineers are already working to maximum capacity!’ or whatnot would be nice. I really enjoyed the style, though, management games are fun to me.

Oh, and I just read that you added the option to increase the number of engineers and scientists directly? Do you mean more than one at a time, because being able to type in a number would be helpful, I very much agree.

Thank you Andy. I can now play 10 times faster. :slight_smile:

What you have to do there is max out your engineers so you’re not losing time. They’re put on hold so you’re not necessarily losing money just time.

Yes, he means that.