The Kepler Colony: Evacuation (OUT NOW!)

That is What i Like to Refer to As A Small-ish Planet Cracker and not a World ender
We would really only Need A rock Maybe 10 Miles (16-ish Kilometers) in size to Potentially kill all Human life. Killing all Life Would be substantially harder…

2 Likes

Nice video.

The rock in CK62e is 13.2km. Plenty big enough to kill us all (but leave room for the deep Earth bunker to work).

The largest ever to hit the Earth was 32.5km around 3 billion years ago.

3 Likes

The very concept is so fasinating to me.

By the way, I’ve been meaning to ask:

There is one thing the game never addresses, and it bugs me.

How come we don’t get to choose for our character to be put into cryogenic sleep, or live among the generationers on the ship? Because I want to wake up on Keplar.

1 Like

Yea That Could Potentally Keep A Deep Earth Bunker Intact Provided its Not Near the Impact Zone The Closer the the other side of the Planet the Better…
I think the Chixub, Chicxlub, Chicxulub however thats spelled…was something like 15Km in size and was the 3rd or 4th Largest in theory to hit the planet. So yea 13Km is easly good enough
Isnt the 32.5km One the Parent Body to the Previosly mentioned 15k one?

2 Likes

If you go on the spaceship, then depending on the type of spaceship you build one of three things will happen:
Cryogenics only ship- you will go into cryogenic sleep (you will not be a part of the awake skeleton crew).
Habitation only - no cryogenics, so obviously you will live then die on the ship.
Hybrid ship - you will have the choice.

@Drakeye the 30km asteroid is mentioned in the story (Year 22 I think) but here’s an article about it:

https://www.google.co.kr/amp/s/www.newscientist.com/article/dn21996-earths-oldest-impact-crater-found-in-greenland/amp/

3 Likes

Yea 30k is defiantly close if not at that all life killing size
I think it was referenced somewhere about this sort of thing that to kill all life you have to be able to boil the oceans…

13 just kills most or everyone on the surface defiantly guessing there was research done to make a good size rock for this story as to make death guaranteed but plausible survival if the deep earth bunker exists

2 Likes

Yes, lots of research has gone into this story, from possible future scientific developments (such as the cure for the common cold), to asteroid sizes and even what the surface of Kepler 62e will be like (1.5 to 3 times the gravity of Earth… we are taking a liberty and going with 1.5). You learn a lot writing a book!

5 Likes

Someone enlighten me. Is it bad that it has 1.5 times the gravity of Earth? Any major differences?

a 200 pound person now weighs 300 pounds
those born their will slowly evolve to become shorter wider and Posses More Muscle structure

4 Likes

…Dwarfs (20 charc)

6 Likes

One of the benefits of a habitation spaceship:

The way the gravity on board the ship is generated is through constant acceleration. The spaceship accelerates for half the journey, then rotates 180 degrees half way through the journey, then decelerates for the second half of the journey. The acceleration is set to 1g (9.8 metres per second) which gives the effect of having the same gravity as on Earth. To allow the people on board to be comfortable with the gravity on Kepler 62e, instead of staying at 1g acceleration/deceleration, this will be changed gradually over the 1200 year journey to 1.5g. When they arrive on Kepler 62e, the gravity will be the same as what they are used to.
Of course, for the people in Cryogenic sleep, the gravity will feel like carrying a child on your back all the time…

4 Likes

Men will finally know the pain

2 Likes

Does anyone have a guide on how to make it into space without dying (if thats possible) Ive tried but i just cant do it.

@augustus27 Are you taking about the infiltration of the office? Or are you waiting too long till launch?

I seem to be waiting too long until the launch, but i cant figure out how to do it in time. Id appreciate it if you could send me a guide, but Id totally understand if you couldnt.

1 Like

I do this every time, but I have a system of where I put 30-40% in technology 30-40% in spaceship, nothing for public, and 20% for military so you can have some savings for the next year. Put off telling the public as much as you can, when the riots start use your best judgement for if you need to up the military % to 30 and level everything else as 30-30-0-30. Hire as many scientists as possible and about 15-20 engineers
you can hire more, I just forget to do so after The office upgrade.
so you can have as many hands on deck. With this get everything you absolutely NEED first then worry about the shield and guns later. Same goes for the spaceship parts. Put Investment into guns, it’ll payoff, like really I once had $840 budget bc of it put however much you think you can handle in four years.

Don’t be afraid to put some money a side, you need as much as you can especially during riots. With this I had about 7-5 years left with the ship finished and 6 of habitation mids, cyber- whatever mods, and cargo mods. I left with two years 2-3 yrs left.

3 Likes

I advise the bare bones approach. 1 life support, 1 propulsion, 1 fuel, 1 computer, and your choice of 7 habitats, 1 habitat and 8 Cryo, or 8 cryo, plus however many cargo pods you can fit before you reach the next finish ship option.

3 Likes

Once you have enough components to finish the ship, the option should appear yearly. For some reason it’s behaving funny so I will take a look at that when I get a chance.

3 Likes

Got a bit more feedback, and some typos, hopefully will have more later:
At the start maybe change the question to what is your first name and please type your first name, rather than just name as is the case for surname currently.
Shortly after: "You are Fay Hill. You are a English " *An English not sure if you can correct that due to the number of countries though.

“accompanied by searing pain worse than any migrane.” *migraine
“A suited man with short hair and titanium deisgner-frame glasses steps forwards” *designer *framed?

Shortly after, think it’s the very next time you have any sort of communication with the leader "head early to your office and are further briefed by the president through a video call. " *chose England again.

“Sure, I’m was thinking the Indian place just before the motorway junction.” *I
““Fair enough, how about you, Fay?” ask Bea.” *asks

Haven’t tried this, as forgot the name of the curry :stuck_out_tongue: , but just out of interest if you type in biryani for the curry you want does B still say normally she’d have a biryani?

1 Like

I’ve played this game so many fucking times, I’m always able to launch at the very least a little over 50,000 people, with up to 7 habitation modules, 8 cryogenic (I think), and 6 cargo modules. I’m understanding every little bit of it.

Now, my next playthrough, I’m literally only going to put in luxury modules and see what happens. If we’re going to be leaving Earth, I better be able to kick back and enjoy a tropical drink while watching the Earth get fucking obliterated through a giant viewing port, and so should everyone else. They should all be able to enjoy the trip to Keplar, not just survive it.

Plus, I mean, really nice ship equals less chance of people going pure apeshit, right? Right???

4 Likes