The Kepler Colony: Evacuation (OUT NOW!)

http://irontowerstudio.com/new-world-factions

Those guys are actualy making a rp game approaching the no-cryo ship worst case scenario. I am f*cking ecstastic at the amount of games approaching this subjects rn.

2 Likes

ack pressed the wrong button on my keyboard so didn’t manage to finish it :’( but have some more feedback for what I did play
after the public find out about the asteroid after the UN meeting feel it doesn’t elaborate enough about how they found out/not enough options for suppression/damage control, such as propaganda/tighter regulations on how it’s openly discussed
found the homosexual conversation a bit weird, might be just me, but I wasn’t surprised by the context, I would have definitely still fired Marlon.

Feel if riots keeps occurring some flavour text could be nice on the high number of riots and/or other choices such as decreasing public spending/raising taxes/scape goating/drawing attention to other issues etc.
not sure how similar the in game England is to real life England, but kinda discussed this previously, but guns are mostly illegal so a bit more on how they became legal/the cultural change would be good, if the in game England is similar in this aspect.
Also not sure how the public found out about the ship, not sure if I missed it?
maybe have two options when launching the nuclear missile? As I said from what I’ve read trying to destroy the asteroid rather than divert it wouldn’t work, but an option to choose either could still be good.
Loved the game over button, actually got quite annoyed as thought there was an out of nowhere time skip when I saw the name of the button, as not seen that done before :stuck_out_tongue: .

When choosing your robot butler’s gender, with the asexual choice do you not mean non-binary or something similar? I thought asexual referred to orientation?

Still loving the yp :slight_smile: just a pity that I tiredly refreshed my page :frowning: .

Why? He wasn’t attacking homosexuals, just stating something that actually has some logic behind it.

1 Like

There are lots of great replies and questions here.

The spaceship, no matter what design, will use constant acceleration of 1g through the journey. That means, an artificial gravity would be created that would feel normal. Halfway through the journey, the spaceship will stop accelerating and turn around through 180 degrees. It will then decelerate at 1g, again creating the same artificial gravity.

Guns for public use wouldn’t be allowed on the spaceship. The military would have access to blunt melee weapons for order. The actual guns would be stored in an inaccessible part of the ship until arrival on Kepler 62e.

@FutbolDude21586 The limits on cryogenic and habitation modules were only set yesterday. As such the game will be a little easy right now. I will make changes, likely this weekend, to make it harder to build everything.

@CreepyPastaKitty I’m glad you are enjoying it! This game was started in 2013, originally with the intention of being a community written game, but for this story it’s now just me. A seperate prequel is being written by @Samuel_H_Young.
Wales, Ireland and Northern Ireland are all in there, along with the UK if you’d prefer. They are just not selectable on the main list. You are also the first person to notice/mention the jarring start to the game. There is an explanation, but you will find it in the prequel.
In year 8, you have the option to send a nuclear missile to destroy/divert the asteroid. Feel free to try it.
We chose dollars as the currency for the game as, although English myself, setting the game up for 20+ different currencies was too time consuming. Dollars are the most recognised currency worldwide and the majority audience for the game will be the US. The same reason is why it says military instead of CIA. The word president shouldn’t show if you are English, though, so I’ll check that :slight_smile:

Thanks for all feedback - I’ll change a few things for sure. At present, the year where the public discover the asteroid is random. (Year 2-7 if you don’t tell them). If you get to Year 7, there’s a full explanation of how the asteroid was found. In other years, you are right, it seems out of the blue. I will definitely change that.

5 Likes

I think they might feel bad about the Earth dying, but they didn’t directly cause the asteroid. Lots of bad things happen every day. I’m not forcing people on the ship, if someone wants to die, they can just stay on Earth. I understand depression and not wanting to live, but I don’t understand shooting up an elementary school or theater or going randomly homicidal because you’re sad; I think the people who do those things probably had preexisting mental issues.

Also, I’m a American. I don’t know if the cultural values of each country are taken into account, but we Americans are individualist and not collectivist. That means family is not super important (in a relative kind of way. We ship our old folks off to retirement homes when they get too bothersome and such stuff like that). We also kinda believe if you work hard you can get good stuff and if you don’t work hard (or sue people) you deserve to live bad. I’m kidding… a little bit. There are also hard core survivalist already here and they’d be fine, probably. Look at our president. :stuck_out_tongue:

Outgoing people probably will lose more close personal relationships. Our 18 year old probably had high school friends, but you usually rarely see your friends from high school once you finished. Sure, the parents will be missed, but you’re suppose to leave your parents anyway.They can start a new family and life on the ship and the new generations won’t even know or remember Earth. Being more reserved and having a source of joy outside of people could be an advantage.

1 Like

Well I can’t remember what he said exactly, and it was well into the yp so… :stuck_out_tongue: but I think it felt like he felt they’d be more burdensome or something like that you know?
Plus @andymwhy thanks for the responses, yeah that makes sense :slight_smile: guess I’ll have to check out the prequel too then, if there is a public yp up for that too?

Or they’ll be super polite chaps who call us “mate.” :grinning:

3 Likes

Was that a shot at Aussies like me, mate? :joy:

2 Likes

There is no link at present for the prequel - it will come out long after this book, I’m afraid.

1 Like

Obviously it was only a polite refined jab before tea
The shots happen after happy hour at the pub…:innocent:

1 Like

The error was from trying to check the progress of the modules after the first year.

Also not sure what is going on here. I am building cryogenic modules the turn actually.

I’ll take a look at this one tonight. I think that maybe you have the veto modules in the production line but not yet fully built. As such, it’s registering as not done yet. I’ll correct that.

I also noticed the end scene doesn’t seem to take the space elevator into account anymore for loading the ship.

Loading the cryo ship is being caculated for like 1000 weeks!

1 Like

Haha, yes I noticed this the other day. It’s on my ever-decreasing shortlist of things to do.

UPDATE

You now have the horrible task after finishing the spaceship of choosing 10 out of 100 people who will survive. This was a pain to write (and sadly the actual interview of each of the 100 has been sacrificed to spare my mind) but it’s finally completed. It passes quicktest (after so many bugs!) but I haven’t had a chance to test it myself yet - if you find any errors, please let me know. Especially with the note system. I’m sure you can find a way to break it! (If not, yay!)

https://dashingdon.com/go/1645

7 Likes

Noticed a Coding error @andymwhy

1 Like

@andymwhy
Possible bug.

I have 190 billion dollars, the Computer Module costs 120 billion, why can’t I make it?

Also, completing a Cargo module doesn’t add to the count of them.

2 Likes

@Drakeye thanks, I will change that today.

@Bugreporter the cargo modules are correct but it is not easy to see why… I will amend them the text today to give more information. Just to explain quickly, after paying for a module, your engineers have to actually build it. The module goes into a queue. Depending on how many engineers you have, 1-4 modules can be completed in a year. The module won’t show on that list until fully built.

I’m not sure with the computer module - I’ll have to look into it. It does look like a bug though!

2 Likes

UPDATE

The demo has been updated.

-Major improvements to nation select page, especially if you do not choose a nation from the main list.
-Adaptation to nations, allowing me to set nation specific bonuses easily (at present, all nations start equal, but I plan to add difficulty levels for certain nations).
-Notes now work when choosing the 10 people to survive (this happens after you finish your spaceship)
-Price hikes. The game still seems too easy for me, and I would like to make it tougher, but I’d like to hear feedback on it’s current state first.
-Achievements - now 25 achievements, all working
-Spelling errors and bug fixes (lots of these! Please tell me if you find more)
-More news articles completed (still more to do)

TO DO
100 interviews completion - at present, bugs if you choose people from 41-100 on your list of survivors. This will be corrected for the next update.
Robotics update
Damien relationship update
More News section
Better Shuttle runs and Space Elevator implementation
Nation specific bonuses
Improve rioting check (possible bug)
More tidying up and filling in xxxx sections.

Here’s the link.

https://dashingdon.com/go/1645

7 Likes

@andymwhy

https://youtu.be/bU1QPtOZQZU

1 Like