The Kepler Colony: Evacuation (OUT NOW!)

Earth: “Ya’ missed jerk ha! Alright, whose ready for some space colonising like it’s old push to the west?!”

edit: also when I am to choose a fellow representative between Beatrice and Binny the game always picks the Binny option even though I had settled for beatrice.

edit edit: Also also! Even though daimen left the team he is still noted in the briefings during the begining of each year.

There are 3 ROs in this game. Damien, Binny and your Robot.

I’m going to redo the adviser part where Damien still speaks after leaving - it’s on my to do list. (Thanks for spotting it!)

The Binny/Beatrice thing - yeah, that’s annoying. I have already looked at the code on that once and couldn’t find the error. I will look properly when I have more time. (Again, thanks for spotting it!)

2 Likes

Will there be a beatrice ro line later on (since I remember in the original there being a scene where the MC and beatrice share a moment between one other right before the meteor hits earth. during that playthrough I really felt a bond develop between most of my team members and my MC which made the moment all the more better) it would be an interessting more deeper, relationship line to explore in my opinion.

1 Like

Wait, if we’re using better engines than the Virgin Galactic vessel, won’t we reach the planet before they do? It would be a complete mindscrew if you are put to sleep and told you will be the first to a new planet, then reach it only to find out it was colonized 100-200 years before.

1 Like

I will consider it. Beatrice is definitely an interesting character and fun to write. I’m glad you can connect with the characters.

@Sylfaen The Virgin Galactic vessel has a 30-40 year (I forget off the top of my head) headstart but will be travelling slower. As such, it’s expected arrival time can be approximated. However the system they use is vastly inferior, including old cryogenic technology. The convicts would be lucky to make it to K62e in one piece. Having said that, I encourage fantastical speculation on the fate of the convict vessel and the people therein!

2 Likes

Today I’ve been writing Year 11 and corrected the Beatrice/Binny bug. Productive! These changes and more will be in the next update (Most likely on Sunday).

3 Likes

The first Exo-moon has been discovered

That gives us scope to change Kepler62e. Should there be a moon? How many? How big?

3 Likes

UPDATE:

The demo has been updated.

New changes:
-Year 11 event.
-Science development tree implemented - some technologies are now reliant on other before the can be developed.
-Extra scientists bug - no more extra 10 scientists added in error.

Next up: Damien relationship and 100 interviews.

Link: https://dashingdon.com/go/1645

4 Likes

There seems to be a glitch with the tech tree. The improved drive remained grayed out the whole game, even after completing all research. This also kept the space elevator grayed. Apparently it’s also a prerequisite for building propulsion and fuel modules since I was never able to build them. It might also make more sense to put the tree on the the screen where I decided what to research instead of the screen where I invest funds. It would help with planning ahead. Or perhaps place it in the stat screen somewhere.

The year 11 event seems to loop forever until I drink the coffee. I went 4 loops before I drank and the scene ended.

On the up side the scientist glitch seems fixed.

1 Like

well you know how it is fix one thing, break three…Core laws of patching.

That’s not good! It’s 3am here. I’ll take a look tomorrow (today) and fix that.

Edit: I’ve taken a look and I think I’ve found the problem. Unfortunately I’m only on my phone at the moment so can’t upload an update to dashingdon. Regarding the second part of your message, I will address the scientist page before the next update, including adding the tech tree there as well.

1 Like

Why the hell have I been unable to hire any new scientists, for like, 4 years in a row?

How many scientists do you have? 20 is max at the start. Then after the expansion it rises to 40.

Edit: oooh! Idea! Expand your premises to get more money/scientists/engineers!..

1 Like

@andymwhy I do apologize for sounding rude. I forgot you made the edits for a bit, and thought it was another nasty bug. Guess that shows how much I enjoy the game! :joy:

Thank you for the reminder. I’m currently doing a typo run as we speak.

1 Like

I took it as a bug find, rather than rude :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve fixed the bug regarding not building the improved propulsion. I just had to change a 0 to a 1.

Unfortunately, I’m still on my phone so can’t upload it yet. I will do when I can get to my computer.

2 Likes

Just a thought I believe should be implemented, here:

When the gunmen attack the office, why are there no combative options? I’m not talking a straight up action hero moment for the player, but, perhaps, if we’ve gotten the exosuit surgery, I think it would make sense to allow us to use our enhanced strength, such as, maybe, disarming the gunmen in Thomas’ office, and, again, using our enhanced strength, simply hold him hostage, coming out the room and shooting at the other men, using him as a human shield if necessary. Holding a rifle one handed could certainly be done with the Cybernetics my MC has received. Now, I know no matter what, your character isn’t a commando. But I’m not proposing you simply let us headshot all the gunmen in rapid succession, then pop the hostage one. Perhaps we just fire at them in an attempt to scare them off? Another possibility, albeit a more brutal one, would be to kill the lone gunman in a violent manner, then throw his corpse down at the others, in another effort to scare them away?

I’m just thinking aloud at this point. All I know is, if I went through that awful operation and received the superhuman strength from it, I would most certainly put it to use in this scenario.

1 Like

It’s on my todo list :slight_smile: I’m about halfway through the same scene but with your robot helping. After the Damien romance scenes I will get back onto this part, including options to use your cybernetic advancements.

1 Like

@andymwhy Here ya go, mate:

Actually not sure if this is a typo, or alternate spelling. Forgive me for my stupidity.

Shouldn’t it be, “nods in agreement?”

…Look at my money. Pretty sure this is a bug. Should be able to spend it!

I could’ve sworn I had a few built. Why is the option to build more locked?

Should be “Satan.” Put some respeck on the man’s name! Yes, I said respeck.

Should be “screen.”

…And, there ya have it. Unfortunately, when Binnie asked me for a spot on the ship, I accidntally chose to simply spurt the President’s bullshit instead of “Proposition.” Which actually makes me wonder, why can’t we just give her a seat? I don’t know if this triggers her romance scenes, or, if they’re even it, for that matter.

1 Like

That’s a great list! I’ll get onto these for the next update.

For Binny’s romance, ask about her family.

1 Like