Closed thread - (Reviews / Previews)

@Adam. Apologies for this post, which was against COG’s policy for offering to pay for a review.

As a matter of policy, Choice of Games LLC and Hosted Games LLC do not permit the purchasing of reviews for any of our games. We do not purchase reviews ourselves, and our contracts with our authors prohibit the authors from purchasing reviews for their games. We believe that purchased reviews are deceptive and wrong, and that’s contrary to our ethical stances as businesses. We do, of course, distribute comped copies of our games to reviewers.

Please do not solicit paid reviews on our forums.

Sorry, I haven’t seen a contract yet - perhaps this might be a useful place to place a link for future reference, should there be other potential pitfalls (or for stupid people like myself who might make the same mistake)

Perhaps upon the https://www.choiceofgames.com/looking-for-writers/ page under Hosted Games contract and/or Choice of Games contract too.

Or an extra couple of words in this part of the forum guidelines:

• your content is not getting advertised via unwanted electronic messages such as spam links on newsgroups, email lists, blogs and web sites, and similar unsolicited promotional methods;

Similar unsolicited promotional methods probably covers reviews, but I’ve read those guidelines about 4 times now and slower people like myself need all the guidance they can get to keep from making this kind of mistake.

Or perhaps just in the ‘About the professional services category’ sticky post

Again my apologies and thanks. A nice clear statement like the one you’ve just given is of great help.