Citadel WiP (Updated: 1/21/2023) - A Medical Drama with Romance

Thanks so much for all the code errors!!! It should be fixed now :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Ah thank you! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

If you decide to talk to Ms. Lin in Chapter 5, you’ll actually meet Dr. Sloan. Vic’s first appearance is in Chapter 6 in the OR. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Just wanted to say that I am really enjoying this WIP so far! It’s very reminiscent of Open Heart from the Choices app, which I love… Even if I did end up passing out in the OR, as you do. This is why I should not be a doctor :joy:

1 Like

I wonder if there’s a way to impress Victor without being so exhausted in the end.

1 Like

I managed once to do a good job in the OR without passing out. I think it’s related to what you eat for lunch.

1 Like

Your MC will always be tired at the end of surgery since they were just standing for the past 7 hours! However, whether or not your MC passes out is dependent on:

The easiest way to NOT pass out at the end of the surgery is to choose to eat lunch. This is a guaranteed way to not pass out.

You can also NOT pass out if you choose to skip lunch and just eat a snack instead. However, that involves 1) having a good enough relationship with Davy for them to give you a protein bar 2) choosing the “correct” snacks at the vending machine and 3) choosing to hear Eli out on what they have to say about self-care instead of leaving. Only if you accomplish all three of these things will you NOT pass out in the OR after skipping lunch.

Hope that helps!

@lynossa

11 Likes

But then if you get the 3 snacks you’re late. Life is so unfair where is my perfect ending :joy:

3 Likes

Personally, I love the decision. I won’t spoil what happens, but choosing not to visit Ms. Lin pre-surgery led to probably my favorite scene thus far. The consequences for that are noteworthy. I recommend giving it a shot on one of the playthroughs.

3 Likes

I’ve finally had a bit of time to read Citadel, I’m only on chapter five but I’m so excited for this wip already! I’m really intrigued to see how our choices will affect how our story progresses, and this is such a unique idea for an interactive fiction story.

From reading it we can tell that there’s obviously a lot of medical knowledge, but it’s understandable for the reader which is great. I’m so happy we’re mutuals on tumblr so I can see how this story progresses.

I’m currently torn between Eli and Davy!

Keep up the great work :hugs:

8 Likes

Holy Hell I was not expecting that. I usually don’t play WIPs other than sequels for games I know I like, but I decided to check this one out since I’d like to become a doctor and I have a soft spot for romance in these games.

This is WiP is amazing. Like, the characters are so well written, I actually connected with them. The story is amazing, I was so upset when the demo ended, I cannot wait til the next update. And the romance (I did my first one with Eli) was amazing. Like oh my god, this has already become one of my favorite CoG novels and I’ve only done one playthrough.

I’ve fallen in love with this game and I can’t wait to see it released.

Edit: dammit I just played the Vic DLC and now I’m in love with Victoria as well.

6 Likes

Aww, thank you all! I just finished editing Case 1 (Chapters 1-7), so I can finally start writing some fresh content! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

17 Likes

Update coming this Friday (September 24th) at 8 p.m.!

Check out my Tumblr for sneak peeks :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

33 Likes

Looking forward to it!?

2 Likes

IT’S HERE!

Case Two: Chapter One!

Just click the demo link in the intro post or right here!

30 Likes

There’s an error in chapter 6

1 Like

I really enjoyed the new material. I think Riley’s introduction is too abrupt though. I don’t know if I reread too quickly but I don’t have any idea who they are and it seems like they came out of left field.

Occasionally the jargon can be a little difficult. In the first case (before I memorized from replaying) I had a hard time with Mrs. Lin’s presentation. In the background reading it just says bile duct cancer that spread to liver but in the presentation you break out the official words. It was frustrating the first time to get it wrong when I did know the diagnosis just not the right word. Maybe there’s a way to work that in earlier?

In the new update, I was confused by “mets” until later context cleared up that it meant metastases.

But I really love this story and your characters! I am horribly undecided about which RO to pursue and I always look forward to your updates.

5 Likes

You look at your watch. Your mouth feels impossibly dry. You clear your throat once, twice. “Time of death. 9:22 a.m.”

don’t tell me… He’s wearing a watch while in OR! Must be referring to clock ryt.

Everything I expected, well nearly everything, from a medical drama. I’m a big fan of medical kdramas. One can see you got the know how of bts of generic medical in-house. Exceptionally well written. Premise really stood out. Characters are equally expressed. ROs, especially, love the chemistry b/w mc nd the roommate intern. Really excited for new updates.

4 Likes

Ahh, thank you!! This really made my day :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

This is really, really great. Your characters and dialogue are so well-written - sharp, and real, and funny, and sweet - I feel like it could only have been written by someone who’s knows about the profession. At certain points, when you’re writing about the surgery, I could feel the tension and it’s only when the whole thing’s over that I can breathe again :stuck_out_tongue:

Right from the start, with the first failure - I already felt like it was going to be a story that made you care, both about what happens and also about the whole cast of characters.

And yes - about the characters: I honestly, genuinely loved them all. Ok, I don’t know - I’m not feeling Dr. Grey that much, but Eli is a sweetheart, and Davy is cool as hell (knew I’d love them right from the start, from the art on your tumblr, and damn, the motorbike ride), and Jean is so adorable (kept making me late for the surgery tho jesus, I played it a couple times and I thought I could ask like, just one question but apparently not)! And I’m actually so excited to get to know Viccc better?? Guess I’m just in it for the surly characters.

All in all, I’m really glad people recommended this WIP to me - it’s so so good. Can’t wait for the next update!

4 Likes