Citadel WiP (Updated: 1/21/2023) - A Medical Drama with Romance

The world of this game is fascinating - it seems very progressive, the game is giving us the ability to wear a skirt as a man without any judgement and everyone having their pronouns somewhere visible - and yet it seems like in I presume, America the healthcare is still insurance-based, and you might die if you don’t have it. Is that deliberate?

3 Likes

The next chapter (Chapter 6), will be an operation chapter, but Chapter 7 (where you can spend more time with the different ROs) will focus more heavily on the romance aspect of the game. We’re almost there! :sweat_smile:

12 Likes

Yes, it was a deliberate choice on my part (and it’ll be an important plot point in the WiP)! :no_mouth:

2 Likes

, :ok_hand:t2:

1 Like

Progress Note (3/14/2021):

Happy Pi Day!

1. Doing some editing on Chapters 1-5 (mostly in terms of stats and mechanics), but can’t wait to get started on Chapter 6! Thanks to my partner (who had the idea), Jean will be making a special appearance in the next chapter.

2. What other languages do the ROs speak? Why does Dr. Sloan hate fishing? Is Davy descended from nobility? Find the answers to these questions (and tons more bonus content) on the Discord!

3. Finally, huge thank you to all of y’all for playing my demo!

Cheers!

18 Likes

Soft Update 3/19/2021
Happy Fri-yay!

Mainly an update to Chapter 5, incorporating feedback regarding stats + minor content additions/changes.

Demo link here!

As always, feel free to leave feedback/questions! Also, shameless plug for the Citadel Tumblr and the Citadel Discord. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

20 Likes

Progress Note (3/22/2021):

It’s officially spring!

1. No idea when Chapter 6 will be released, but my best guess is 3-4 weeks from now!

2. Shameless plug for the Tumblr and Discord, where you can enjoy speculations, rumors, and outright non-canon scenarios.

3. My weekly thank you to all of you who have played my WiP, visited my Tumblr, joined the Discord, and everything else! I honestly did not expect so many people to like this game, so every day I’m kinda in shock and awe lol :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

23 Likes

I’m not great at giving writing advice or any type of correction to the story but I just wanna say that I loved this game so far. Keep it up author!

1 Like

Aww, thank you!!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Sunday Progress Note 3/28/2021:

Happy Sun-yay!

1. The writing of Chapter 6 is…progressing. This is a really stat heavy chapter, so I am slowly making my way through it. No ETA on a release date (sorry!).

2. Something special will be dropping April 1st…It is something you have neither asked for nor needed lmao

3. Shameless plug for my Tumblr and Discord! If you’re into fluff, angst, and everything in between, check them out. It’s a wild time.

Cheers!

24 Likes

Hey everyone!

I did it! I made a ko-fi account! If you’ve loved Citadel so far and would like to buy me a bubble tea + other wellness items during medical school, feel free to donate. Again, absolutely no pressure. I’ll still be doing what I do whether I get donations or not! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Link here!

9 Likes

Say hello to Citadel ’s newest RO: Victor/Victoria (Vic) Uytterhoeven, one of your chief surgery residents!

Stricter than Dr. Sloan. More jacked than Davy. With all the personal angst of Dr. Grey. What’s not to love?

Go on a (non-canonical) date with Vic in the newest update. There’s gnocchi. There’s Patagonia. There’s mild spice .

Demo Link Here!

23 Likes

@bouncyball Dr. Grey who? Loved Victor.

2 Likes

(Belated) Sunday Progress Note (4/25/2021)

Happy Sun-yay everyone!

1. Chapter 6 is nearing completion! Drop will probably be in 1-2 weeks.

2. More short snippets on Tumblr (https://bouncyballcitadel.tumblr.com/) headed your way. Thank you to everyone who’s sent in a commission on Ko-fi!

3. Another shameless plug for the Discord! You can find short snippets from me, as well as amazing content in both art/writing from others.

4. We also have a very informal AO3 page! Check it out here!

5. Commissions are all bought up for this round, but if you’d like to donate to support my writing, feel free to visit my Ko-Fi link!

22 Likes

Surprise Drop!

Chapter Six (“Steady”) is here!

Enjoy–and, as always, feel free to leave comments/feedback/etc. either here or on my Tumblr page (https://bouncyballcitadel.tumblr.com/).

Demo Link Here: https://dashingdon.com/go/7731

32 Likes

This is so fabulously written!! I cannot wait to read more if your work :heart:

2 Likes

Awesome . Waiting for the next chapter.

1 Like

me, not knowing a single thing about medical term but still get praised by Dr. Grey:

Summary

images

7 Likes

I didn’t note any typos, I just wanted to say that I love the fact that you test the reader’s ability to recall information about the patient. In a real life situation this is how it’s supposed to be, and I appreciate how close to the real thing you’ve written this. It shows your knowledge within the medical field, which I find fascinating.

I’m scared and excited to see what my intern encounters next!

Thank you for the wonderful read ~

4 Likes

I got this area after clicking the link but it seems to be working again.

1 Like