Citadel WiP (Updated: 1/21/2023) - A Medical Drama with Romance

first of all

nice
second of all , when you pick the only coffee option for breakfast at the start of chapter 2 , it feels awkward when Eli comes in asking for breakfast as if there is food, doesn’t flow.

3 Likes

Thanks for the catch!

Also, that totally makes sense. Will implement that in the next update! As always, thank you for your stat suggestions :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Ahhh, thank you! Yes, Dr. Grey seems to be rising as a fan favorite RO haha! And, well, everyone has their secrets…:shushing_face:

And, yes, I did create the new character portraits with Artbreeder (creds to @ofna, who used Artbreeder for her RO portraits!) as I have little portrait drawing talent…The “chaos” function is the most hilarious/creepy thing I’ve played around with on Artbreeder lol. :laughing:

3 Likes

Re: The gender choice/clothing preference.

Personally, I’d avoid “but you feel more comfortable in feminine/masculine clothes” in the nonbinary section. Maybe change it to “and it’s what you prefer to wear”? Better leave gender out of it because in my experience it doesn’t matter all that much to most NB individuals.

I also have mixed feelings about “You’ve always liked a good skirt, ever since you were a little girl”. The guy section acknowledges that shirts and slacks are the most basic outfit without connecting it to the character’s childhood preference, why do it for female characters? Just feels like an unnecessary detail about the MC that the player cannot change and therefore not easily headcanon differently.

Re: Eli. Not sure I appreciate that the game immediately assumes my character’s romantic/sexual interest in Eli.

What about players who do not choose Eli’s gender based on the sexual preference of their character? You could just be a straight girl/guy living with your girl/guy friend or a gay girl/guy living with your roommate of the opposite sex. (If that’s not an option in your game, be sure to communicate that the MC has/had feelings right before the Eli gender choice.)

Otherwise, so far, I love it. Great idea and writing style. Plus, the RO pictures are a really nice touch (especially for the gender-flippable characters). Unfortunately, I don’t have more time to play right now, but I can’t wait to meet the other ROs. :wink:

3 Likes

We. :clap: Stan. :clap: Wellness. :clap:

Also, thanks for the feedback–will definitely fix that up for the next update!

1 Like

Love this feedback–keep it coming! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Hmm, I can see millions possible outcomes for this, mostly good, others ? … still great :+1:

1 Like

Aww, thank you! Hopefully I won’t have to code a million possible outcomes haha! :laughing:

I think this is some sort of coding error, amazing game! Really liked the options, and the drama with the incident with the security guard.

1 Like

Add a lupus case cause it’s never lupus

5 Likes

It’s always lupus. Unless it isn’t.

5 Likes

Ahh, thank you! Glad you liked the scene with the security guard–thankfully, it wasn’t too hard to code! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Found a coding mistake. These choices popped up when I asked Eli about Jean:

1 Like

2/9/2021 Progress Note

1. Thank you, thank you again for 100+ followers on my Tumblr! You make the atria/vetricles of my heart that much warmer.

2. Revamping Chapters 1-3 based on feedback before I start working on Chapter 4 (hello, Dr. Grey and Dr. Sloan!).

3. Order for the character-themed song posts this coming week on my Tumblr:

Monday: Dr. Ivy Sloan

Tuesday: Jean Liu

Wednesday: Dr. Peter Grey

Thursday: Davy Jackson

Friday: Eli Sanford

Cheers, everyone! The week’s almost half over! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

16 Likes

Happy Fri-yay! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Soft update for y’all! No new content, but revamped Chapters 1-3 (mostly stats-related, but some content) based on the feedback so far. Also made wooing Eli just a tad bit harder. :wink:

Let me know what you think, and feel free to check out my Tumblr!

Demo link (thank you @Goddess for telling me I don’t need to re-create a Dashingdon URL for each update!): https://dashingdon.com/go/7731

Tumblr: https://bouncyballcitadel.tumblr.com/

20 Likes

I would recommend taking Chapter 1 out of Startup, just to make the scenes list prettier, and the code tidier.

1 Like

Wow, wow, wow! The demo link has been clicked 1000 times!

Love y’all! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

8 Likes

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo how could you.

3 Likes

Oops, forgot to post my Sunday (2/14/2021) update here, so I guess I’ll just do a quick update now lol :sweat_smile:

1. Chapter 4 is almost complete! Just have to fiddle with some stats, so expect it to drop by end of next week! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2. The Tumblr is popping and hopping! Go check it out at: https://bouncyballcitadel.tumblr.com/

3. This week’s character-themed posts are centered around what the ROs like to do on their Saturdays! We stan leisure time.

Monday: Davy Jackson

Wednesday: Dr. Peter Grey

Thursday: Elliot/Ellen Sanford

Friday: Dr. Ivy Sloan

Saturday: Jean Liu

Cheers, y’all! It’s almost…you guessed it, Fri-yay! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

23 Likes

I love korean medical dramas especially Dr. Romantic 1&2 and i can’t wait to play this one. :heart:

4 Likes