Citadel WiP (Updated: 1/21/2023) - A Medical Drama with Romance

Bastion is a medieval medical drama set in the distant future where humanity had to rebuild from scratch and thus it is, again, medieval times…just kidding haha! :wink:

3 Likes

I loved Eli and am excited to get to know more about Davy! The only suggestion I would have is to maybe add in more explanation about the differences between a resident/intern/attending doctor-I found that to be a little unclear initially.

1 Like

I actually believed you :joy: haven’t opened the wip yet so I wasn’t sure lol

1 Like

I’ve actually read a book like that, it’s called the prince of fools / prince of thorns. I think it took place in the future but was all medieval since all traces of technology and stuff like that was long gone so back to the dark ages lol xD haven’t read it in awhile so I might have said something incorrect.

Sorry for not merging the posts, idk how

2 Likes

I’m glad you love Eli and are intrigued by Davy! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: All my boyfriend wants to do is romance the surgery attending, so he doesn’t pay any attention to the interns when he playtests haha! :sweat_smile:

Can’t wait to get to know Eli and Davy some more but Dr. Ivy has my interest piqued

1 Like

Hopefully you won’t have to wait too long…She should be making an appearance in Chapter 3! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Just to make sure, even though Ch 2 and 3 introduce ROs, there are sim-based decisions as well, right? For example, in Ch 2, the MC wakes up early and has to decide whether to go back to bed or study. I’m pretty sure that decision will affect career in positive and negative ways no matter what (please let me be right). There’s also the whole elevator or stairs placeholder.

In Ch 3, even if I’m not with patients, there will still be chances to affect my career and/or further define priorities?

1 Like

Absolutely!

Besides introducing the ROs in Chapter 2 and Chapter 3, there are definitely choices that determine your “wellness” meter as well as your “reputation” meter, which will determine whether things are easier or harder for you as an intern. For example, Chapter 3–while it’ll introduce the main attending ROs–will also be the chance to make a good impression on them career-wise. How you treat your fellow interns, whether you romance them or not, will also determine how you fare on the wards.

Good catch! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

9 Likes

Wow! I’m interested to see how the NINO technology plays out. Does everyone get NINO? Is it rationed equitably? And more importantly, does Davy get any sassier?

1 Like

Oh no! You can DM me the details if you’re not comfortable sharing in the forum!

Ah, NINO. Unfortunately, since this WiP takes place in America, you can use your imagination…

And, yes, Davy does get sassier if you’re mean to them. Sassy enough to steal your cases? Maybe. :rofl:

Hey everyone!

I’m back…with a now completed Chapter 2! Still working on the stats page, but give it a playthrough and let me know what you think!

Link here: https://dashingdon.com/go/7616

17 Likes

At the 5th floor landing: “It’s not like her in your program.” Guessing it read the wrong pronoun, should be “she’s.”

Grammar aside, she kind of wants to be left alone, but none of the options consider that as part of the decision. I would have preferred to say something nice in passing while leaving her alone, but the only option to do so is a rude one.

1 Like

Stats page is still busted lol. I would really fix that before moving forward with the writing.

1 Like

Haha, noted. I just find coding stats particularly unpleasant, but I guess since I’m back to remote clinical work I don’t have an excuse anymore… :sweat_smile: I’ll fix it up before the next update!

1 Like

Thanks for the catch!

There’s actually a “nice” option but it’s hidden behind a stats check (which…because there’s no stats…you can’t see…lol). I’ll definitely put a more obvious nice option in the next update!

I’m very interested in this!!

Not long ago, I was contemplating med school or law school (I ended up in law school because me and science have never been friends). Sometimes, I still think about going to med school eventually (because obviously I hate myself/never intend to pay back my student loans???) and now I get to live out my occasional “what-ifs” through this!

Also, that flashback to the first patient hit me in my feels :frowning:

Anywhoooo, definitely going to “watching” this one!

1 Like

My bf is an attorney and law school can be so dirty and cut throat. They use an outdated system of rankings for back when law firms would scout new attorneys. That doesn’t really happen any more, but students still do whatever they can to get ahead. It’s nasty. Luckily he never planned to go private, so he stayed out of it.

Would be wild to see in a game.

2 Likes

Lol. My law school didn’t really focus much on rankings, so that. was a plus. Law firms were pretty much happy to interview people with a certain GPA from my school (because of my SCHOOL’S ranking). The students weren’t super competitive either (but also, can’t really rip out pages from a book everyone needs if everything is digital these days anyway lol). I have many, many complaints about law school, and the legal profession as a whole, but surprisingly the stuff you mentioned actually wasn’t a big issue for me! I could’ve gone private - I summered at a firm - but I didn’t enjoy it so I decided to stick to my “zealous advocate” vibes in criminal defense.

I’m not even sure if I’d want to see it in a game. I live(d) through it. BUT! There’s plenty of proof that people generally have some kind of interest in the legal system/lawyers, so I’m sure if someone were willing to do it, and do it well, it’d actually garner a lot of interest.

2 Likes