Citadel WiP (Updated: 1/21/2023) - A Medical Drama with Romance

Hi everyone, and Happy Fri-yay!

Please enjoy the revamped Case Two: The VIP featuring:

Addition of a “Patients” section to the stats screen to keep track of who you’ve taken care of so far in Citadel. Each patient entry also contains a brief summary of their medical history (which might also help you answer some of those pesky questions Dr. Grey and Dr. Saxon ask)…think of it as a soft “story” mode. (Hint: Compare what each patient note looks like at the beginning of Case Two vs. the end of Case Two.)

New scene where you can comfort Jean if Mrs. Day yells at them in Case Two: Chapter Four.

Expanded scene where you can banter with Riley in Case Two: Chapter Four.

Bug fixes so that your choices in Case Two will actually lead you to the appropriate paths, including how the interdisciplinary meeting goes and your interaction with Riley. (Hint: There’s three different endings - can you find them all?)

This update brings Citadel to 127,000+ words!

If you spot any typos or coding errors, feel free to send me an inbox message or a DM.

If you’ve enjoyed playing Citadel so far, consider subscribing to my Patreon (where you’ll gain access to bonus content) or donating to my Ko-Fi .

Reblog, send in an inbox ask/message, enjoy!

Cheers!

Demo | Patreon | Ko-Fi

35 Likes

Oh my god! An update! This makes today so much better!

4 Likes
Summary

Picking the last option here:

leads directly to here, but I said nothing for Dr. Grey to agree with:

Also, there’s no “friend” response to Dr. Grey in this meeting, don’t know if that’s intended.

Poor Jean. :frowning:

1 Like

Ah, thank you! Yes, the Dr. Grey code is a little…tenuous it seems (I’ll fix it in the next update). :sweat_smile:

And, yes…healthcare is definitely more of a customer service job than people might think (with all its trials and tribulations). :smiling_face_with_tear:

10 Likes

Hi everyone, and Happy Satur-yay!

It’s been a while since I’ve made a formal progress note, so let’s catch up!

I’m currently in my sixth month of intern year (how did that happen???), and - well, intern year is tough. It’s a lot of ups and downs…crying in single-stall bathrooms, living off of free food, and finding those moments of grace that really do make the job all worth it. I know I haven’t been as active compared to when I was in medical school, but I just want you all to know that Citadel is one of the proudest things I’ve worked on and I’m so thankful for all of your support and kind words. Thank you to all, whether you’ve just joined or whether you’ve been here since the beginning (remember when Citadel went by a different name? Wild).

And…since this is a progress note and not just a general life update - I am working on Case Three: Chapter One. It’s shaping up to be a real heartbreaker…although nothing compared to what else I have planned.

Finally, if you’re feeling the winter spirit this merry season, consider subscribing to my Patreon, where you can unlock sneak peeks, early access to short snippets, and more starting at just Resident tier ($5/month). Also, if you’re not a fan of a subscription, feel free to tip me on my Ko-Fi. Proceeds from both will go to cost-of-living and general intern wellness :two_hearts:

I may not know what day it is anymore, but I do know that I love you all very much.

Cheers!

-Bouncy

36 Likes

12/31/2022

Hi everyone, and Happy Satur-yay!

On the eve of 2022, just an update on some changes to my Patreon that will start on January 1st, 2023.

Those Resident tier ($5/month) and up will now have access to:

Patreon-exclusive short snippets every month (starting with a New Year’s special on January 1st)

Patreon-exclusive sneak peeks of upcoming content (including new chapters)

Patreon-exclusive Citadel Discord channel

Patreon-exclusive access to weekly Citadel polls

Patreon-exclusive access to gameplay and romance guides

Patreon-exclusive weekly detailed progress updates

One week early access to commissioned short snippets

One week early access to commissioned Citadel art

Acknowledgement in the “special thanks to” section of the Citadel IF

If any, some, or all of these sound appealing to you, consider becoming a Citadel patron! Funds will be used for cost-of-living (such as rent, domestic upkeep, etc.) as well as general intern wellness.

Patreon

Cheers! :two_hearts:

-Bouncy

16 Likes

1/12/2023

Hi everyone, and Happy Thurs-yay!

EXCITING NEWS

Case Three: Chapter One (“A Love Story”) is done.

Here’s the release schedule:

Patreon Fellows tier and up: 9 a.m. EST on Saturday, January 14th, 2023

Patreon Chief Resident tier and up: 9 a.m. EST on Wednesday, January 18th, 2023

Public Release: 9 a.m. EST on Saturday, January 21st, 2023

Spread the word!

37 Likes

Case Three: Chapter One (“A Love Story”) is now available to play for Patreon Fellows tier and up!

12 Likes

Case Three: Chapter One (“A Love Story”) is now available to play for Patreon Chief Residents tier and up!

10 Likes

Love it

2 Likes

Can’t wait! Dealing with the aftermath of the last chapter will certainly be interesting.

3 Likes

IT’S HERE

Case Three: Chapter One (“A Love Story”) is available to play here!

This is a story-driven chapter, so sit back and enjoy the ride :wink:

As always, feedback is appreciated. Let me know your thoughts about the chapter - I’d love to hear it!

For coding errors, please let me know which line the error occurs at (ChoiceScript should display it in their error message).

37 Likes

Yay, case threeeeee!!!

Should be “she/her”

Well, I didn’t need THAT before I went to bed. You really went full force on the “how much of a bummer can I make this chapter”, didn’t you?

2 Likes

Does this case become less of a bummer? Guess you’ll have to wait and see…

1 Like

Well, if it turns around it’d be a bummer-ang, and this doesn’t take place in Australia. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

@kckolbe I feel like you’d enjoy this pun :rofl:

2 Likes

Yeah, but having seen Avatar, a bummer Ang brings me no joy.

I feel like you’ll hate that pun.

3 Likes

Well, it was funny.

But then the Fire Nation attacked…

3 Likes

@kckolbe
@JBento

:smiling_face_with_tear:

3 Likes

Out of curiosity, how stressful do you find playing Citadel and why? :eyes:

1 Like