CHOMP 2021 Contest - Results Posted!

Okay, I don’t even know what a mountain zone is. Can someone please explain me how many hours are left to deadline?

Because if with 30k I lost dealine for a time zone mistake… I will be sad.

4 Likes

It’s not in the rules here, but I remember from somewhere, probably a post here or on the old thread, that while the judges can start judging as soon as your entry is received last, but you can submit changes until the deadline.

(I’ll only start after the deadline.)

3 Likes

Assuming it has to be in before the end of the day on the 5th (I looked but never saw specifics in that regard), and you’re saying it is Mountain Time Zone, it would be due in 23 hours from this post, as it is currently 12:58 AM there.

4 Likes

The text says Submissions are due by 11:59 pm Mountain Standard Time April 5th (6:59 am UTC April 6th).

I put this here to help others know too.

4 Likes

“So much time and so little to do”

Never have Mr Wonka’s words taunted me so much. 20 some hours to pull ‘something’ together.
I think I’ve actually just ended up starting to write a full HG by mistake, as the required complexity to make this work just keeps growing - despite me very deliberately cutting out stuff.

Good luck to everyone else in applying that final polish!

7 Likes

Well. I send it.

7 Likes

Brilliant - that’s great to hear! Well done for taking the plunge and submitting it.

I’ve spent most of the day writing an application for my job (blegh, real life), so I’ve not even been able to work on lacing together what story I do have to make it a coherent entry… Hopefully I can spend the next few hours pulling something together.

6 Likes

I am sure you can… Good vibes for you!

2 Likes

computer starts to steam as I mash the keyboard
sparks start flying out the sides
time warps around me as my fingers type faster than scientific thought can quantify

^ Me trying to finish my CHOMP submission :joy: :sob:

9 Likes

It’s 2am, I’ve made it so that what is there will play without (I hope) error, so that’s a wrap for me.

Good luck everyone.

8 Likes

Submitted with 30 minutes to spare!
happy tears
Now I’m going to go sleep haha. Good night and good luck to anyone still writing!

9 Likes

Congratulations! And I can’t wait to see what everyone came up with :grin:

3 Likes

im no judge here But is there a Possibility to read ssome of the Upcoming books here. some are absolute jewels and lets be Honest I apreciate these Books here thats why i want to say Congratualtions

(I Hope I can read some of these :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I imagine that after the contest is over, these stories can be released by the authors as public WIPs if they choose. They could do it as something to build upon for potential publication or just drop it in that new Hobby category so people can see it. In this contest’s spiritual progenitor, CSComp, some of those entries ultimately went on to be released as full games (in fact, I want to say Hero or Villain: Genesis was one of them).

5 Likes

I’m pretty sure all the entries will be published later today for all of us to read/play :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I think the plan was to release the stories when the results are revealed (a month or so from now).

My plan is to actually finish the game and release the updated version at the same time.

2 Likes

If you do not wish to share your game publicly do not enter CHOMP → we will be linking the submission links we got on the results announcement.

Hard to tell how long we’ll have to wait for “the results announcement”, but let’s hope it’s not too long! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Well, I suppose it is a month as the rules say Judges have a month deadline.

I have been judge in several of the older contests and believe me is a very long process and require time.

Judges work is not easy and the month is a good deadline to judge games as ChoiceScript has code and technical stuff to judge too.

4 Likes

Can I ask when the results will be revealed? Just as a heads up?

Read the last few posts above yours.

2 Likes