CSIDE Pre-Release Livestream (Released 15/06/2017)

Hot damn you guys are amazing. Loving the live stream so far! So many improvements over using notepad++ <3

Love the layout and the look. Very sleek. I especially enjoy the play test being included in the program. No more needing to use Firefox lmao

7 Likes

Just noticed two new buttons next to the ā€œstatsā€ button earlier. I donā€™t know if you already mentionned them? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

What @Snowpanther said. What are those buttons for?

Also, how easy is it to import a current project into CSIDE? How is it done?

5 Likes

Popout creates a popout window of the running game so you can try out options on a choice (etc) without progressing the game, or if you perhaps just want the full/separate screen experience :slight_smile:

Stepping allows you to run your CS code slowly, line by line. This can be useful for debugging complex issues in areas with a lot of complex code.

Importing is as easy as clicking the folder icon in the top left (Open scenes), and selecting your desired .txt files. Done!

5 Likes

Awesome :slight_smile:

Now I know she eventually deleted the *fake_ for the choice, but I am curious what that code is even used for? Iā€™ve never really understood it.

Also I believe she needs to add a line of code here so this will loop back to the beginning of the choice, unless she added a *gosub that I did not see.

Edit: AAAA my post was mentioned :wink:

4 Likes

Shh, donā€™t tell her.

3 Likes

Line 80 needs to have ā€˜theirā€™ changed to them, or add a new variable so that line 93 works grammatically.
Also line 99 doesnā€™t work well with line 79ā€™s *set pn variable. :wink:

1 Like

So when do you plan on releasing CSIDE?

1 Like

Thanks everyone who came to see the livestream! The video is archived on YouTube, too, for those whoā€™d like to see it but couldnā€™t make the stream.

(And thanks for the coding help, forum-goersā€“I couldnā€™t see this, nor the live chat, whilst screen-presenting during the livestream, but I could feel the tender loving care. :innocent: )

7 Likes

In the next few weeks, once we have a date weā€™ll be sure to announce it here and on twitter :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@Fiogan had no idea there was a live chat D: lmao
Unless you are referring to the chat plugin for Hangouts, in which case that would make sense because I wasnā€™t in the call lol

@CJW Any chance of a limited ā€˜pre-orderā€™ of sorts? lmao
Iā€™m being impatient and wanna use this asap hahaha

2 Likes

Ah no, I knew about the chat, but I was presenting in CSIDE so that is what was on my screen, and that alone. (:

Iā€™m so glad you liked the demo! Iā€™m excited for when @CJW has it ready for public release too. I know itā€™s been a huge help to meā€“as you all got to see.

3 Likes

Well if the team wants/needs anyone else to test it out and think up other ideas to add to the program I would be more than happy to pitch in. Anything to get this beautiful piece of work installed on my laptop as quickly as possible. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Actually I just thought of something now.
Here is the basic code for items that I am using in The Hero of Eastcliff.

*selectable_if (gold >=[cost]) #[Item Name] - Damage (#) Cost: #
  *set weap_value [damage]
  *set gold -[cost]
  *set mainhand "[Item Name]"
  *set dmg_type [1-9]
  *set magic_main [0-1]
  *set ench_type [1-2]
  *set damage (((damage_base + weap_value) + off_weap_value) + damage_bonus)
  *set offhand_na [0-1]
  *goto [appropriate scene]

Is it possible to create a way to essentially save codes like this into a folder the program can reference, with an option to import the template? This way we donā€™t need to have extra scene files open when coding and writing, and can simply use this system to import templates into other games we write.

@J3loodT4lon
Sorry, no pre-order bonuses! It will be free for everyone to use, as soon as soon we feel itā€™s ready.
We did have a ā€˜snippetsā€™ tab at one point during development, but decided that it didnā€™t really add much over just having an extra ā€œSnippetsā€ project open, out of which you could copy and paste any of your desired code. With the ability to collapse projects this doesnā€™t cause too much clutter.

Though we will of course aim to tweak and improve on the application post-release :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I was thinking of something like an ā€˜import templateā€™ button. Click the button, and a popup would, well, popup prompting you to select the template you wish to import. Select it, click import, and the program will paste that template where your cursor is/over what you have highlighted. Essentially works as a copy-paste, except it removes the need to have another scene file open, and removes the need to constantly swap between scenes to copy-paste the desired template.

Does CSIDE have a Move Up/Down Current Line function like Notepad++?

Yes, it does! The commands for those (on both Windows and Mac, as it happens) will be:

Move selected text up a line: SHIFT + CTRL + UP

Move selected text down a line: SHIFT + CTRL + DOWN

5 Likes

Is it going to be open-source when it goes live? Iā€™d love to look at how you accomplished your debugging tools.

3 Likes

I aim to make the code available to the public eventually, but Iā€™m still undecided on licensing options, so it might not be up immediately after release.

5 Likes