ChoiceScript Confusion

Those symbols appear if you use any other letter than what appears in English, you also can’t use accents like in fiancée.

Also, now you’re onto a whole nother set of errors, so this might take a while to explain. Unfortunately, I don’t have any more time for today, so hopefully someone else can help fill you in. A choice body, is when you indent after *choice, like so;

*choice
  #Yes
    Do this
  #No
    Do that instead

And of course you need to indent the text/code underneath the actual choice as well. Good luck, going to bed now.

You arent respecting spaces lol so there is no way it works if you do a line different from the other lines have respect space and be exactly same you did this

BLAAAH BLAH
 BLAHHH
BLAHH

Instead correct is

Blaaah blah
Blah
Blaah

\*title Spritus Zero
\*author Anthony Mello 
\*scene_list
  startup
\*create variable
\*create variable_etc

\*label Prologue 
It started almost a hundred years before your birth when the Spirit Comet arrived and penetrated through the earth’s atmosphere, hitting the surface of the North Atlantic Ocean with an incredibly powerful impact never before unprecedented in the history of human civilization, being equivalent of two simultaneous nuclear explosions.
And when the giant mushroom cloud sprouted afterwards, humanity was soon to realize that it was no longer the sole master of their planet.
Because that’s when they first arrived into man’s otherwise lonely domain, the Spiridites. A race of extraterrestrial life forms of  unknown origin, they came out of the cloud under various shapes and sizes with seemingly no difficulty in adapting to the earth’s environment. Their one universally defining feature was their overall translucent outline, earning them the nickname ‘Spirits’ as they were somewhat see through could apparently change their image at will, as well as being almost intangible to most weaponry.
\*page_break Next
Immediately upon their arrival the Spirits began their crusade against humanity; morphing into gigantic monstrous forms they first invaded both Europe and North America where they rampaged through several cities completely undeterred by the missiles, aircraft strikes and heavy gunfire inflicted against them.
Some Spirits were completely intangible to these weapons while at the same time possessed a telekinetic ability that allowed them to manipulate the movement and structure of all objects within close range to them. This led to devastating consequences as they literally tore apart anything that they came near, including schools, hospitals, buildings and everything else man-made. Even worse when attacked by large weapons such as missiles the Spirits would redirect their course back towards the humans who fired them, causing more chaos and debris to be unleashed.
Other Spirits could alter their tangibility and utilize direct brute force against against its foes. When fired upon the weapons would simply be absorbed into their semi-transparent body mass and shortly afterwards the power from those weapons would be converted into generating their own energy based attacks.
They were all but unstoppable. Humanity had only begun to fight.
\*page_break Next
Even before the arrival of the Spirits humanity had undergone a second renaissance where technological advancements progressed to extraordinary levels. Mars had long been colonized and was fully terraformed into Earth’s identical twin. And Venus had also been tamed, its hostile environment reengineered to be hospitable towards supporting human life. Civilisation was expanding across the solar system and humanity was no longer just bound to its motherland and so that began the great exodus where much of the human population left the Spirit infested Earth behind. Most of them opted to migrate to the well developed Red Planet while a good portion of others ventured to earth’s sister planet Venus instead which was not as industrially developed as Mars at the time.
However not all were selected for the then costly process of interplanetary travel. In fact a sizeable minority was simply left behind in the initial stage of the exodus. This included your own ancestors who were instead relocated to human ‘safe zones’. Every year supplies would be sent from Mars and Venus keeping these areas moderately well armed stocked with just enough food to manage for another year until the next stock was sent. Additionally every year the Ambassador’s Lottery is held inside every safe zone where two individuals winners are selected to leave Earth, one sent to Venus and the other sent to Mars.
\*page_break Next
A century after the great calamity you were born inside one of these safe zones. It was a rural area, spanning about two hundred acres before being fenced off from the rest of the world. You came from a modest home; you had to share the bunk bed in a single room with your older brother and the zone’s generator did frequently have a power shortage every now and then meaning you did go through periods with no heat or electricity but you still had a roof over your head and food in your plate every day, even if it wasn’t always a wholesome amount.
As for your parents you really only know your mother. Your father isn’t dead but you haven’t  seen him since you were five. This is because he’s living somewhere away from the compound, working for the United Defence Coalition of Earth as a chief engineer. And with all the time he’s been away he hasn’t ever written back or sent an email even once. While your mother didn’t seem to mind this and would always relish you in stories of how your father is helping accomplish wonders for the world your brother always resented him for his perceived ‘abandonment’.
One night as the two of you got ready for bed you remembered how he suddenly just brought the topic up:
‘‘That dumbass doesn’t give a damn about any of us. He doesn’t care about you, me or even mom, the way he ran away from here and after all those years he still doesn’t bother to show his face here, not even once.’’
How did you respond to this?
\*choice
  #I completely agreed with him, that bastard practically just left us and I hated him with all my heart
‘‘Yeah you’re right. I hope he never shows himself here again after being gone for so long. We don’t need him around anymore,’’ you replied.
Your brother simply nodded before gently rubbing his hand on your hair and then jumping into his bottom bunk mattress with his arms folded under his head. You saw how his eyes seemed adrift, lost in deep thought. Somehow you could tell this place was getting to him. It was no secret he hated his mundane life here, it was so boring, so systematic and soulless, or at least that’s how he felt about it.
Silently you climbed up the ladder to your top bunk and lay down against the soft white mattress beneath you. On the wall in front of you was a poster of Julius re Vilo, your hero. He’s the Lieutenant-Colonel of the Solar Triunity Peacecorps. Born on Mars he’s the pilot of the Spiritus Zero, an advanced Mechatronic Combat Vehicle designed to be humanity trump card against the Spirits.
\*goto Julius 
    \*choice
      #I tried to get him to change his attitude, after all our father was working in service for the betterment of mankind
‘‘You’re wrong! He wouldn’t have left in the first place if he didn’t love us enough to do it. He’s working day after day in helping to keep us all safe from the Spirits,  its a difficult and very busy job so of course he can’t come home right now.’’
Your brother just glared back at you before sighing and rolling his arms behind his neck and throwing himself back against the mattress of his bottom bunk bed.
‘‘Whatever. This place is Hell anyway.’’
You saw how his eyes seemed adrift, lost in deep thought. And you could tell that this place was getting to him. It was no secret he hated his mundane life here. Your brother thought it was so boring, systematic and soulless. 
And it was burning him up. He obviously wanted a more fulfilling life than this.
Silently you climbed up the ladder to your top bunk and lay down against the soft white mattress beneath you. On the wall in front of you was a poster of Julius re Vilo, your hero. He’s the Lieutenant-Colonel of the Solar Triunity Peacecorps. Born on Mars he’s the pilot of the Spiritus Zero, an advanced Mechatronic Combat Vehicle designed to be humanity trump card against the Spirits.<(pre>

@harian
Write the choices like this:

*choice
  #I completely agreed with him etc.
    "Yeah, you're right etc.    
  #I tried to get him to change etc.
    "You're wrong! He wouldn't etc.

The amount of spaces you put before a line of code is very important in ChoiceScript.
If you do it wrong the program doesn’t understand what you’re trying to do.

Also if you do choices you have to end each option with a *goto label or *goto_scene . Also please read the tutorials in the wiki

Is this correct:

*choice

#I completely agreed with him, that bastard practically just left us and I hated him with all my heart

‘‘Yeah you’re right. I hope he never shows himself here again after being gone for so long. We don’t need him around anymore,’’ you replied.

Your brother simply nodded before gently rubbing his hand on your hair and then jumping into his bottom bunk mattress with his arms folded under his head. You saw how his eyes seemed adrift, lost in deep thought. Somehow you could tell this place was getting to him. It was no secret he hated his mundane life here, it was so boring, so systematic and soulless, or at least that’s how he felt about it.
Silently you climbed up the ladder to your top bunk and lay down against the soft white mattress beneath you. On the wall in front of you was a poster of Julius re Vilo, your hero. He’s the Lieutenant-Colonel of the Solar Triunity Peacecorps. Born on Mars he’s the pilot of the Spiritus Zero, an advanced Mechatronic Combat Vehicle designed to be humanity trump card against the Spirits.

*goto Julius 

#I tried to get him to change his attitude, after all our father was working in service for the betterment of mankind

‘‘You’re wrong! He wouldn’t have left in the first place if he didn’t love us enough to do it. He’s working day after day in helping to keep us all safe from the Spirits,  its a difficult and very busy job so of course he can’t come home right now.’’
Your brother just glared back at you before sighing and rolling his arms behind his neck and throwing himself back against the mattress of his bottom bunk bed.

*label Julius

You saw how his eyes seemed adrift, lost in deep thought. And you could tell that this place was getting to him. It was no secret he hated his mundane life here. Your brother thought it was so boring, systematic and soulless. 
And it was burning him up. He obviously wanted a more fulfilling life than this.

EDIT:

No, I still don’t think I have the spaces aligned correctly… I’ll have to try again and hopefully this time it will work…

The structure of the choice command is right now, but the empty lines are not neccesary and the things after the # need to have a few spaces before them. It should be something like this:

*choice
    *goto Julius
    ‘‘You’re wrong! He wouldn’t have left in the first place if he didn’t love us enough to do it. He’s working day after day in helping to keep us all safe from the Spirits, its a difficult and very busy job so of course he can’t come home right now.’’
    *goto Julius

*label Julius

Oh, and you forgot a *goto after the second choice.
And remove the brackets () around pre and /pre.

Thanks so much you guys, its finally working properly now!

@Harian You’re welcome. And good luck with your game.

I think I’m slowly starting to grasp ChoiceScript, though I was never made for programming.

The first option in the ‘How did you respond’ works well however the second option only partially works, when clicking it the next page linked to it appears but then there is no Next page from there and I get this error message:

‘‘startup line 50: increasing indent not allowed, expected 0 was 3’’

*choice
    ''Yeah you’re right. I hope he never shows himself here again after being gone for so long. We don’t need him around anymore,'' you replied.
    Silently you climbed up the ladder to your top bunk and lay down against the soft white mattress beneath you. On the wall in front of you was a poster of Julius re Vilo, your hero. He’s the Lieutenant-Colonel of the Solar Triunity Peacecorps. Born on Mars he's the pilot of the Spiritus Zero, an advanced Mechatronic Combat Vehicle designed to be humanity trump card against the Spirits.
    *goto Julius
    ''You’re wrong! He wouldn’t have left in the first place if he didn’t love us enough to do it. He’s working day after day in helping to keep us all safe from the Spirits, its a difficult and very busy job so of course he can’t come home right now.’’
    ''Whatever. This place is Hell anyway.''
   *goto Julius
  #I wasn’t in a mood for this kind of discussion and quietly went to bed, hoping he would do the same

*label Julius

Mechatronic Combat Vehicles or MCVS were invented about ninety five years after the arrival of the Spirit Comet. Growing up you heard most kids call them ‘giant robots’ because they were essentially large and mostly metallic humanoid constructs controlled by a human pilot from inside. They’re exact blueprints are a military secret of the STP but they’re one of the very few known weapons that seem to be effective against countering the Spirit threat.
You had met Julius re Vilo once before in person. It was in school back when you were ten years old, the STP has chosen to visit your region that year as a part of their annual educational awareness program where they would basically talk about their daily lives and spin a few tales about their adventures in fighting against the Spirits when deployed with Earth based missions. You remember how Julius was the most idolized among the STP crew that visited.
*page_break Next

What did you like most about Julius?

*choice
  #Tales of his courageous exploits
    WIP

“startup line 50: increasing indent not allowed, expected 0 was 3”

That means that line 50 (are you using notepad++ it counts the lines for you) has an increased indent and it shouldn’t. Just remove three spaces on line 50.

You need to indent the things you added to the second option in such a way that it lines up to the rest of the text. It should look like this:

''You’re wrong! He wouldn’t have left in the first place if he didn’t love us enough to do it. He’s working day after day in helping to keep us all safe from the Spirits, its a difficult and very busy job so of course he can’t come home right now.’’
    ''Whatever. This place is Hell anyway.''
    *goto Julius

Thanks, Notepad ++ really helps sort out a lot of this indent confusion, though I still can’t get the third option to appear in the preview:

#I wasn’t in a mood for this kind of discussion and quietly went to bed, hoping he would do the same

You had a space too little before the *goto Julius of the second option.
I’m not sure if that’s the cause though.