Choice of the Vampire - community input [SEE POST 1305]

I really REALLY wish there was a way to save Silas.

It was kind of amusing, the vampire I was building in my head went from being somewhat neutral to opposed to the Confederacy to absolutely ready to kill any Union he found along the way, even though up until that point he was very religious and hadn’t actually (by choice) killed anyone before that point.

Excellent writing, but I also wanted the opportunity to do more about the anger I felt, even if it were just to demolish my haven out of sorrow. I mean, this is the man who I had done everything I could to spend eternity with and despite saying that my world was destroyed, I didn’t actually really get to do anything externalizing my grieving in any way.

i agree you should be able to take out your anger

@TobyWanKenobi That’s certainly the sort of thing that I could include. If you’ll give me a specific moment where you think the game warrants it, I’ll take a look.

I mean, are you talking about right after Silas dies? I mean, it would be easy to let you sit back and just watch Calkins blow up the depot (because of Silas), but that doesn’t let you vent your grief/anger at the Union.

And when you say “demolish your haven”, like, have a temper tantrum? Or literally burn it to the ground and flee the city? Because, again, the second option could impact the Confederacy seriously, since water was scarce and a fire could be very dangerous.

I’m meaning right around the time Silas dies. At that one moment, despite the fact that Matthias was somewhat fighting to be as good and rational a (person) he could be and had been incredibly religious, he wanted to literally make any Union sympathizer or soldier bleed and suffer until the blind rage and feeling of Old Testament-style eye for an eye vengeance he was feeling was sated (it didn’t help I’d made soldiers his preferred prey), self-preservation be damned.

As for ‘demolish your haven’ I meant have a temper tantrum, essentially. Break things, throw things, cry, basically be the kind of person who Wilson (I think that is the servant’s name) would be wise to not be around until the grief was extirpated and most likely would be quite shocked over especially if said vampire hadn’t previously really been the kind to do these things.

Admittedly, I would definitely say that this would not be the most discreet way of dealing with things (would probably lower the discretion stat), nor would it be the best for you financially (you break a lot of stuff, it gets expensive to replace it), but it allows those who feel a need to externalize their grief to do so.

a error keeps poping up so i cant go foreword or start over

why not have a Asian race to pick from and a female maker i would love to see this in the game

3 Likes

Following the trend of @TobyWanKenobi I was curious if perhaps we could make a grave for Silas and Coco after they die and maybe even visit said grave. I also think it would be nice to have a Asian raced vampire and a female maker would be interesting if a bit strange since I’m so use to the guys (West seems the nicest and best!). Also I was kind of hoping we could get maybe a vampire lover next since the romances with humans just do not work out so well lol. I would love another vegetarian for mine. Any ideas when part two will be here or how long it will be @jasonstevanhill? :smiley:

1 Like

Asians didn’t come to America until we needed cheap labor to build railroads–several decades after the start of the story.

Allowing a female dominus–to do it right–would a huge amount of work that is not, in my mind, worth it. I’m just trying to get the second chapter done, not totally revise the whole game.

After @TobyWanKenobi 's idea, I’ve added a small moment where you react–perhaps violently–to the death of Silas. It’ll be in the next update.

well then no hope for asians then

@jasonstevanhill I can see the no Asians (was hoping to make a Suren from BH) and female maker, but could we at some time in the future get a child vampire?! XD A child vampire and a vampire love interest would be so very interesting lol! Please! :slight_smile:

omg that would rule

Oh yes! I cannot hide my enthusiasm. Choice of Vampire is one the best games I’ve ever played, and to know it will have its sequel makes me irradiate with joy. However, I have noticed that the first part is not flawless.

For example: the game does not recognise the letter “ñ”. I realised this while playing as the childe of Villanueva.

Also, I always wondered why you could play as a priest but not as a nun; it would have been interesting to explore, such as having a female maker, but I digress.

Romance wise, always a fascinating thing in vampire novels (don’t come saying it is not; read Dracula or The Vampyre and then tell me if I’m wrong, and this not directed towards the maker of the game but to any random comment that might appear.), I would prefer to see new characters instead of bringing back the human romances. Quite frankly, I never saw anything special in young Silas, he was just too fleeting and it did not seem that he could make a huge impact on the vampire’s life like Clotho could. Clotho I would say it’d definitely be more interesting to see, mostly to see how; she did say their love would conquer death. And I would suggest making possible a romance between the main character and other vampires; like Jesse and Estefania. I found Estafania to be very lovely, and would love to see how a romance with her could develop.

Character wise, I remember that I tried as hard as I could to save Anselm. The fact that I came so invested in some characters definitely proves that the characters are amazingly well done.

The setting reminds me of The Vampire Chronicles by Rice, before she went bonkers and ruined it, and Vampire The Masquerade the role game. And I could not ask for more.

Keep the good work coming!

1 Like

Actually, CountDon’s idea of ‘reincarnation’ seems like it might have promise as a way of bringing back to the story those love interests who have died.

Nothing so gauche, of course, as actually confirming that yes, this guy is undoubtedly the reincarnation of Silas. But your character could come across a fellow or a lady who looks remarkably like him or like Clotho, or at least like what you remember of them. Who even seems to share some of the same mannerisms. They would not actually remember you, but they might ‘feel a connection.’ Something that could easily be your character simply reading too much into a coincidence of appearances, but could also be the real thing.

It would be a choice for your character to decide what it means, whether you choose to believe that it is indeed the same soul returned to earth (decreasing your rationality), or that it is just chance - how many people have you seen throughout the years, after all? And likewise decide whether to pursue them or not; even if you believe that they are indeed the same person born again, you might still decide (especially for Clotho) that it would be better not to interfere with their life this time around.

I think it could be a rather satisfactory addition, if written well.

2 Likes

I think reincarnation is a good idea though mainly when it comes to Clotho. Unless Silas was Clotho reborn again already. If that was the case then perhaps the love is already conquering death because Clotho’s soul is being reborn into different people. That would make sense for reincarnation, because people reincarnated usually never look the exact same but rather act the exact same as someone from a past life or have fears correlating to how they died in a past life such as a fear of water, fire, horses, etc. But @VoodooDolly CotV brings back fond memories of IwtV by Anne Rice which is probably why I’d love to see vampire on vampire lovin and most importantly a CHILD vampire lol :slight_smile:

1 Like

“Love conquers death” just doesn’t feel like a theme of this game to me…

2 Likes

I would love some way to end up with Silas Hope. That confederate soldier tht plays the hermonica<3

1 Like

A child vampire sounds fun, ha. Especially if the player is the one able to make it.

“Love conquers death” is a theme on the game if you choose to play as a romantic and idealist vampire; with options such as “I hope to find a love that conquers death” during the game. However, there’s the option of playing as any type of child of the night that you desire. My vampire wanted to explore the world and discover the truth behind hir kind, for example.

I believe that is one of the things I enjoyed the most about this game, the fact that you can be who you want to.

1 Like

Hey, this stuff is really good. You could divide your games in parts like this, have the first part free to catch our interest, and then make us pay for the next part. Make the price reasonable and there will be more profit.

Why Are There No Asian Vampires That Aren’t Full Of Orientalist BULLSHIT!!! :-((

@Zed There are no Asian, because it was stated earlier that there were known in New Orleans at the time the game is taking place. Remember this is a historical centered game.

@princelitchi Lets not give ideas away here lol I can barely afford to anything lol!

@VoodooDolly I agree!!! I love the fact that you can be whatever kind of vampire you want! My favorites are my Male who is trying to redeem himself in Gods’ eyes, kind of like and Angel like character. And then my female Creole who is searching for love/understanding of the world. :slight_smile: