Choice of the Vampire - community input [SEE POST 1305]

There are a lot of #options there, but many of them are concealed based on stat checks. Is there some other response your character would have had?

That said, I can’t for the life of me figure out how you got from

#Attending a bullfight on the Sabbath? How sacrilegious!

to the screenshot material.

I think I’ve tweaked/fixed your other bugs. That said, the idea behind the “reintroduced” is that you are an insignificant player in this drama…and it’s been literally years. “Reintroduce” seems like an appropriate word for someone you’ve only met once and has no particular reason to remember you.

You have to have hubris of < 70.

This was a much simpler problem than I realized. Fixed.

Ah, I see the problem. Fixed.

Easily done; the code’s already there for that if you do speak English. I’ve reapplied it for when you don’t.

Sweet! Thanks!

Fixed.

So, the reasoning here is that you’re almost 100 years old at this point. Aichinger knows that and respects it, and addresses you as Frau accordingly.

What else would you want to do there?

kk.

Fantastic catch.

What would you want to ask about? Or what scene do you feel like you’re missing?

I’ve added something that’s close to silence.

Done!

Done. I think.

EDIT: Ok, new draft pushed!

I meant to say that there’s often an option to ask the Quaestor why he’s throwing one out of the city when the latter discovered the Partridge plot and that option doesn’t always fire despite those conditions being met. Or is that a hubris thing again?

That’s an interesting point but for that time period calling an unmarried woman ‘Frau’ was sort of like insinuating that a woman was promiscuous/some sort of Brothel Madam. Even now there are instances of elderly spinsters who get offended if they’re addressed as ‘Frau’ instead of ‘Fräulein’. Given the more conservative attitudes of the age and Herr Aichinger’s opinions within that (very traditional with his views on lighting, culture and so forth) he wouldn’t so insulting upfront even if our character had more progressive notions about its use.

In terms of pro strike options I’d like an option to tell the workers to fight on as a counter to telling them to give up like there’s an option to do at the moment, perhaps an option to try and organise some sort of strike fund/mutual aid society for the families and workers who aren’t getting paid. Perhaps an option to do some sort of raid on the Employers’ offices, or try and intimidate them or whatever. Things like that. Of course, they don’t have to work but they’re there for a character who’s pro strike.

Can you give me a screenshot?

I didn’t know that. Thank you. I’ll update.

Done.

New draft pushed. It just adds some new beats in the very beginning of the game, after Marigny’s party.

3 Likes

For some reason one can’t progress further than New Orleans. All that comes up is this:

1 Like

Ugh, sorry. Fixed.

2 Likes

Just uploaded a new draft with a set of fixes based on @RileyRock-pen 's comments.

2 Likes

Another set of revisions thanks to @RileyRock-pen posted.

3 Likes

A bug I spotted:

Also, would it be possible for a MC to choose to feed on scientists? Since there’s an option to support the university in St. Louis.

Right, yeah, then it wouldn’t make sense to have it as an option. Guess my MC will have to wait a few more decades, at least…

How many people would be a stable amount for one vampire, out of curiosity. Also, I was expecting the Chinese immigration to have the side effect of bringing vampires from Asia, but that hasn’t been the case so far. Which makes me wonder, are there even any vampires in Asia, and, if yes, do they follow the rules of the Society? Because, apparently there are no vampires in the Middle East? Though, that wasn’t always the case, as there were definitely vampires in Tyre, during the time of Alexander’s conquests, no?

Fixed the bug.

There aren’t enough scientists to support that as a feeding category. (That’s like, a hundred people in the city.)

1 Like

Also, I would suggest making it more difficult to get Hearst to become the Democratic nominee. Perhaps make the checks harder to pass, like having a status check of 4 be necessary, unless the MC has leverage on Francis Cockrell. Or dividing the process into multiple steps, with different possible choices for success. Lastly, you could always keep the difficulty of it as it is currently, but cause the MC to earn the ire of some of the vampires, for being enough of an upstart to attempt to influence the Presidency. As it stands, however, it looks too easy.

Side note: How will this affect Citizen Kane? :thinking:

1 Like

lol there isn’t a stat check there. You’re right. The plot-way forward is to have leverage on Cockrell.

I’ve added a stat-check, but it’s not $status. $status is for vampires, not humans. $local_fame is the closest thing among humans.

1 Like

I was more thinking that the status check would be to avoid the ire of other vampires. But just using $local_fame as the check should be enough, I guess.

Hey are you still letting people join the close alpah for choice of vampires 3 and if so can I join

just stumbled across this right after doing my yearly CoV playthrough lmao, yeah if people are still able to join I’d be happy to play and help out as I can.

Found a continuity error. I was playing a German MC that’s illiterate, but Withers passes a newspaper to the MC to read.

And here, my MC chose to let Quaestor Carothers find him, so Dido asks him why he hasn’t made himself known to the Quaestor. But, as this MC only speaks German, he shouldn’t be able to understand what Dido is saying. Dido doesn’t speak German, right? If it’s any help, in this playthrough the MC killed Wilson, and chose to go to Memphis to make it known he should be Senator, when Withers told him there was going to be a Senate election.

And since in this playthrough Wilson is dead, my MC was hunting Hugh instead, but the Withers has granted you eternal life still shows up.

Also, I’ve been meaning to ask, will choosing narcotics as prey lead to the MC becoming addicted to only drinking the blood of narcotics?

Caught a typo in the beer industry meeting in St. Louis ScreenHunter_3853 May. 12 02.11

Pushing a new draft with a bunch of typo fixes.

caught a pronoun error when hiring Maeve in St. Louis and choosing to keep her loyal with cash.
ScreenHunter_3854 May. 12 14.27