Choice of the Vampire - community input [SEE POST 1305]

@jasonstevanhill
In the St.Louis World’s Fair section, I feel like there should be different lines for the various ethnicities of the vampires when/if they feel upset by the mistreatment of the various tribes and their status as a sideshow.

A Choctaw vampire or a former slave vampire would feel the rage on a much more visceral level. A Yankee or Southern vampire would probably feel some level of embarrassment on top of their rage. A free person of color should have the option to feel either visceral rage or embarrassed rage. Immigrant vampires (French, German, Scottish, Irish) and Islenos should have the option to be appalled at American barbarism, or be embarrassed and angry at the same time.

I believe I was going back and forth using the checkpoint system, yes.

Which valet did you choose?

Can you please list specific moments with screenshots or clips of text?

Just a quick thought, but do you think you might ever add relationship bars to the vampires’ and mortals’ gallery?

4 Likes

Could someone please help me?
I was trying to follow this thread’s advice on how to get the Governor’s Favor achievement but I can’t seem to be able to have Status 2 and Creation 3 at the same time, not if I try to bring in new inventions to New Orleans.

@jasonstevanhill

Here you go. The character in question is a Yankee, and I have got the same options on a German PC playthrough. As he is also an American, I feel like he would phrase his anger at the mistreatment of the tribes differently–the character in question, who is pretty open minded and friendly to other ethnicities, would probably feel ashamed. Even vampires that are pretty callous and exploitative of humans (especially non-white ones) could have the option to blanch at the exhibition that is written in an “even I have standards” way. A vampire who is Choctaw, Free PoC or a former slave would probably feel a lot more than just anger over “savagery and limited imaginations”.

Screen Shot 2020-10-10 at 7.55.05 PM
Also, replace “damns” with “dams”. This is where the PC (same as above) reveals his affiliation with the Freemasons to Hiram.

I managed to go out with Amie Jones (married hirsute woman) after I killed her and her husband earlier.

I also got the event where Annie and my helper (Ernst, former Union soldier) got into an argument after she was killed by Wotton.

Also got the event where she decided to go for a walk in the morning (after the previous events I mentioned) and I got the opportunity to swear vengeance on the impostor once again.

Typo:

Many of the patrons have left by the time you exit the club. They wend their way to their various homes, almost all within easy walking distance.

I think it meant to say went.

2 Likes

Good eye on those bugs.

Wend actually works fine here. While not used as often as ‘went’, it means people going to a location but in a slow or indirect manner.

3 Likes

It’s been a while since I did this, but this may help. You still have to get Creation 3 through play but you can start with a Creation 2 automatically by playing as a Spanish person (los Islenos). Having an option to bring in Inventions may show up depending on the sire you pick and what Intelligence might be.

I don’t think this background shows up for all sires, though I know I got with Villaneuva and van der Walde, as long as they picked you out of passion rather than utility.

Additionally, if you do well enough financially, you can invest in something, and this is usually where I get Creation 3, though it may also show up randomly.

1 Like

While we’re answering questions, is there a way our character can learn German and any of the other languages not readily available? Or this something that might be possible in a future chapter/expansion/volume?

At the moment, the only way to learn German is to have that as the background.

It is possible to learn Spanish; if you have West as a sire, depending on your skillset, a pop-up might say “While in Mexico you learned…X”

You can also learn Spanish if you have a good relationship with Estafania. Admitting you feed from priests, children, or animals does lower her regard.

For non-English speakers, one can learn from Jesse in the first book, or from Samantha at the end of the second book. Killing your retainer sort of ruins this.

It is possible to learn French, especially if you go the Parish route, and have enough money, or Invention to help a mill.

It is possible to learn Latin, but I don’t recall all the specifics at the moment.

3 Likes

I’m guessing it has something to do with intelligence and/or lore since priests seem to start with it.

1 Like

You can learn Latin in your down time. I am pretty sure it is tied to intelligence.

1 Like

you need to have intelligence 3 so that you can learn latin

1 Like

Continuity (in bold letters) & spelling (in italic letters) errors:

Errors here

Carothers looks…pained.

Dido, please, take this man outside and leave himn for the sun.”

Dido nods and drags your former valet away.

When she is gone, Carothers turns to you. “This does not change what I am about to tell you.”

“What is that?”

“You must leave the city.”

“I’m sorry?”

"The humans are leaving. The ones that remain are dying. There are not enough of them to support the three of us. I’ve already dealt with Dido; now you are all that remains. Moreover, I have been humiliated in front of the Senate: three times they set a date to decide on a Senator for this city, and three times the matter went unresolved. With the city in such disarray, it shall be decades before they are willing to consider the matter again.

Basically, Carothers goes from telling Dido to take out my progeny to declaring them dead in the same breath.

While we’re on the subject, is there a way to save or minimize the damages that occur to Memphis?

And another thing, I’m pretty sure I haven’t been “allowed” to cash in the debt(s)/favor(s) that Apollo owes me. I know I got to trade them once for Strength even when my strength level was 1, so someone’s holding out on me…

Wishlist: :gift:

Could we have a ledger of some sort that shows (and explains) how our income fluctuates with each investment or storyline event.

Thanks. :raising_hand_man:

2 Likes

i noticed when you’re embraced out of affection you doesn’t not gain any lore point even after being explained by your dominus or adoptive one if you killed him, was this intentional or a bug ?

Good day to you, author! Will there be a possibility to get shapeshifting for main hero like West`s 6 stat? All stlouis scences just lack any profound progression of skills like in previous chapters.

1 Like

So West is ~1000 years old and has spent most of that honing his shapeshifting abilities, so I doubt getting to his level is feasible. However, if you get to 4 shapeshifting by taking every opportunity you get you can fully transform into an animal.

4 Likes

Bug. I’ll give +1 Lore where you learn the Three Rules.

5 Likes