Choice of the Vampire - community input [SEE POST 1305]

Are we ever going to get a lasting human love or the right to turn someone?

3 Likes

Been working on some fanart of the sires, or at least my interpretation based on their description. These are the two WIPs for Padre Carlos and Guillaume de Sainte-Chapelle, along with my main vampire Elizabeth Weir:

Padre Chaime Carlos Borcha

• Not much of an improvement of Miele
  • How does he know Stone, and why does Stone seem to trust him??

Guillaume de Sainte-Chapelle

• The bourgeoisie
  • Vertically challenged

Elizabeth Weir

• Scotch
  • Dominus: Fernando long name
  • Passionate scientist; loves biology, cries at the sight of a maths equation
  • Has spent a notable amount of her unlife trying to convince other vampires electricity isnā€™t the devilā€™s handiwork
  • Tries to hold politics at bay with a meter long pike, but somehow became known as a fervent Revolutionary
  • Takes daily records of the weather and temperature
  • Loves a good graph
  • Probably spent her time in Memphis studying yellow fever rather than looking for Wilson
  • Definitely went out into the St. Louis countryside to study opossum breeding patterns or something while West was on the loose
  • Tried to make silver bullets with some sort of electrical core to shoot at West
  • First thought after finding out about electric eels was if she could shapeshift her muscles to copy the ones the eels used to make electricity (girl has a 0 in Shapeshifting)
  • Believes pursuit of knowledge must have a justifiable cause, not just knowledge for knowledgeā€™s sake
  • Believe vampirism is the gift of time, not a curse or true immortality
  • Chaotic good
5 Likes

Shame that, at the time the story takes place the ā€œ(hard) Sciencesā€ are the ones that, for the most part, involve math. :scientist:

:thinking:

I think Weir doesnā€™t hates equations, she just prefers them when theyā€™re solved.

Was it for self-preservation or did she know/felt that she would get in the way of those efforts?

But a 10 in creativity.

:artist:

I wonder how she justified researching those breeding patterns while West was going on a rampage. :laughing:

What a fine procrastinator she would make(/possibly is?). :joy: :+1: :bowing_man: :bowing_woman:

2 Likes

I love these! Thank you so much for sharing! It warms the dead, lifeless cockles of my heart.

1 Like

Replaying rn and loving all the new little details. How old is Jesse? Going to have to do a couple of my go to play through now.

How do I feed from General Pike? Iā€™ve tried charm 4/stealth 3/int 3?

your ethinicity must be either yankee, southrener or scott and you must also have high charm

I try as the southern lawyer and always get the following and have no option to feed from him:

ā€œSeemingly convinced that he has converted you to his cause, he urges you to remain in contact, and then moves on to continue his evangelization.ā€

I looked through the memphis_kkk page code and didnā€™t see anything on feeding from him, do you not do it while at General Forrestā€™s house?

Also, no matter what Iā€™ve tried I never have the option to send Hugh the plague bearer to New York for the Head Hunter achievement, can anyone help with this?

you need to talk to siobhan during the first memphis reception and sheā€™ll tell you about the bounty on hugh head

1 Like

I finally managed the headhunter achievement, had to get Lore 3 and talk to Malloy as you said, but I feel that Lockridge should have also been able to flag the MC as aware of the bounty as he tells you if you announce it to the crowd during the election, and when Carrothers asks what youā€™ve been doing about your search and you assemble a bag of tools you should be flagged aware of stakesā€¦

On feeding from General Pike, I looked through the memphis_kkk code and didnā€™t see any reference to feeding from him. Iā€™ve tried with Southern lawyer and Scots-Irish both with Charm 4, and with and without having joined the Masons at the start of the game. Iā€™m using the CoV specific app.

1 Like

I was playing the game again, and looking through the code I spotted this little interaction between the PC and Hiram if you know about the heresy of the masons when talking about Stone vs Adonis (ā€œI believe in democracyā€). Thing is even if you are inducted into the Masons by your sire, you donā€™t get that knowledge modifier set to true. Probably something to look into?

Speaking of the masons, I see thereā€™s some code about getting involved with a masonic lodge but how do you actually do that? Have never been able to.

I got it kind of randomly, but you i think you need to have high status/finance, but definitely feed from soldiers.

I turned Annie Jones into a vampire (Memeskia accepted a debt from me) but after that there was no more content. Did she simply leave St. Louis? Is there supposed to be content?

2 Likes

Thatā€™s a bug. @jasonstevanhill

@Aznable If sheā€™s turned into a vampire, she doesnā€™t just ā€˜leaveā€™. And the game should continue until the end of the St. Louis volume.

Are you playing the published version or the beta?

she got diablerized by west

The beta.

The game does continue until the end of the St. Louis volume, but there is no mention of Annie after that whatsoever.

1 Like

Ah, that one. Iā€™ve also ran into that one. As far as I can tell, there might be over variables that are causing that particular scene that are causing the narration to go to a certain location/time (scene) that ā€œassumesā€ we already went through Annieā€™s story.

Just my guess. :person_shrugging:

Has anyone successfully beat (real) West without the help of Memeskia or Carlos? Iā€™ve tried about a dozen playthroughs over the last week or so and it seems impossible.

My most recent attempt involved a MC with a combat score of 12 (3 Strength, 3 Agility, 4 Fighting) who entered the West fight with dynamite, Becard, and mortals w/ torches. However, this MC still lost and needed saving by Memeskia.

My understanding from the discussion above was that defeating West would require a combat score of 12 and at least 3 west_downfall, which I thought I had achieved. However, West still defeated my MC.

I have screenshots of this MCā€™s stats and fight with West, but appear unable to post them.

I ran through St. Louis again a couple times with a combat score of 13 (4 Str & 2 Int; 4 Ag & 2 Int), but was never given the option to try dynamite on those runs, leading to the same result.

Is this a bug? Have I misunderstood the requirements to beat West or done anything wrong?

In addition, I believe there may be a bug preventing the game from recognizing the MC discovering silver as Westā€™s weakness.

For example, I had a previous MC who engaged West with combat 12 (3 Str, 3 Ag, 4 Fight), Becard, Mortals, and knowledge of silver, but again needed saving by Memeskia. Notably, this MC learned of silver from Estefana at the fair but never did anything with or told anyone about this knowledge. This MC even spoke to Becard (who was Tribune) right after learning about the silver, but alas did not even consider sharing his knowledge of silver with her.

A different previous MC discovered silver on their own before the Tribune vote. The text mentioned something about acquiring silver bullets. The MC then became Tribune and acquired a rifle. However, it seemed that said MC did not actually use his silver bullets with the rifle, as shooting West in the fight did nothing. I did another run where the MC acquired the rifle without ever discovering silver bullets and the subsequent text describing my MC shooting West was the same. In other words, acquiring silver bullets had no effect on West even when the MC specifically acquires a rifle to fire them.

Further, acquiring silver even before the Tribune vote provided no opportunities for the MC to use this knowledge or share it with others.

Particularly, the MC who discovered silver and later became Tribune still had the option to use their Tribune prep to research the werewolf story - despite having already done so earlier.

The above leads me to believe there may be a bug preventing the game from recognizing when the MC has discovered silver as a weakness and allowing them to act on this knowledge.

I am playing on the CoV mobile app on Android.

In summary, could someone please clarify what is needed to defeat real West without the help of Memeskia or Carlos, and perhaps let me know what went wrong in my playthrough described above?

@jasonstevanhill is it a bug my MCs are unable to utilize their knowledge of silver, or are their options I have just not discovered yet?

Apologies for such a long post. My words come from a place of enjoyment and appreciation for this game.

1 Like