Choice of the Vampire - community input [SEE POST 1305]

If your combat is below 8, yes. You will die otherwise.

2 Likes

@jasonstevanhill The character seems very passive here. Surely there should an option to try and intimidate or use physical force on Slattery and Co? With checks of course.

Also, unless the character is a complete goodie two shoes, there’s no emotional investment for the character to weigh in on this:

This option only gets a result with specific points in different traits. Surely, it should be greyed out otherwise? For example, there’s a greyed out option in Memphis to remove someone’s memories. But one couldn’t click on it to get an option to say “Unfortunately you can’t wipe someone’s memories”. It’s one thing to know to avoid this option if you have the game code, but for players going in blind, it seems a waste of a choice.

And are you planning on adding a bit more to the ending? Because if Memeskia survives West, the sacrifice scene, seems a bit sudden, especially if freeing the old Indian chief is skipped over. And the character just leaves St Louis, without much reason to, no goodbyes to characters that one has struck up a rapport with or anything like that. And also, once Becard/Draper has taken the top job, there’s really no reason to leave St Louis either. And if one met Draper before, there’s no chance to speak to him either.

Edit: Couldn’t the streetwise ability be an alternative to intelligence in ‘surmising’ Whitaker’s intentions? The whole thing about book vs. street smarts and all that.

have you encountered a bug when choosing what to do upon west rampage at st. louis ?

You mean when there’s the choice to go help Becard during the third night of the fair? I haven’t actually, but I did get one yesterday, when talking to Aichinger about whether to summon Padre Carlos. It might just be a temporary thing from the game being twerked around with.

yeah i encountered this one really annoying it ties specifically on which dominus and what did you to them

1 Like

Alright, I’m just starting a new game now. I’ll post it here when I see it. A while ago there was another annoying one like this with the cigar seller. Lasted a couple of days and was just frustrating.

how about i just write it down to make it easier ?

1 Like

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you. I’ve played it through again a couple of times and no glitches have popped up. I’m guessing that particular glitch has been sorted.

Which dominus do you choose and what did you so to them?

Okay now I understand. You’re talking about something in the Dominus selection process, and whether to kill, flee or help them. As you say, it might be better if you told me which character background/Dominus/aforementioned decision were combined together to create the bug. That way I can check directly.

1 Like

Padre carlos when dead the bug kicked in

Guillaume has no bug

Pieter van der velde whether he’s alive dead or run away the bug will kick in

Fernando de villanueva the bug will not kick in if you’re running away from him

Wallace winters as same as van der velde

West bug will only kick in if you’re running away from him

Character background doesn’t affect it only dominus selection process

Ah well, my last character yesterday ran away from West and I got through it without bugs. That said a bug kicked in a couple of days ago with my van der Velde character, but it happened in St Louis when talking about the new Viking Governor being appointed with Aichinger, as opposed to anytime during the beginning of the game.

The alternative Praetor character, in the event Padre Carlos died at the start, definitely needs some fleshing out though. It reads as though the game has an unfinished gap in it which shouldn’t be there.

Speaking of domini, all are accounted for going into Chicago except Winters, what’s he up to @jasonstevanhill

3 Likes

All of these happened with an MC who was embraced out of affection by West and then abandoned him in the first choice:

Top choice is grammatically incorrect:

Last paragraph is out of place:

Should MC be able to communicate with Walker if they only speak German?

MC speaks English, others should understand conversation:

Never promised to make Franklin a vampire:

Extra quotation marks at end of second-to-last paragraph:

Exposed code:

Should be “is comforting” and full stop after asylum.

Shouldn’t Charm 4 make it possible to attend?

Exposed code:

Should Maffi be so sure she can defeat Villanueva? The other potential quaestors don’t seem to be combat focused, but he’s likely to be a skilled fighter.

2 Likes

he’s a vagabond probably making someone life’s harder like lockridge when he’s still in england :smile:

"J’espère que l’on se reverra,
Quand la nuit se lèvera.

Dis-moi si tu me chercheras,
Quand la nuit se lèvera.

Me prendras-tu dans tes bras,
Quand la nuit se lèvera?"

--ZĂŠphyrine Chaigneau,
St. Louis, Missouri,
January 1905
English Translation

"I hope that we shall meet again,
When the night dawns.

Tell me if you will search for me,
When the night dawns.

Will you hold me in your arms,
When the night dawns?"

9 Likes

@jasonstevanhill
A few bits for you: It should be ‘the Anglo-Americans treat them with contempt.’
I

For some reason this doesn’t allow the character to ask Ashmore about the debt, on its own. The character also has to ask Carothers about the debt for the option to come in the letter writing stage or at the second reception. Seems a bit much. Either one or the other should trigger it separately.

Since the character can give the secret hand-sign for the heresies (Masonry/Abraham) to Björnsdotter when she says something that sounds like she’s sympathetic to either of them, surely there should be a chance to do that here? Of course, Ashmore is very careful to not say if she wishes to ask these questions, even if she has declared herself a Stone supporter. But still, could be interesting.

Seems like a good place to ask or write to someone like Olivia Polk Hill (if acquainted of course) to take him in as a servant. So if the character lacked money or anything there’s an option if he/she cares about Franklin’s wellbeing.

As a German, von should be lower case, here and in all other places except at the start of a sentence. Also there’s a few mentions of ‘Bierfraus’. The correct plural is Bierfrauen. Also when Aichinger refers to Björnsdotter as ‘the Wikinger’ it should be ‘Wikingerin’ as she’s a girl. Also ‘absolut nicht’ isn’t a proper stand alone phrase in German. Something like ‘Ach wo!’ would be more appropriate.

The game makes the character feel like crap for not helping in the West battle, even if the character has no fighting points, whatsoever. Also the character can have spent a lot of time in St Louis, finding out about silver and using the papers to raise awareness about werewolf’s. But if one doesn’t turn up for the fight it feels like it was all for nothing. Surely there should be an option to let Becard know about one’s research into silver, if the character bought silver bullets to give them to her in either the expedition encounter or before she goes to fight West. And if the character also recruited people to hold torches, to be able to send them to her or something like that. That way, even if the character doesn’t fight West, the player’s focus doesn’t go to waste.

1 Like

@jasonstevanhill Further to the above (I made a second comment because the previous one was bugging out). It’s a shame that there’s no mention of the Chiara romance in St Louis, like there is with Samantha. One can’t even write to her about needing a lawyer. Seems a bit of a shame. And there isn’t an option in St Louis to write to Lockridge about a copy of his commentary on the Shepherds and Wolves debate. The character might have only found out about it in the last (functional) Memphis reception, or was too busy to request a copy previously. Seems like a nice option to have.

Also this website is very useful for finding suitable German expressions for Herr Aichinger. Google translate gives a lot of rubbish that don’t make any sense. https://www.dict.cc/

EDIT: If the character lives in the Beale district, ignores Memphis Clotho and the school board dispute and is a priest or Spanish, (but could also apply to other white characters) he doesn’t get to hear the rumours about the KKK attacking the area (when they’re actually attacking the bond collectors on the train). I think the character and if not the character, the valet would hear what was going on and should be able to react to it.

1 Like

@SisterMaria, is there any new content, from what you’ve been able to see so far?

1 Like