Choice of the Vampire - community input [SEE POST 1305]

My character is female Choctaw. The embrace of West’s affection was her sin. She very much wants to become human again.

Her desire for Memeskia is immense. Arriving in St.Louis, she was stun by him but still remained perpetually calm.

What if our character likes Memeskia? This is torture.

2 Likes

You gain Memeskia’s affection by supporting anything that goes against capitalists. So, support the labor movement, try to stop the introduction of electricity, bomb places, attack cops, etc.

3 Likes

Oh my gosh, same!

Yes but what if we “like” like him, ya know what I mean? Am I to move to Chicago instead of becoming Mrs Quaestor? Pooh pooh.

Mostly in whether he manages to cling on to his humanity or not. I had to relinquish some of my own just to stop him from killing Dido.

3 Likes

I am so glad I am not alone in thirsting after this sexy genocidal wolf man.

Edit: And yes, that picture is to die for. Who did the cover art of St Louis anyway? 10/10 would recommend staring at all day

I think it was Amy Wilkins who did the same art for Vampire: The Masquerade Night Road

1 Like

All right, thanks so much! I looked at the credits in the book but it didn’t say which author drew which picture :slight_smile:

Can someone explain to me what I have to do to support consul stone and the wolf faction? I always end up as an opportunist or moderate shepherd

Stone is the head of the Revolutionaries, who are opposed to the Loyalists, and you can support either side while being a Wolf or a Shepard. To be a Revolutionary you just have to state that you support their goal (American Society going its own way) when asked. Being a Wolf means being self-interested and seeing humans as tools. Don’t make altruistic choices towards humans and try to profit from their troubles as much as possible. Alternetively, ignoring and dismissing human issues as beneath you also increases the Wolf stat.

2 Likes

FWIW I think I’m going to be able to get back to work on this this month.

Cross your fingers for me!

12 Likes

Oooh, exciting. Does back to work mean more refinement for past chapters or starting on Chicago?

There’s a plotline in St. Louis that I want to finish involving Jesse. Once that plotline is done, we’ll finally send out the “mailer” and formally announce its release.

3 Likes

@jasonstevanhill I’ve encountered 2 bugs

1. when playing through different dominus be it alive, run away or dead when in st. louis during west attacking another vampire the option to choose is not present at all

2. during memphis election when i’ve uncovered harding plot yet somehow im jumped to the scene finding maddox or anselm

i’ll try to find more bugs while at it

@justme thanks that really helped. Also I was just wondering this but is there a way to save Memphis or will it always fall to the plague?

It always falls, as it did historically.

2 Likes

Eee! I am so excited for this being picked up again! As my very first Choice of Game played, CoV will always have a special place in my heart, no matter what happens in the storyline ahead.

I had a minor suggestion a while back to have the option for an MC with a FPOC background to be attracted to Soulard because of its French history (the same as a current possible option for a white French MC).

Distinction between freedmen and creoles of color may have mattered less and less as the latter half of the nineteenth century brought Jim Crow Laws and widespread enforcement of the “one-drop rule”. However, I would argue that a FPOC background MC could very well still identify strongly with their French roots, and attempt to associate with it whenever possible (despite the pushback). Creoles of color remaining in postbellum Louisiana were doing the same, after all.

4 Likes

I also just want to point out the promised Jewish background again, would love to see that implemented.

:sob: Alright, love the game regardless.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t anticipate that happening for several more years.

1 Like

What are the stats to win the fight and can you actually save the people?

I’m guessing the fight you’re referring to is the fight against the Werewolf? If I remember correctly, you need 12 points in order to survive the encounter. [The are some tips in this thread.]

You can also skip it, just go to your home and wait it out.