Choice of the Vampire - community input [SEE POST 1305]

Oh I meant specifically for a priest, when you talk to Gonsoulin you mention being from St. Martinville.

1 Like

What about Massachusetts? Since Boston was originally planned, wasn’t it?

A nice little callback for that MC, potentially.

1 Like

With these stats, I assisted Dr. Cousins in the development of a vaccine, and affiliated myself with WashU. However, the TB vaccine development achievement did not pop up after West was confronted, and it skipped straight to the selection of the new Quaestor. What happened? What should I have done?

1 Like

Did you encourage scientists to gather at the LPE? That gives another point.

1 Like

I did! I have actually earned this achievement before, which is what makes it all the more upsetting.

#“$!{dominus}, allow me to go with her to fight the French.”
*set revolutionary_credentials %+15
*set maffi_rapport %+15
*set compassion %+5
*set discretion %+10
*set independence %+5
*set laborvscapital %-10

I think this is meant to be the other way round.

1 Like

I’m not sure. Those stats should have given you 5 points if you were assisting Cousins, and then inviting the symposium at the LPE should have given you a sixth, which is what you need to find the vaccine.

If I may ask, what choices, abilities and stats give points?

@jasonstevanhill
Also, is the ability to boost art after Alpheus and then patronize the arts a bug (usually that brings creation to 3)? Because I am unable to bring new inventions to New Orleans if I am at Tech 2 from the Alpheus boost.

I love the game, and played the original installment when it first came out, so I was happy to see (when looking for Kindle apps to play) that the game was available and listed as being an 800,000 word 4-volume set.

I got the app, paid for the full version, and then got asked to buy Fall of Memphis as a separate app, even though the description listed it as an in-app purchase. I tried to double check that there wasn’t some mistake, but it looked like this was the way things were set up.

I decided that I had waited too long to play this thing through to the end, and bought Fall of Memphis… Only to get to the end of that one and find there is no volume 4 yet?

Look, it’s not the end of the world, but that is a very confusing and frankly misleading description in the Choice of Vampire app, and I am definitely regretting my decision to press on and spend an additional $5.99 on the second/third installment after I spent $3.99 on the first, especially considering it’s not complete.

As an aside, in Fall of Memphis I wrote to Apollo for the addresses of two different people in regards to the Senator selection but could only ever write he and Withers.

Also, after I learned the basics of bookkeeping & accounting I noticed at least two instances in which my character expressed a lack of interest/understanding of financial discussions (regarding the Freemen’s Bank and another investment opportunity or discussion I can’ t recall).

Your technology has to be less than 2 to do that. The purpose of those choices is for a stat boost. For creation, it has to be less than 3.

2 Likes

Update:
I finally got the achievement again. I did a slightly different build here (Manners was freshly turned in 1812 rather than sometime before). Was the pivotal choice reading up on new knowledge before the exposition (the same time you can throw your valet a birthday party)?

End of Demo Stats

@jasonstevanhill Not sure if the PC’s wealth is supposed to rapidly increase between soon after the final fight with West (when the vaccine achievement pops) and the appointment of James Draper. Is that a glitch?

Stats when vaccine achievement was earned. Note the low wealth stat

Also, are the vampires encountered at the fair random? I don’t always see Estefania (Thomas Manners is a fellow Child of Abraham; he would seek her out if she was present).

As a non-combatant vampire, how the hell can you defeat West? My main skills are charm and streetwise, which both are at four.

And also, I’m glad that my country’s indigenous people were portrayed in the game, though I do not take offense in the manner of their portrayal.

you can’t defeat west considering he is 1500 years old vampire and no offense non combat mc will instantly get diablerized him, even if you’re mc is purely combat type you’ll still can’t beat him, at best you probably stun him before memeskia or carlos or both of them go for the kill.

4 Likes

My character died before Carlos appeared, lol. I guess I should’ve used my skills before going out to face him, like choosing the option where you convince the court of something.

1 Like

Is there some sort of guide or index of the scenes that we can easily consult?

I ask because CotV might be the game with the biggest number of variations that I have ever seen.

1 Like

Well if you’d like you can simply go through this:

Though it can be very daunting if you don’t know what to look for. I’ve thought about compiling a proper walkthrough but I would probably want to make it more of a community thing considering the possibilities.
3 Likes

Meeting with Cousins: 1
tech 1 = 1
tech 2 = 2
tech > 2 = 4
int 3 = 1
int > 3 = 3
will > 2 = 1

Sorry, you lost me here. Do you mean patronize the arts right before the Governor’s arrival?

Not a glitch, per se, but it’s a bit early. It’s the increase in wealth based on income between volumes.

Yes, some of the vampires at the fair are random.

What country are you from?

1 Like

Are you saying that you paid a second time for New Orleans and Vicksburg? Meaning, did you pay for it “when the first came out” ten years ago, and then again in the past week? If so, happy to refund one of your purchases.

As for St. Louis, I’m hoping to release that fourth volume next week. You’re right that the description is a little misleading, because it’s two weeks premature. But we’re working to get it rolled out.

If you can send me screenshots of bugs, it would help a lot with tracking things down. Otherwise, I’m largely at a loss.

I’d recommend trying to find the error by playing in the open beta.

2 Likes

Yes, that is what I meant.

Also, how does one earn the Governor’s favor? I know that is the key to getting the status to 4, so that one can experience the Quaestor PC ending.

@jasonstevanhill
In 1914, the ability to store blood for later use (in blood transfusions) was discovered by Adolf Hustin. Could a science-minded vampire start drinking blood out of blood bottles (and plastic blood bags if this series continues past 1950) rather than from humans if they are more compassionate/Shepherd-aligned? Or is sodium citrate the equivalent of rat poison to vampires?

Also, a strange bug in the stat screen during the Saint Louis chapter (playing on Safari):
Screen Shot 2020-10-19 at 10.42.25 PM

Thank you, this is really helpful.

1 Like