Choice of the Vampire - community input [SEE POST 1305]

With the warning and playing this game alongside V:TM - Night Road, I suppose that some things are blending together even more than before, including mindset.

To quote the age-old Riddle of Cainite existence, “A beast I am, lest a Beast I become.” It is the same here. Just as it is for the scions of Caine, vampires of this setting must likewise forever wrestle with this paradox, this struggle of their existence, committing lesser sins in order to stave off committing greater ones, balancing self-preservation against going too far in altruism and potentially violating the Masquerade, with all the consequences that would come with it. At the same time, they must cling tight to their Humanitas, because it is all that stands between them and the Beast. West demonstrates firsthand what happens should one discard their Humanitas and fully succumb to the Beast.

1 Like

Oh, I’m not talking about stats between books. I’m talking about the two random ones right at the beginning during character creation.

1 Like

Looking through the roadmap and St Louis scenes I saw no mention of the Haymarket Affair. This felt odd considering how involved the PC can get with the labor movement. Would be a good teaser for what’s happening in Chicago too.

Uhhh…never mind then, I’m good, thanks

Oh, well in that case they are two separate suggestions. :hugs: I’m all for yours. :point_left:

Is the author receiving ideas regarding potential scenes? I have an idea related to knowing multiple languages.

2 Likes

Throw it out there, bru.

Languages don’t get used as much as I’d like. Understandably so, even if you were to throw everything to a gogle-translate. I think we were all waiting for that one character to come to come up to us and say Je ne sais quoi Yes, I used google-translate for that, nailed it!

1 Like

I don’t have any screenshots, but when playing a priest who killed Padre Carlos at the start of the game, I still had the option to attempt to contact him when deciding what to do about West. It might actually be a good idea to keep this in the game in some form, because all the other St. Louis vampires know he’s my dominus so it could be nice to pretend to try to contact Padre Carlos so nobody else suspects me of patricide.

Oh, and my vampire learned Spanish from Estefania, but that didn’t seem to be acknowledged in the scene where I met the guitarist from Seville. It might be nice to reference my vampire’s ability to speak Spanish there.

How much money/income do we need to be able to pay the valet for their silence?

I’m back with more Sims 4 reenactments!

NOTE: I am aware that in the game, this particular conversation with Hiram in the tavern happens in 1883. Here however, Zéphyrine is wearing 1890s fashion. I assume they would meet fairly regularly in the same spot, so just pretend this is a detached voiceover over a montage still. (The real reason is because there aren’t enough 1880s outfits for Sims around.)

Without further ado, I present…

The Saudade of Zéphyrine Chaigneau

{1803}: "Zéphyrine, did you take your cousin's doll?"

{1810}: I tell her about the paradise that awaits; she only need close her eyes and let go.

{1862}: "But if thou live, remembered not to be, Die single and thine image dies with thee."

{1863}: "Where's your mistress, girl?"

{1878}: "An' she is right. Ah can' grow mah hair out. Ah's always be uh slave."

{1878}: "I slew her. She was a burden the city could not support.

{1895}: "I must say, I am in awe of you, Zéphyrine."

“Awe?”

“Yes.”

“That is a heavy word. One that does not suit me.”

{1904}: "It is for the best, then. Keep safe."

13 Likes

Squeeee!

Every person Zéphyrine has loved or cared about is dead. Every single one of them. :smiling_face:

4 Likes

Yes, this is exactly what you’re supposed to report. Thanks!

First things first… I realized that I placed Zéphyrine in the wrong calico dress (in the picture with Silas). The sleeves were anachronistic and the skirt too narrow. I have since updated the screenshot to something much more Civil War Era appropriate.

Now with that out of the way…

Continuity Error: A vegetarian vampire does not stifle impulse and feeds on Pulitzer

Why does the MC still get a note after explaining to Hiram that they have little combat skills? Is this Hiram and Sabine just trying to convince them one last time?

These are the requirements...

And these were my stats...

But still no option to tell Estefania of the desire to be redeemed in God's eyes

1 Like

One of the issues I have is when you choose a German character. In the original incarnations of this game it seemed pretty clear that the character was Catholic, but in this new edit he/she is Protestant, despite IIRC most of the Germans at the time of the Battle of New Orleans being Catholics.

1 Like

I just selected this prompt and now I have the option to do it again. Must be a bug

Where did you explain this? At the court at the beginning of the fair?

Because “catholic” and “Catholic” are not the same thing. That was a well-hidden bug. Thanks for finding it!

If you play a woman, you’re Catholic Rhinelander from south Louisiana. If you play a man, you’re a Hessian Protestant from Pennsylvania. That’s never changed.

There’s already a scene about it. If you’re looking for it, I’m surprised you haven’t encountered it. It’s just after the discussion of building a second bridge over the Mississippi, in 1886.

@mistylavenda Have you not figured out how to save Dido? I would think that would be a priority of yours.

Yes, you’re reading the code correctly. The random boosts are supposed to bring you from “nothing” to “something,” not “something” to “extraordinary.”

I’m considering removing the random bump though and making it a choice. Though, I admit, I also like the idea of it being an IAP. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

What do we need to do to be credited for helping with the TB vaccine research? Do we need Tech 3 or Tech 2 to be a good lab assistant (Thomas always has 3 Int)? Do we need to endow Dr. Cousins’ lab?

Also @jasonstevanhill, continuity error: I am playing an ambivalent (between loyalist and revolutionary) (and Freemason!Thomas), and I tried to stop Von Der Ahe on Aichinger’s behalf, by appealing to respect for the Sabbath. Although that failed, the game acts as though I am von der Ahe’s business partner after that.

Apologies, not sure how I missed that. Maybe my control-f is on the fritz lol.

I would also very much be behind making the random stat bumps a choice or at least less random. Not only at the start but the “refinement” bump in New Orleans.

At the court called by Memeskia right after Yates is killed.

I think I have? I’m still not entirely sure how the humanity stat for Carothers works. But I noticed that reconciling Apollo with his daughter leads to Dido being slain. Whereas if I make all the same choices, but avoid having the two meet, Dido is spared.

Naturally, to avoid metagaming, Zézé always arranges a father-daughter reunion.