Choice of the Vampire - community input [SEE POST 1305]

It’s been a while since I did this, but this may help. You still have to get Creation 3 through play but you can start with a Creation 2 automatically by playing as a Spanish person (los Islenos). Having an option to bring in Inventions may show up depending on the sire you pick and what Intelligence might be.

I don’t think this background shows up for all sires, though I know I got with Villaneuva and van der Walde, as long as they picked you out of passion rather than utility.

Additionally, if you do well enough financially, you can invest in something, and this is usually where I get Creation 3, though it may also show up randomly.

1 Like

While we’re answering questions, is there a way our character can learn German and any of the other languages not readily available? Or this something that might be possible in a future chapter/expansion/volume?

At the moment, the only way to learn German is to have that as the background.

It is possible to learn Spanish; if you have West as a sire, depending on your skillset, a pop-up might say “While in Mexico you learned…X”

You can also learn Spanish if you have a good relationship with Estafania. Admitting you feed from priests, children, or animals does lower her regard.

For non-English speakers, one can learn from Jesse in the first book, or from Samantha at the end of the second book. Killing your retainer sort of ruins this.

It is possible to learn French, especially if you go the Parish route, and have enough money, or Invention to help a mill.

It is possible to learn Latin, but I don’t recall all the specifics at the moment.

3 Likes

I’m guessing it has something to do with intelligence and/or lore since priests seem to start with it.

1 Like

You can learn Latin in your down time. I am pretty sure it is tied to intelligence.

1 Like

you need to have intelligence 3 so that you can learn latin

1 Like

Continuity (in bold letters) & spelling (in italic letters) errors:

Errors here

Carothers looks…pained.

Dido, please, take this man outside and leave himn for the sun.”

Dido nods and drags your former valet away.

When she is gone, Carothers turns to you. “This does not change what I am about to tell you.”

“What is that?”

“You must leave the city.”

“I’m sorry?”

"The humans are leaving. The ones that remain are dying. There are not enough of them to support the three of us. I’ve already dealt with Dido; now you are all that remains. Moreover, I have been humiliated in front of the Senate: three times they set a date to decide on a Senator for this city, and three times the matter went unresolved. With the city in such disarray, it shall be decades before they are willing to consider the matter again.

Basically, Carothers goes from telling Dido to take out my progeny to declaring them dead in the same breath.

While we’re on the subject, is there a way to save or minimize the damages that occur to Memphis?

And another thing, I’m pretty sure I haven’t been “allowed” to cash in the debt(s)/favor(s) that Apollo owes me. I know I got to trade them once for Strength even when my strength level was 1, so someone’s holding out on me…

Wishlist: :gift:

Could we have a ledger of some sort that shows (and explains) how our income fluctuates with each investment or storyline event.

Thanks. :raising_hand_man:

2 Likes

i noticed when you’re embraced out of affection you doesn’t not gain any lore point even after being explained by your dominus or adoptive one if you killed him, was this intentional or a bug ?

Good day to you, author! Will there be a possibility to get shapeshifting for main hero like West`s 6 stat? All stlouis scences just lack any profound progression of skills like in previous chapters.

1 Like

So West is ~1000 years old and has spent most of that honing his shapeshifting abilities, so I doubt getting to his level is feasible. However, if you get to 4 shapeshifting by taking every opportunity you get you can fully transform into an animal.

4 Likes

Bug. I’ll give +1 Lore where you learn the Three Rules.

5 Likes

one more thing that i almost forgot when embraced out of affection you instantly gain 1 status but you only gain 3000 or 8000 dollars except when you’re playing as islenos intentional or a bug ?

1 Like

To me, that almost makes sense since as the “S.O./L.I.” of the “mayor” some of that Status rubs on you. When recruiting someone for their talent it shouldn’t be surprising if they have a small fortune around given how talented they are.

1 Like

the only thing that i don’t get is why’s only isleno mc have more money other than the yankee entrepreneur or french nobles or catholic priests considering their where they came from

2 Likes

If I remember correctly the Spanish Islenos were getting a stipend from a Viceroy and they cam start earning some of their own money with a Creative stat of 2.

1 Like

what about the yankee considering they are entrepreneur and inventor shouldn’t their money
a bit bigger rather than 8000 or 3000 dollars when embrace out of affection ?

1 Like

To that I would say… they’re illiterate and got taken advantage of? Maybe?

@Canix They get that chunk of money instead of a stat point.

2 Likes

:cry:

We were coming up/citing with in-lore reasons to explain the discrepancies…

:thinking:

If you had to guess one, what would it be?

The Islen@ has a business as a carpenter and the subsidies from the Spanish Governor. That’s why they have money instead of that stat point.

1 Like