Choice of Rebels Part 1 WIP thread

That amount of planning ahead and strategy is always impressive.
:scream: looking at that video, I’ve confirmed: I definitely don’t have enough neurons for that kind of game.

Okay THIS I have to know more about. The Amazon mother and now this?!! Do you live in a parallel fantasy universe? :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I might have to take you up on that. I keep hearing great things about fire emblem this and fire emblem that.

Also I’m not sure about you but I’m about to die of laughter by imagining an actual bagel being like,“The cat boys will be mine.” XD I can already see an anime made about this bagels foray into romance.

On topic though: Now that’s a clever use of surroundings. I wasn’t expecting that to be possible…wait a moment…that can be used to extraordinary effect. Lure all of the plektoi scouts into one massive kill site.

2 Likes

Oh dear! Don’t let it put you off. That’s a master-level move that takes ages, probably weeks to set up. Leopoldstotch is a tellius legend. Things move a lot slower and are more spontaneous as a normal player. And remember there’s always an Easy Mode!

Ehhh… my mum’s an equine-assisted psychotherapist by trade. Loves animals. We got pigs, chickens, horses, donkey, cats, dogs, rabbits, used to have a snake. When you work alongside animals and especially rescues you gotta be prepped, mum says. I only do iaido and used to do archery because I saw it in video games and stuff and took an interest. I grew up near a forest I’d always go play in. Gave me a lot of time to bond with me dogs.

I admit, I live partly in my video games and shows, and I have quite the insatiable appetite for useless trivial knowledge! So I learn all I can about the things I like! It’s an autism thing.

A bagel attends a high school for normal anime characters. It’s like Hatoful Boyfriend, but with an androgynous bagel as the main character. dokidoki

1 Like

I must say: my mental image of your life was only slightly more epic than the real deal (you’re lacking in the dragon department). :yum: Archery and more animals than humans per square metre? This does sound awesome.

:neutral_face::astonished::joy: let’s kickstart that sh*t!

2 Likes

I’d be extremely concerned if it wasn’t an androgynous bagel. Otherwise something went extremely wrong in the bakery.

So say we kill all of their plektoi scouts where do we go from there? The usual military vibe that I’m getting from our foes is that they’re a mix of Greek and Roman styled warriors with mage support.

Now let’s say by some miracle that their mage support is low in numbers because they couldn’t spare many more.

We’ll still have what 5 to ten thousand soldiers bearing down on us correct?

1 Like

I love dragons! I have dragon wallpaper, dragon video games, dragon sculptures, dragon shows! So you’re not wrong!

Silly Razgriz! Everyone in marketing knows that you make a bagel female by putting some great dough breasts on it and give it eyelashes! Of course! It’s so easy! /s

http://digitalspyuk.cdnds.net/15/01/640x320/landscape_showbiz-wrigleys-extra-pizza-01.jpg[quote=“Razgriz, post:3752, topic:1601”]
We’ll still have what 5 to ten thousand soldiers bearing down on us correct?
[/quote]

I really doubt they’ll spare that many on a bunch of bandits!

3 Likes

Ah but of course! Knowing Japan I would not put it past them. Given what Japan is capable of I would be very careful about who hears about this idea.

I’m looking at it like a worst case scenario. Marched a full on assault to annihilate us. That’s what I’ve been preparing for anyway. But then again they’d have to keep their borders safe so sending out so many soldiers to quell a minor insurrection does seem unneeded.

So let’s say one thousand soldiers are coming at us at max. Given the strategy that we’ve been talking about so far do you think it’d be possible to make them rout with around 300 odd helots?

2 Likes

Why you asking me? I’m a Fremblem player, and I’ll tackle this like one! So it depends on the area, the strengths of the units you have, time of day, wind, timing, equipment, F̶O̶G̶ ̶O̶F̶ ̶W̶A̶R̶, ability to move etc. Under the right conditions anything is possible, and 300 seems a fair chance.

Good question: how many will we have to face?
Can 1000 soldier army really full on march against us in a forest/mountainy terrain? I’m guessing they’d be seriously hampered. Unless they plan to make slow progress by cutting down trees and maybe starve us/wait it out.
Still should leave us with plenty of opportunity for sabotage.

uphill
on hill
everyone is archers
that it
s l a u g h t e r . t h e m

1 Like

According to Calea there are over 200 already mustered at Rimmerford, with talk of more on the way.

I’m asking you because you seem the type to think heavily on what strategy would work the best given your Fire emblem experience.

So let’s say I have roughly 200 fully trained and equipped warriors. Fifty archers 150 normal soldiers ready to fight for the rebellion. The other hundred are weaker less experienced personnel which can be used for any basic task.

My enemy has a very large force which is based around close quarters fighting. Their equipment makes the environment extremely difficult to navigate so they’d be slow to react to a surprise attack. Their scouts were killed along with their support mages so they’ve been flying blind for a few days whilst being harassed at each point so knock off a hundred men from their full force. Their morale is low due to the conditions. They’re only a half hour away from my first defensive line of skirmishers.what should I do in this situation? My unit is based on combat as well.

Since we are out in the boondocks and the reaping events already show light garrisons - I suspect the local administration will muster no more then 600 professionals. Most likely closer to 300.

The central powers will expect the local administration to deal with our rebellion first before mobilizing greater numbers.

Sort of how the American government did not call out the Oregon state guard to deal with the occupation of federal lands recently.

Where are you. When are you. Listen friend, strategy is harder than it looks! Are you in or near a dense forest? Pull back and trap them there in close quarters while your archers fire from higher ground. If it’s a large force your usual choices are chokepoint if enclosed, pincer movement if open. Are you open? You tell me nothing. H e l p me I’m dyink

1 Like

How in the world did you get 200 real warriors?:astonished:
I can’t remember my ending stats but I’m pretty sure I didn’t have those numbers. 300 or so followers yes but I don’t think that proportion of fighters.[quote=“Bagelthief, post:3757, topic:1601”]
everyone is archers
that it
[/quote]

Well good thing bows are easy to come by in a forest! Hurray for small miracles.

I am on a hill, it’s early morning. I’m in a heavily dense forest. My men are in firing positions just waiting for the enemy to show themselves. My two flanking forces are moving away and into position now.I’d say it’s sorta open enough for both options I’d say. Natural defensive positions and handcrafted choke points have been built .

Well realistically speaking I could have that many I just don’t have metal weapons for them all. The ones without improvised/stolen arms would be given bows which they’ve been training in almost since the beginning

uphill
on hill
everyone is archers
that it

what you have there isn’t a battle, it’s a massacre lmao everything is so rite for u

I’d view things a bit grimmer than that for myself: about 60 trained warriors armed with steel, 40 or so trained archers, 100 people armed either with sticks or bows that they’ve only been using for what? 4 to 6 months? however long we’ve been in the forest. And then 100 useless people.

But at least we know the land better and the terrain is to our advantage.

Hey during those 4 to six months you’ll have little to do in the range of entertainment. Using your bow was also likely going to be the only thing keeping you from having your head leave your body. So I’d imagine you’d start getting pretty proficient with it pretty quickly.