Choice of Rebels Part 1 WIP thread

I agree i need someone fearless but the only reason Brenden is around is i need he charisma.

Singular “they” pronouns please, Mara! I’m a “they/them/their mum” kinda person!

My mum has also been working with horses for 20 years, can ride (ofc) really well, including bareback and bridleless, is a pretty good yew longbow or shortbow archer, and used to be a karate and jujitsu practitioner (very high karate level, early jujitsu level). She’s p. buff (only recently lost her six-pack abs and got quite disappointed) and nigh-unflappable when she wants to be.

She’d make a good recruit, but I’m afraid she’s got work to do at present. :wink: I’m sure she’ll appreciate the vote of confidence though! lmao, I’ll tell her :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Hmm… Ok I was thinking you were the ze zir that Zachary the heroes rise writer use. they or the it version sounds like no personal like a robot like to me. But you really know that I want to use the correct form for anyone. If I forget it just reminded me. Also a question if you use pthey for singular what do you use for a plural of aces? It’s like the you nightmare? In Spanish we use @ to incorporate both of genders in one so everyone could use it .

1 Like

If there are non-binary folk that use singular “they”, and there are many of them, just like with groups of people with other genders, you use the plural “they”. For a group, you use “people” or other neutral words such as “child” or “sibling” in place of “son” or “sister”. Informally, one can use “nonbinaries”, or even more informally, “enbys”.

You’re not wrong! lmao it is rather confusing, but one gets used to it eventually, with use.

“The party? No, I don’t know where they’ve gone.”
"They all headed out to the bowling alley." - plural

I think they’d be fine with having pizza, Mum. - singular or plural they, could be either, depends on context

Jack said that’s one of their favourites anyway. - singular they

And why not the Ze zir stuff? I really think that Ace groups should go to the British academic of Language and make them add a new grammar way to including all of you. You must have your own form because you’re a collective who deserve it, not just a garbage disposal like they use to treated your community.

Uh, honey… some non-binaries do use ze/zir or xe/hir or… a lot of other sets of pronouns! Some don’t. I, personally, prefer not to! And I’d like to think I’m not garbage for that! :wink: But I do get what you mean. You’re very sweet, Mara. :blush: [quote=“poison_mara, post:3692, topic:1601”]
I really think that Ace groups should go to the British academic of Language and make them add a new grammar way to including all of you.
[/quote]

I appreciate the thought. You are really quite sweet, but being non-binary isn’t even recognised as a thing that exists in many countries, let alone for an official set of pronouns. Do remember that the term non-binary encompasses any and all genders that aren’t wholly male or female. There’s far too much of a range to lump them all in under one pronoun or assumed gender.

Ace is a slang term that means asexual, meaning that one does not experience sexual attraction. You mean non-binary people. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Your language is so COMPLEX, well, thankfully You know I don’t try to insult or something. It’s just funny as hell, that the supposed machismo Spanish has it figured out and Political correctness English not. And we haven’t a genderless words, all are or masculine or feminine . Anyway Non binary sounds bad to me like robots and You are persons ! We use asexual or 3d gender identity.
Edit: Why don’t you do a thread about pronouns and return here to the topic

1 Like

I, hmmm… I don’t know how exactly I’d do that, so I’ll PM you.

In any case, you’ll be pleased to hear Haven’s up-and-coming nb character doesn’t use singular they pronouns!

1 Like

Wait so it depends on my choice how many rebels will survive? Well time to pray for xanthos after i told my followers theres no angels :cry: i am screwed my father will have the last laugh damit!

1 Like

I remember earlier in the thread that havenstone said whether calea and hector are potential RO’s
I can’t find that so I’ll ask it here
Are they?

Ye. Calea for a helot, Hector for a noble, I think. Calea definitely.

Not to throw a monkey wrench into your plan but uh, I think you can only use the shoving your fist into their mouths technique when the dog isn’t the size of a small horse which we happen to be up against.

Being a rebel is hard, in modern times you must worry about drones and tanks, in this Time you have to worry about literally everything. Especially whether or not you go past a small wall used to hold back what can only be described as Dr.Seuss’ collective insanity harnessed into storms of madness.

4 Likes

Thanks for taking the time @Havenstone! Like I said, it wasn’t meant as a criticism at all. I’m always very interest in the process that goes into building these games! Rebels is an absolutely amazing gsme in an amazing world and I know we all really appreciate the work you’re putting into it.

1 Like

I wouldn’t be the least bit hurt if it had been. :slight_smile: I know that one can love a story and a world while still criticizing it (as I would with Tolkien and Martin, two of my more obvious influences) and I’m always grateful for constructively critical comment on Rebels, whether it comes from someone who loves the game or dislikes it. (Though for the latter, I may have to wait until the inevitable post-publication 1-star reviews – forum threads don’t tend to draw people who actively dislike a game.)

1 Like

Calea is not open for a noble while her brother is? Damm, why is that?

Neither of them consider helots to be much more valuable than sheep. She however has a kinky helot-fetish, he doesn’t.

It explain why she is attracted to a helot, but why she reject a noble?

Because they don’t turn her on the way helots do. It’s just the way she’s wired. It’s similar to the way some men aren’t interested in women with small chests or some women aren’t interested in short men.

Easily rectified: you just need something bigger right? Our head should work splendidly for that purpose! Just shove it up there and Ta-Dah: disabled Plektoi! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

But those are physical characteristics, being a noble or a helot is a social one.
But whatever, it is the way it is.