Choice of Rebels Part 1 WIP thread

@Havenstone when I decided not divide my group after the sheep show I found an error with a selectable_if variable . Also the sheeperd clan with wolf fetish that I convinced to help me There are my friends ? Followers ? I found it confusing as hell. I don’t know how In hell Evil Gandhi could convince people so easily. She just entered into a shaman stuff Sheperd fire and talks with them and suddenly she could pacifically surrender the hector guys. All so great 38 rebels 10 weapons and 1 anarchy… Life would be so great. Simon i really believe he is one Laconier? Lacoste guy but like my character is pro freedom for nobility I don’t have any issue with that. Breden Is my character personal vendetta, she wants her DEATH IN A GORE HARROWIND OR JUST LAPIDATED

I’ll now be disappointed if we don’t get 100 Ways to Kill Breden.

Evil Gandhi clearly has a CHA of 2. Sometimes that comes in really handy, as it does when convincing desperately poor Brecklanders to go along with a plan that has lots of upside for them and relatively little downside, even though they’ve only just met you. I do need to change the anarchy settings, though, thanks for reminding me… raiding the sheep and taking on Hector should both give you anarchy bumps. (Next game you should start getting ways to bring anarchy down as well, so don’t take them too much to heart)

4 Likes

The changes to learning Theurgy are excellent. It helps build that foundation of how it functions, and adds in an interesting character. It helps push the questions about the priesthood and Xthonos relation to Theurgy away. (Though I still think it’s important they come up, until we get a chance to dive into it.) Not to mention the tree sized gut punch it sets up.

At the moment the “those who have died for your cause include:” section of the stats feels very empty if you can get through the winter without starving or letting Elery be harrowed. I think adding in a total follower’s who died stat could be useful.

I know when I’ve gone full bandit raider (even with COM 2) my own follower’s losses added up quickly, and it will only really sting if the battle goes poorly as well. Having a stat that tracks all the people who died fighting/starving/misc could help with that.

Also bug: strangers2 line 1852: invalid ${} variable substitution at letter 21

oh, but I didn’t kill anyone lol. Don’t rise anarchy. :sob: Poor Evil Gandhi. If someone has to die Kill Breden. No really my character has the same idea as Gandhi a massive amount of people pacifically rebellion so massive that destroyed the entire harrowing practice in Shayard .
She is afraid of violence because she knows that she couldn’t win violently the other side is far far more powerful in militar forces. No it has to be a mentality revolution that changes society. .
However, when she has totally control power and a fanatic force she would be come Nobility Stalin. Poor commoners and theurges.

@Havenstone

strangers2 line 5748: Non-existent command ‘selectable_if’

Evil Ghandi and Nobility Stalin. I think the only thing that I can say is, bravo Ms.Mara. Bravo. I wonder how else your character will change throughout this game.

Also glad to see you’re back @Havenstone Gee from the sounds of things you may very well have moved to a different country each week. Planning on going anywhere else after Nepal? I hear the moon is lovely this time of year :wink:
Anyway real glad to see this back in action. I can’t wait to jump back into the rebellion. Whilst keeping my Breden alive everyone else seems to be more interested in murdering them. Oh well to each their own brand of insanity, now onwards! Viva la revolution!

3 Likes

Has anyone managed to kill Hector? I managed to squash all of his buddies, but he keeps slipping away. He must have rode into battle wearing a shiny new suit of plot armor. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

You unfortunately can’t kill Hector in the ambush, although you have been doing slightly better than I have. Have you been getting intel about Hector’s veneurs from Calea? I haven’t been able to deafet them all unless I’ve done that.

Yep. The best I’ve done without Calea’s help is getting around half of them. I’m still experimenting, though.

*label plotarmor is in fact there in the code for that scene. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Got another bug with Simon, after you give him the sword back in the scene where you nearly kill him it isn’t acknowledged in a later scene when going after the sheep.

"Simon rests a hand where his sword would be, had you not taken it. “After Loane fell”

1 Like

There is a way to harm Hector within cause any anarchy. Well, I have done it without cause it. But you have said you would change the code to add anarchy to my choice. I am so scared with anarchy stat. I have the impression that if I reach more than two all my Evil Gandhi tactics wouldn’t work at all. I need a some sort of peaceful solution for that. Hmm, why no fake a miracle of some sort? Like putting alucinogenous drugs in their food and make them believe I am an angel and I need their sheeps …

1 Like

Couple more content items for your consideration:

1. I think a 2 CHA character should be able to combine the appointment as the Elect and launch into a revision of the rituals of faith with his bandits, much to Linos’ chagrin I’m sure.

2. I also think a high charisma character should be able to declare themselves the Elect or some other similar divine prophet type title.

3. Being declared the Elect should influence the MC’s relationship with De Frac probably by making it harder to start the romance but easier to keep him/her in line.

And another bug. this time when keeping both nobles and Linos as hostages without ever trying to kill them, the planning session seems to default to assume you have Kalt/Kala when you are in fact still keeping Simon/Suzanne as a hostage: “strangers2 line 3692: Invalid expression, couldn’t extract another token: #I also include ${kalt}.”

For a noble maybe, for a Helot being declared that might just be a way for Simon to accept a courtship as honourable, which means my poor MC will just have to find another way that doesn’t involve being declared a saint, or worse, a noble somewhere down the line.

Yes, eventually, but probably not in the first game. @Havenstone has planned to make quite the series of this game and one of our stats will eventually be able to increase to 6 or 7, or so, during the course of it.
Outright declaring yourself this world’s Mohamed seems more like something to do when the rebellion is a bit further along and your charisma is at least 5, or thereabouts.

1 Like

I wouldn’t say Mohamed, I would say more this guy. That’s the father of the Empire, Sigmar. Unified the clans and forged a hegemony to stave off darkness.

2 Likes

Question. How do i get Calea to help with information? Because i had no idea that was possible.

i would totally buy this book even if there’s gonna be 4 or 5 of them :smiley:

Question (sorry if it’s been asked before), will we eventually get to be able to try to teach others Theurgy if we learn it?

@Sneaks I’ve been able to get all but Hector and two others without her help, but I’m getting increasingly confident that it’s impossible to get everybody without her help.

@Dreadlord You need to be noble, once had a thing for Hector, and try to meet up with him to stop his attacks.

I honestly don’t see any way to victory without theurgy. That is the air power of this world. The Hegemony doesn’t seem like the kind of state that will get tuckered out from casualties and if your little corner of Shayard goes into open rebellion without a means to defend its territory… The only alternative I see is to somehow cut off the supply of blood. But since they seem to being using it for a bunch of frivolous nonsense I think that would be like trying to beat the US’s air power advantage by cutting off its oil supply.

1 Like