Choice of Rebels Part 1 WIP thread

Kala/Kalt is the rebel helot who joins rebellions with high anarchy ratings. Simon/Suzanne is the rebel aristos who joins rebellions with low anarchy ratings.

I’ve only gotten Suzanne. How do you get Simon?

I played as a male rebel who was attracted to a female Breden.

Suzanne/Simon & Kala/Kalt are always the opposite gender you choose for Breden.

Thanks for the help.

Am hey is this still updating cause its been 2 months w/o updates wondering if this thread is still active

It’s active. Making a game by yourself takes time even when you don’t have a day job and a family like @Havenstone.

5 Likes

Oh well good to hear and sorry for being antsy im just bored playing over and over again

I ran into another bug.

it starts with this part:
She stiffens, pulls away from you…
ends with I’m glad…I’m glad of your safe return.

The error then pops up:
bandits line 5999: It is illegal to fall out of a *choice statement; you must *goto or *finish before the end of the indented block

1 Like

My mc vast preference would be for a once a year blood tax of all (healthy) adults. Now I understand the quality of that blood may be less, but if anything the quantity will hopefully make up for that.
There should also be less need for blood since my mc will cut blood spending on the wards along coasts and the Halassur border for sure as well as any that is spent on luxuries for the nobles and creating those plektoi and weapons for officers.
hopefully that is enough until he figures out where to go from there.

2 Likes

I agreed my mc was thinking the exact thing but it would kind of be like a blood drive kind of thing then a tax.

Lol, so you are going to depend on people actually giving it willingly? I doubt that will be easy given the centuries of hegemonic teachings working to attach a stigma to the act of giving blood as something that helots are meant to do, not something for the upper or middle or even lower-class freemen to concern themselves with.

We are talking about a tax that really squeezes blood from your turnip … ya, that will go over well. Just saying…

Yep, nothing voluntary about it. In fact refusing is likely the only crime that will still carry a penalty that may result in death as the bloodletting is then done in a less than nice manner. Although he still won’t stoop to harrowing, but the involuntary way for tax dodgers may include some form of torture as that does seem to make the blood more potent.

Yeah, it won’t be easy convincing people. Especially considering that many don’t have any medical or magical knowledge as to why exactly the Hegemony needs blood. And I guess that if we get the army to force people to give blood they’ll revolt. Say that the new rulers want everyone harrowed or something like that.

If you want the armored troops you need to have cosmopolitan at 80 I finally was able to remembered to look all it took was a few month

Great choice! I will be incredibly sad if Horion and Linos truly are developing in the manner you indicated.

Linos’s idea about the MC being elect, man oh man, that was inspired!

Why would the Lanconniers necessarily be an accurate reflection of the Shayardene Codex? I don’t really see the connection.

I can think of two ways, the first would involve the Hegemony placing blame on her family for the rebellion and ordering their execution. She’d need a haven from the alastors, and the MC could provide it, although I suspect that most helot players would simply execute her unless she can offer some sort of deal that can’t be refused.

The second would involve the helot MC capturing her, and her offering to serve and advise the MC in return for sparing her life. Of course she is unlikely to be the least bit trustworthy at the beginning of this second scenario, and would undoubtedly attempt to escape or turn the tables if she is able. Nevertheless over an extensive period of time her prejudices would be worn down, at least as far as the MC is concerned, by her own treacherous heart, ie. it betrays her by giving itself to a helot MC…

Allow me to add that I also love the noble MC’s dysfunctional relationship with his two cousins. It’s really saying something about Hector that my MC sees Calea as the more likeable one. At least her cruelty isn’t personal and doesn’t get in the way of her pragmatism. It can be navigated once you understand her…

Great choice! Olynna is one of my favorites too, and a great influence on my MC’s view of the world and the role of faith within it.

I feel the same away about Suzanne. She’s like a unicorn. My helot MC is fascinated that such a creature can even exist.

It’s impossible to pick just one.

1 Like

Which kind of makes it difficult for an individual to relate to their rebel.

Makes sense, but with so many choices, there should be a choice to have a balanced character like you say, or like I would have liked an overall stronger rebel. Like, there should be an option to ‘‘make a badass character or make a balanced character’’ you know what I mean?

If I am leading a rebellion and I am not skilled in something, that becomes my weakness. The point is that the game forces me to have stats like this : 2, 1, 0. I simply want an option to play either like that or make a more reletable character that I speak of. You know what I mean mate?