Choice of Rebels Part 1 WIP thread

“The Hegemony waves its omphalos flag and calls itself the center of the world. You remember vividly the night you first heard Carles sing songs and tales from other conties and nations – that intoxicating combination of alien and familiar beauties. And they try keep us afraid of everything outside our own province… let alone outside the Wards. But it’s
just so we can’t join up against them.”

should be:

“The Hegemony waves its omphalos flag and calls itself the center of the world.” You remember vividly the night you first heard Carles sing songs and tales from other countries and nations – that intoxicating combination of alien and familiar beauties. “And they try keep us afraid of everything outside our own province… let alone outside the Wards. But it’s just so we can’t join up against them.”

1 Like

hegumen’s forgiveness

should be

hegemon’s forgiveness

Or am I in error?

Situation: I had Alaine Leybridge killed.

But I receive the following message:

Two days after Yed’s arrival a rumor reaches you from your fence, Alaine Leybridge. Cacelon, one of your more reliable fences.

1 Like

I just have my darling Breden take care of the day to day stuff, she’s so good at it and it makes me feel like we’re leading together :heart:

3 Likes

That does not surprise me. :smiley:

1 Like

I’m sickeningly predictable :wink: I just hope beyond hope that she doesn’t turn out to the the one betraying the group, cause if so I will be utterly defeated :sob:

1 Like

My cynical heart thinks she is, which is one reason my MC is keeping her distance from Breden. She is a favorite character of @Havenstone so she does have that fact going for her to be true.

1 Like

It wouldn’t be the first time I was betrayed and had my heart shattered :stuck_out_tongue: I just like the idea of the noble girl falling for the helot, starting a rebellion and bringing social justice, if I find out she betrayed me after we’re married then I want a “turn yourself in to be executed” option :disappointed:

2 Likes

My MC wants to become Empress … so a relationship with Breden might be doomed from the start.

1 Like

Eh I hope for Breden to be the traitor, because I’m a sucker for tragical love stories fueld with betrayal and opposing objectives and sentiments :blush: because that way the lovers can work it out and after all the suffering and tears and blood still see the things they love in each other …because love can conquer everything. If nobody dies first of course…but we are leading a rebellion so I guess people will die…:smiling_imp: I really love tragedies.

1 Like

Mules. Get as many mules as possible as quickly as possible.

Mules will solve all of your problems.

4 Likes

Like he’s earned anything else, he’s nothing but a cruel, spoiled rotten bully. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I’m starting to think you just feed on my tears :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Worse, I feed on my own tears. That’s why I love to read angsty fanfiction.

1 Like

OMG, that makes me so much more sad :sob:

1 Like

Oh…Ohhh, fast look at the cute kittens:

Aaand lets better get back on topic…by now we still can have the hope that any relationship with Breden will work out boring happy.

Well I can’t argue with kittens and happy romance :smiley:

What really bugs me though is IF (hopefully) the betrayer is not Breden, then who the hell? I mean she is the only one I gave a pass to since I’m in love with her, Unless it’s somehow daddy dearest…in which case I really hope my marriage to Breden does kill that spiteful biggot :angry:

3 Likes

Hm, by now I actually tend to believe those that theorize that even if Breden is a spy/traitor they aren’t a very capable one. It’s also possible that they just tried to recruite a wrong person for their meetings. Breden is a charming induvidual that is good at winning others for their cause, but are they really that good at identifying people that lie to them? I’m not so sure about that.

And yeah, the father is on my MC’s unconscious death list (it’s because I’m their subconscious…I’m joking). She settled to just not talking with him anymore, but if he does anything stupid, you can bet that MC wouldn’t even need to want their death should his actions cause any trouble for the rebells. Those people have taken enough shit to not allow it around their own. MC just looks out that it doesn’t end up as a complete lynch law. And she is the kind of person that takes the responsability for failures in her rebellion, so she would make his death fast and quick after it got decided. That guy is not even worth her resentment.

Yeah I aim for a touch of Dissonant Serenity with my helot MC.

Yeah, I kind of agree that Hector doesn’t really have a lot of redeeming traits. :pensive: Besides being a good challenge for the MCs, and a bridge-builder for yours (this refers back to a conversation way earlier, where you mentioned your character would use Hector for manual labor).

1 Like

Who is Kala/Kalt? Who is Simon? I’ve never met them in my playthroughs.