Choice of Rebels Part 1 WIP thread

@idonotlikeusernames has it right. A Theurge who understands well enough how the skin heals itself could undo a scar by temporarily enhancing the healing telos of the skin. A less proficient one could heal wounds but leave a scar. A clumsy one who just wanted to increase the smoothness of the skin (something much easier to comprehend than the telos of healing) could temporarily remove a scar, but it would come back as soon as the blood ran out.

1 Like

This is the level where are now beginning to get with just our INT 2 and minimal practice, so if we get some more training I’m guessing that my mc could get rid of his scars early on in game 3 or thereabouts, if he’d want to (which he will).
Given how much combat we’ll do and the danger we’ll be in it seems worthwhile for the mage mc to actually take the time to learn to understand the telos of healing.

Of course it can, it’s rather easy too I’d imagine.

Can theurgy make scars??? mmmm

Absolutely. There’s a telos that leads to scarring, too.

And while we’re talking anatomical teloi… yes, I do have a Game 3 Aekos scene in mind in which some MCs may get the Thaumatarch’s intended heir telling them, “There are parts of your body whose sole telos is pleasure… and no one else could ever do to them what I can.”

How’s that for a potential love interest, idnlun??

9 Likes

Will Apple approve this?

I expect so – it’s not particularly graphic in itself.

1 Like

@Havenstone, thanks. I got a little confused there, thinking it was much more about the telos of skin rather than healing.

Speaking of that, the whole concept of Teloi seems kind of like the Arche pre-Socratic philosophers studied. It’s got some differences, but I wonder if philosophy was a source of inspiration.

1 Like

Gotta get that ritual scarification party on!!!

Am I the only one who’s going to be, like, “Listen non-furry, the genitals are for procreation. The breasts are for feeding children… Therefore, there is one only place you could speak of… the one part of any human body whose sole purpose is sexual… yes…it’s… the male nipples

2 Likes

The Thaumatarch’s intended heir? A guy (and I assume this confirms that heir is indeed male, otherwise there wouldn’t even be the possibility of physical attraction) who stands for literally everything he opposes? Yeah, that’s plain not going to happen no matter how attractive he may be.
I imagine that being a “pet” helot of that guy would be a fate that’s worse then even being slow-harrowed.

Nope @Havenstone will likely have to provide two different versions. :wink:

Oh, telos is all about philosophy – but more post-Socratic, specifically Aristotelian. Google the Four Causes. Telos is the final cause, though I suppose some of the ways I’ve been using it shade into material and formal.

2 Likes

Well, he better have a large testing group then… or people will be upset at only having access to the sanitized version.

every1 will be reaching for prince nippletwister, amirite?

2 Likes

Aaaand no one’s ever going to call him/her anything else now, are they.

13 Likes

don’t act as if u didn’t know u were gonna walk rite into that one

2 Likes

I’m beginning to suspect that Havenstone created this thread to watch people make the craziest characters possible. We have the horse-eating-noble-hating-Stalinist.
The poison happy bard named evil Gandhi.
The chivalrous yet regretful helot warrior. (Mine)
Bagelthief and all the things that a thief of bagels might do.

Tell me if this does not sound like a set of DnD characters.

13 Likes

Which is a huge draw of your work for me. I’m interested in magic systems that try to be more than battle equipment.

I don’t remember all of my Aristotle classes, but I’ll look it up, thanks.

Havenstone’s DM days are creeping back to him.

That’s why he tolerates us all.

1 Like

Gotta admit, I’m way more interested in Prince(ss) Nippletwister than The Thaumatarch’s Intended Heir. Gotta keep your priorities straight!

It seems the amount of relationship drama will increase with each game. I love it, Bioware has convinced me that the messiah experience is incomplete without awkward sex scenes. Crucial missions derailed by jealousy scenes, that’s true epic-ness.

:notes:Bagelthief, Bagelthief, does what a thief of bagels can​:notes:

3 Likes

im just here for the furries. i’m here to rob, pillage, burn, and furries.
oh, and the trans nb. whoever o may be… now, havie, wheres the trans furries

ilysm

anyway folks… settle down. children it’s time for auntcle tea to tell you a story

[details=story]so, one day. i was shavin. i don’t do this a lot. shave the chest, why not? smooth. hairless. mostly i’m hairy as heck. in three years of college i had the hairest legs in the entire year. yep. we had competitions.

half way through, i look down. geez, i don’t know how i did it, but i happened to have cut a bit of my nip. oh, no, it bleeding. i put some toilet paper over it. there. i’ll be gone soon.

but the bleeding don’t stop. confused, i search for source of cut. as it happened, i appear to have sliced off a portion of my nipple

jeez. that’s scary! what do i say to mum? hey, mum, i think i sliced my nipple? hey, i don’t know how it happened, but i appear to have snipped a bit of a tit off? how would i break this news to her? scarier than the prospect of a nip snip

and then i got it

half an hour later, worried by the noise, mum came up the stairs to find me leaning over the sink, in a pool of blood, laughing hysterically. i had bled out so much i was delirious, and i had laughed so much i was breathless but she tells me i managed to find my words

“mum… mum, get this. i snipped my nipple. it’s a snipple. i snippled my nipple.”
[/details]

1 Like

Turns out that the next project that Havenstone starts working on will actually be a campaign in his world. It’ll be an epic adventure! Romance! Questionable ethics! The downfall of all horse related beings! Move aside Critical Role for today brings the dawning of a new age. The age of the Rebels!™