Choice of Rebels: Uprising — Lead the revolt against a bloodthirsty empire!

I don’t think there will be hunger as long as there is enough animals in the forest… my bear meat alone can already sustain half of my rebel’s ration, we just need to breed enough rabbits and dears and sustain the trees in the forest :slight_smile:

forest cannot guarantee a supply for hundred of millions during several years like you could imagine barely could save a several hundreds lol.

3 Likes

But the forest seems capable enough to supply food to rabbits and dears, animals eat less anyway… so animals eat plant, we eat animals…Lol :-):rofl:

My friend ecological systems doesn’t work that way I assure you and more in a realistic game maybe you just let harrowing going or you will starving everyone :wink:

3 Likes

Hmmm… i sincerely hope there are ways other than Harrowing, because that’s my speech when i rally all the villagers “There must be other ways than Harrowing, Thaumatrach is tainting the true teaching of the Angels” …

Harrowing should be like nuclear power plant , there should be renewable or alternative sourses of energy after we dismantle all nuclear power plant :-):stuck_out_tongue:

Firstly, I’m quoting this in full next time someone tells me one of my writing projects is “overly ambitious”.

Second, well, when I say “the rebellion” it’s sort of like when New Yorkers say “the city”… Of course I know there are other rebellions. I just know that mine is the best. And soon, they will, too.

5 Likes

Sartifer sounds to me like Lucifer saucepan why? Sarten means saucepan and Sarten + Lucifer = Sartifer :wink:
@Havenstone could I just kill him right away no use he is an heretic so Burning in a stake rip. Mara would never accept the help of one teurge even if is game over. Now if it is , I have to create other character instead Evil Gandhi

Oh, that’s excellent! It gives a chance for the writer to wrangle different aspects of alliances and Hegemonic breakdown into the story. Plus, it sort of takes the MC’s exceptionalism away. I mean, I imagine that, after the Whendward Band scores their first big win against the Karagond authorities, the system is going to break down pretty quickly.

I think your character is the one shaping the more unique route than anyone else’s, Mara. I’m pretty solid that by Game 3 we’ll have the “INT2 route” the “COM0 easy route” and the “Mara route” :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I really believe I would not reach the end of the series. But for once a game let me a serious and brutal stakes role-playing I will follow. And Mara is totally against Teurge and will never use it so I start to suspect that is directly gameover in the next game.

That’s true of almost everyone in the game though, isn’t it? Kalt gets a description. Suzane doesn’t; nor do Elery, Pin or (beyond a superficial “big and strong”) Radmar, or most of the rest. In general I’m happy for readers to fill in physical details, not just for romanceable characters.

6 Likes

That’s a good philosophy not describe too much. Also I would be able to skip and burn the lucifer guy orI am supposed to use Blood magic Because I need to know it to create another character.

I wonder what options you have planned for players who don’t intend to (or succeed in) becoming one of the ruling powers of the post-Hegemony?

1 Like

Pull a Diocletian, enjoy a seaside resort.

1 Like

Kingmaker, eminence grise, prophet on the run, perpetual rebel…there’ll be a few different options.

Edit: including, of course, corpse. Unquiet or otherwise.

11 Likes

I am worried about Mara and The demonic saucepan… @Havenstone :sob: And that led to the question How deep bad ends will be I want that when Mara decided not use anyone with magic If is a ending will have some epilogue. Even if is a sad tale of failure

Kingmaker , i suppose is to support a ruler…
Could i made Suzanne into Queen or another RO? :slight_smile:

I hope it means make me and the Lacoste heir ruling.

1 Like

I don’t suppose our group will ever have the juridical or philosophical pedrigree to try and create new institutions of power from the old Hegemony, will it? Something like a loose confederation of allied states sounds like a good plan, but it’d probably be the result of a very lucky scenario

Well… whoever ruling is fine as long as he/she is compassionate and capable , that’s why i will support Suzanne or perhaps that future Aristocrat RO if me myself is rulling :slight_smile:

Sarcifer looks fine … i don’t mind an alliance that benefit both side as long as he is trustworthy and honest … A Lawful Evil character is actually an honourable , although dangerous ally … because he/she will stay truth to any agreement even if they are evil :slight_smile:

Yep, I recognize that you’re entirely consistent, and this is how you’ve handled just about all of your characters. That said, personally I prefer physical descriptions, especially for RO’s. It makes them feel more real to me and helps me to picture them clearly. Physical chemistry is a necessary element of attraction. For me this falls under show, don’t tell. Telling me I find someone attractive isn’t going to work 99% of the time. Suzane works for me simply because I find her personality sufficiently appealing that I find myself willing to fill in the physical details. That clearly didn’t happen with Breden.

Thom Baylay’s descriptive imagery of the RO’s in Evertree Inn is the most impressive I’ve seen for gende-flippable characters, as Daisy/Dandy managed to charm both myself and @idonotlikeusernames and we have extremely different tastes. I can still vividly picture the droplets of water dripping from her jet-black hair and running down her every curve.

Not that I expect you to change anything, and I still love your writing overall, but I wanted you to understand where I’m coming from on this.

9 Likes