Choice of Rebels-Uprising Help/Hints

Found the related path, drop us a message if you want the details sending over.

2 Likes

Wait wait wait, you mean that as a helot we can do the dirty deed with Suzanne?! I must know the route lol

1 Like

Really? please do tell!
I need to see that

please drop it to me, i neeeeeeeeeed it

@jcury @MichaelCrank working on a brief guide now - it’s very fiddly, as Mr. Havenstone has rightly said, but am piecing together the info as best I can - bear with me :bear:

3 Likes

Okay thank you for taking the time to do this. I really appreciate it!

It’s cool! It’s definitely a very tricky route, so we’ll see how useful the guide actually is in practice - better than nothing though!

Dishonouring Simon / Suzane de Firiac: A Guide

It’s tricky to write a broad guide for - I can write a specific guide that will take the player from the first choice in the game right through to the romance scene, but this isn’t ideal as people surely want to do the romance in their own story path. If such a route is desired, just let me know and I’ll bash one out. Otherwise, here are the broad strokes that are necessary:

Super Special Spoiler Simon / Suzane Secrets

First, don’t romance Breden. Then, recruit Simon / Suzane de Firiac (See Noble Volunteer achievement). Upon arrival, make sure you choose to be attracted to zhim and let zhim keep the sword.

When retaliating against Hector after you finish with Linos and Horion, do the Brecks Sheep Raid (aka choose to attack the Keriatou wealth). Take de Firiac with you, and choose:

I firmly change the subject—but take ${simon} aside later to talk about it.

Depending on your character build the conversation choices here vary, but your goal is to reach:

I dare to lean forward and kiss ${zhim}.

[Helot] Perhaps ${simon} takes the code of chastity more seriously than your Keriatou masters did. I apologize.

[Aristo] !{zhe} clearly holds dear the ideals of chastity with which we were all raised. I apologize profusely for dishonoring {zhim}.

Then right before the final tactics selection in the forest (i.e. harry the enemy, leave demoralising messages, etc) choose:

I sit beside {zhim} and ask quietly, “What’s ailing you, {zmilady} de Firiac?”

I give a slow nod. “You’re likely right.”

“Well. If you truly want more, you know where I’ll be.” I get up and walk into the woods.

This may be our only chance. I enjoy ${zhim} to the full.

I haven’t tested any of this myself: this is all written just from looking at the code. If you’re able to let me know what works, or maybe doesn’t work, from this guide, please do! I’ve checked it over a few times though and this should work! Let me know :speech_balloon:

6 Likes

I’ll let you know how it goes sometime tonight! Kind of busy at the moment but I’ll give the guide a try when I am able to and I’ll post up the results.

Thanks!

My understanding is that you need to run a 2CHA build, because I don’t think I saw verbiage like that in my 2COM and 2INT runs.

2 Likes

That could certainly be how I’ve always missed it as I generally tend to run with mage builds.

Alrighty, apparently that’s something I’ve always missed.

Still, I’m not sure how young de Firiac is going to feel about it in the other books. Maybe they’ll try to revert back to their chaste lifestyle and drift apart from the MC for a while.

That’s an understatement. :slight_smile: And there’s no stat requirement–no 2 CHA build. Just a lot of ways to miss it.

4 Likes

And here I was hoping that the liberating experience might make him a bit more open to the simple pleasures instead.

How incredibly fiendish of you. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Thanks for the confirmation! Had dug around but wasn’t able to find out for sure.

Hmm…well, now I wonder. Should I use the Keriatou incident to forge ties with Calea, or set up a later tryst in the woods with Suzane. Decisions, decisions…

Personally, my aristo MC is going to court Suzane properly. (Journeying through the Xaos-lands is part of a proper courtship, right?) A slow-built relationship is much more likely to last.

Besides, she’s only eighteen. By Karagond standards, even if she and Suzane were married, they should be controlling their passions and maintaining their chastity. Maintaining the proper forms of courtship with a fellow noble is a prime way of building cred with the aristocracy.

4 Likes

Indeed. I’m not entirely sure why, but exploiting a position of authority to push someone to have sex before they’re ready for it somehow seems beyond the pale even in a story packed with mass murder, slow-harrowing and most of the heinous cruelty of Medieval life. Or, at a minimum, it’s not the sort of thing Enguerrand De Uttrim would want to be known for.

3 Likes

I agree that it’s one of the worst choices you can make in the game.

9 Likes

There can be a certain logic to it though, particularly from the point of my helot mc who has known nothing but nobles, or alastors or priests or well anybody with even a shred of authority to not exploit it somehow, in addition it seems absolutely nobody among the Rim-square nobility and other upper-classes, including ecclesiast Zebed really cared about the chastity code, except when it gave them a convenient excuse to cut helot tongues out. :unamused:

That said, in the mildest possible of terms, it’s definitely not a nice thing to do to Simon.
The other side is if Simon suddenly decides he is ready in Grand-Shayard my mc may well not be, because the circumstances in Grand Shayard most likely aren’t going to do any wonders for his overall mood.
So Grand Shayard is very unlikely to make my mc amenable to what Simon would most likely consider a “proper” courtship, disregarding the fact that no such thing officially exists between nobles and helots.

Still most likely having been “taken advantage of” by alastors and overseers himself in the past, it’s not something my mc is willing to inflict on Simon. So I guess their relationship is doomed to remain one of very bad timings.