Choice of Rebels-Uprising Help/Hints

The traps are only utilized if you choose to hide in the woods instead of the other two options

2 Likes

Aren’t they used when you choose to harry the Army regardless of whatever you choose to do? The Scouts lead mainly Alastors, commoners and nobles into the traps during the fall back to near the Ward.

1 Like

Ahhh alright okey-dokey

Skimmed a little of this thread but it’s so freaking huge…I just had one question if anyone knows the answer.

Are any of the results in the game, especially in Chapter 2, affected by random/die roll mechanics?

Yes, but generally at the margin, i.e. randomness makes a bit of difference but not much.

3 Likes

What if you’re a straight guy? How do you get the sister?

Unfortunately, Breden is 100% the traitor. It’s more blatant the more playthroughs you do.

Just one example is when you let everyone get harrowed at the beginning. She is literally dangled to incite any extra ones to do something (ie you) and if that doesn’t work, she’s the one helot that isn’t harrowed despite everyone else being put in. Then after you are beaten and broken in prison, upon escaping they specifically state that she was not touched at all despite being put in prison.

This is one out of a dozen different examples that are, when put together make it pretty obvious. (Keeps away from Telone, the one person who will kill the nobles, keeps trying to get into all the secret meetings) Radmar is just a dumb guy.

2 Likes

I’m still not 100% sure Breden is the traitor. A good example is the poisoning scene: either they think the others in the band are too stupid to figure out they could be behind it or they are stupid to trust in the MC’s naivity espcially if the MC tends to be more ruthless.
I’m pretty sure there is a traitor the option where I decide to fight the Phalangites and they know about the strategic moves I or the older members would make makes it clear. I’m just not sure Breden is behind it. If I play a more naive MC then they could have many opportunities to hurt the band then leave but they still stay which seems plain stupid to me.

Sorry, you can’t. Calea’s not interested in a male noble & there isn’t any kind of romance option for her in this game. It’s been indicated that there might be something with her in the next game for a male helot.

[Darth Vader Nooooooo.]

We definitely need more romance options, though. Love triangles too.

My understanding is that the rebellion will end (one way or another) before the kids grow up, though.

I still kept them on my 2COM Helot playthrough, mostly because my followers would lose Morale if I sent them away, and I needed (relatively) high Morale for good return-on-investment raids on the Nobility.

The only love triangle you have to worry about is yourself, Winter, and starvation! :sunglasses:

12 Likes

So I noticed that if you go to fight…

Zvad tries to leave. The only way you can convince him to stay is by using religion against him and pretending the Angels tell you he should stay. This sets religion -1 in the code and I am curious what this does. It would be interesting to see what happens if he stays, although I am going to guess he dies and that’s why the religious penalty is there.

1 Like

Actually it only happens if you get Sybla to stay with you and it happens in all other options also. Zvad doesn’t believe the rebellion can succeed and he’s probably right or at least at the moment. We’ve discussed this in the thread before but compared to the Hegemony, Our band of at the most five hundred fit adults mean nothing.

If you don’t get Sybla to train you I don’t think you can even get the chance to fight and he’ll have an argument with Breden where you can only keep one or the other. Maybe? I haven’t checked out some things that might affect it but I’m pretty sure that’s the case.

How does one romance Suzane? I haven’t had any options to interact with her other than to send her to collect the strangers.

At the start of Act IV, you talk to her about romantic things. She has rather…odd notions of romance, and she wants you to formally court her. If you kiss her from the outset, she will get upset with you.

Thank you but that still doesn’t help me find and set up the option. I never had it so I am very confused.

She joins the band, I give her sword back, I send her to collect the strangers when we discover the cave, and she seems happy I grant mercy to the nobles in my new religion, but when the battle starts up she is demoralized and I see in the code that we could have been her lover at this point.

I’m not sure, but I think your conversation choices with Breden play into this. I’ve only had the Suzanne options come up in playthroughs where I romanced Breden as well.

The designer can correct me if I’m wrong, I’m just going by experience.

there is a way to get Sybla to stay?
any help on how?

1 Like

Just for male? Too bad. :frowning: