Choice of Rebels-Uprising Help/Hints

Thanks for the advice with recruitment. I was able to get 510 Adult Rebels on a 2COM/1CHA Ruthless/Devout/Homelander Helot (I call it the Nat Turner build.) I used Owlscap/Elery raids for money and mostly Tithe barns for grain, supplemented by raiding some nobles.

Unfortunately, I only had enough money to arm 200 of them. Oh well.

I sent everyone to the helot camps. Perhaps I will defeat the Archon another day.

1 Like

If you’re unable to get enough weapons for every adult in your band then I’d suggest selling some mules if you have more than 40 or 50, while keeping at least 15. They give you alot of coins but then again, buying weapons are very expensive. To get mules, I’d recommend raiding the Alastors for 10 mules, steal mules from the yeomans once and raid the yeoman farms for grain and mules once or twice. And you’ll get around 16 mules if you choose to raid the tax collector after having Zvad send you to his merchant connection if you choose to work with merchants at the beginning of the winter. If you intend to keep a low anarchy level throughout the game then don’t allow your rebels to loot the nobles and the market after the Harrowing. You’ll start out with 4 mules and 3 anarchy level, and constantly buy grains from merchants even if you have enough to feed everyone for a week.

2 Likes

Also, if you feel necessary to get more mules then you can raid the priests for both loot and mules separately. Raiding the priests for loot will get you around 2700 which will buy you food for several weeks at the most so you can avoid creating more anarchy. Raiding for the mules will get you 6. You can also ask yeomen or merchants to give you mules but that would require either 2 CHA or Breden but I wouldn’t do it because either way, you’re going to end up making the yeomen angry at you even if you raided them once and bought back all the grain for them that you stole.

What are the advantages of becoming an Elect vs the common prophet version vs being the revealer of truth

Ecelet is where everyone will follow your orders without question and you get 40 helots with 12 priests. Common Voice allows everyone in your band to think for themselves and may challenge your orders once in a while but it gets you 70 helots with 12 priests. Haven’t tried the skeptical route yet.

NO, yesterday i beet the army with com2 int 1, you need to gather as
many followers as possible and
train them, spend as much as you can on weapons

2 Likes

It is possible to beat the army with any stats that you choose but you’d have to be careful not to make any mistakes that could end up killing all of your rebels. But yes, gathering as much as you can throughout the winter is definitely recommended even if it increases the rations you set to feed them weekly. It’s better to have over 400-500 rather than having 200-300 rebels. The highest amount I got was around 690 (on that playthrough I kept on sending Breden and myself to recruit every week) but it dropped down to 470ish because of Breden having too strong of a position that around 220 people thought it better to go to the helot camps instead of fighting. Not sure how it happened but oh well.

I married her, and I will kill myself if she is the traitor.

Spoiler Alert
It is not confirmed, but darn likely to be that person. He/She is a Kryptast, and you do not find out until right after you marry him/her! Bloody, bloody heck! I curse myself for loving him/her all the more after.

1 Like

XD, I didn’t dare to do that with 350 rebels lol.

Pray, do tell how you survive that? There are 500 soldiers!

The troops that the Archon sends after you varies on the choices that you made throughout the winter. In one playthrough, I faced at least 88 total troops and in another I faced 170 troops. It all depends on who you made your enemy. Once, Mikal de Rose led his troops away in a distant land so he wouldn’t do damage to my rebels, I don’t exactly remember what I did to access that scene. That surprised me to be honest but then again, he was mentioned to be one of the nobles that wasn’t harsh on his helots. The most I’ve seen was over 500.

3 Likes

I can tell you that the important point is to use it to instigate the people rather than actually fighting them head on
You’ll get a bunch of helots around you asking if you caused that magic and you’ll have the choice to make them rise up

2 Likes

Right, but what’s the best way to do this? In other words, how should I manage the group through the winter to make sure I have both a large army and enough gold to get them weapons? I’m willing to give up some army size if it means getting every soldier armed.

As I understand it, raiding grain barns and using Elery on Owlscap raids is always good. I like to steal mules to start with.

I don’t know the proper (otpimal) timing of how to extort Alaine or attack the Architelone, though.

1 Like

What do you mean by instigate the people? Can you tell some examples?

I’ll be honest, it seems so obvious that I’m almost thinking it can’t be her, and yes, that makes no sense.

1 Like

I think they mean more guerilla tactics and a hit and run approach than anything else. Building up traps, arming your rebels, harrying the enemy, ambushing the Theurges and supply train.

There’s so many variables. Has anyone considered it’s all coincidence? One of the helots who visited the de Rose Marsh meetings betrayed them to the Alastors, or a parent of a helot, the poisoning coming from something bad in the cave that got in the soup. Seriously, who makes a poisoned soup that only works on like a third of the people?
Of course, I may just be grasping at straws.

If you’re a noob theurge then you get the chance to use theurgy to stop the harrowing

There you can either try to do all the fighting yourself or make an impressive enough display that the people would rebel to follow you

first 2 weeks should be dedicated to gathering mules and food, also do
the merchant and tax collector that time as well.
then do the attacks and raids

Thanks!

I ran the same build: Ruthless/Devout/Homelander 2COM/1CHA Helot, and got 522 Adult Rebels total, of which I could arm 480.

Unfortunately, Breden didn’t want to fight, and he convinced everyone to hide in the camps.

Coward.

1 Like