Choice of Rebels-Uprising Help/Hints

I think it’s like the Swordmaster romance where it might get expanded on in the next game.

Likely to be extended, as @MossHeart said, in future books. I think Havenstone said the romance options were due to triple in the next book (Current ones being Breden, the Swordmaster and the Firebrand). I remember him mentioning future romance options back in the WIP thread, among them being a Nereal sceptic,

True, but then after what he did to the Captain’s mule train and the poor helot girl I can’t see why anyone would go for him :broken_heart:

1 Like

I know what he did, but still… I just want to arrange some kind of agreement with Shayardene nobility.

Understandable. Hector is the child of the Aristarch’s of the District anyhow. But then you could always cultivate an agreement with Calea (who seems more amenable than her brother), or bypass the Keriatou entirely. Ismene de Galis is receptive to helping the Captain rob the Architelone, the de Rose family don’t seem as harsh and their estate has slowly fallen into disrepair, and Suzanne de Firiac’s name and support would go some way to getting the nobility on-side, despite her family disowning her.

(Also just realised all the names I mentioned have the old Shayardene noble names. Says something).

2 Likes

So it’s not worth, and not possible to marry with Keriateou?

Not currently. It may become somewhat viable in the future, once you break down the Hegemony enough for the helot/aristocrat divide to be inconsequential or ignore the slight relation to them if you’re an aristocrat.
But there’ll be plenty other fish in the sea, I’m sure.

1 Like

Yeah right now it’s mostly just Helots and Yeomen but once the rebellion starts to properly pick up steam then you’ll probably get a change for a political marriage with a noble. And even then as @Ringleader pointed out there’s a bunch of other houses that don’t have a pychopath leading them that have been introduce.

If you’re worried about just generally gaining aristrocrat reputation you’d need to remember you’d probably get a lot more chances to gather a lot more support from a lot of different people in the next games.

Okay. Thanks you all for these answers.

But im still interested in one more question. This one is about achievements. How can i get “Theurge-Bane” and “That Mysterious Masked Man”?

I don’t remember what those achievements are but If I’m right.

Theurge-Bane you need to be a secret mage (Theurge, Goete, Wisard whatever) and than when the final battle comes and you chose to stand and fight you need to deal with the Theurges and say you’re going to end them in a spectacular fashion.

2 Likes

How many did you have out of interest? I managed to get a full infiltration with 494 rebels this afternoon, but that involved having a CHA 2 MC, and absolutely smashing all my free rebels in Chapter 2 into literacy lessons in order to be able to hide them all. It would probably have been easier with Breden as deputy, but that’s not happening.

Strategically, I think infiltration is the best move. Fighting seems both suicidal and inefficient, though bloodying the Hegemony’s nose would definitely be satisfying, but I don’t see that it makes gains worth the cost on the grand level. Though at least you’re proving your strength. Simply hiding is fine in the short term, but just running about doesn’t achieve anything except continuing to live (which is definitely not a bad thing). Infiltration both keeps you alive and reduces the risk of large scale damage by naturally forming your rebels into semi-independent cells. The obvious downside is that the formation of cells presumably makes large scale coordination very difficult, and considering the end goal of that strategy is probably a simultaneous helot uprising across the Rim, that’s possibly a big downside. Also, as you’re essentially forming a central command who knows where all the cells are, and the strategy itself means that people are embedded into specific locations for long periods of time, any kind of infiltration into the central command structure would be absolutely catastrophic (i.e. really really don’t have Breden as your deputy and enact that plan).

1 Like

Has anyone worked out how to save Olynna in the prologue? I’ve been playing around with different options, but haven’t found the right combination yet.

1 Like

It’s a pretty significant downside. Cells are only apt when forming an insurgency due to the fact that if one cell is found/captured/tortured, they have no wider knowledge of the rebellion itself, no further than their own influence. There’s also the upside of not knowing anyone higher than their cell leader. The fact that the Captain sends his Band out after consolidating them into one large band. Thus, the cell members already know each other, their leadership and ways of operating.
Then you have to wonder whether cell leaders, who will be operating long-term alone, will carry out the Captains wishes. People like Radmar will be prone to violence, Elery and her schemes, and Bredens sedition. They also need to prove if they are independent leaders, able of thinking of plans themselves rather than carrying them out. There won’t be any micro management like their was in the winter.

I just played a helot prologue and saved her: piped up at every opportunity (as a devout helot) then froze when the Alastors beat her. After, it said Olynna was beaten up, rather than burned on a pyre.

2 Likes

Similar here, except I tried to use my tiny fists.

No idea if that matter or if the other choices matter more. Think I’ve done it with both devout and, ahem, questioning helot, but I’ve played a few games and may be confused on that last bit.

1 Like

Has anyone got a perfect playthrough with a com or char
character?

1 Like

Define Perfect Play through because I doubt that’s fully achievable.

Some people will die and even when I super cheated and had max stats and two thousand Helots trained out the Wazoo, Hundreds of people died going against the Hegemony.

1 Like

Mind sharing how you changed the game code to achieve that?

Just find the scene where you choose your stats and replace any 1s and 0s with two. And in the bandit file just replace +354 followers with +2000 something followers.

2 Likes

Indeed, everything you do in this game has consequences, if not immediately then likely later. Time will tell whether for my mc burning down half the forest and thus saving Elery and Bjel is ultimately the superior choice for him, compared to the opposite. In any case I’ll have both saves.

From my peeking at the code a “perfect” playthrough for me would seem to entail cheating in a 2INT 2CHA mc, and then getting rid of Breden by having Zvad arrange an “accident”. However doing a thing like that is likely to screw-up the variables in your savegame for the next installment in a pretty major way.

2 Likes

Anyone know if i will exile Breden at the end of chapter 1 “traitor events”(like poisoning half of the band in the chapter 4) will actually happen?

And… how much cosmopolitism your mc need to recruit wendish deserters?

This the only way for all important characters to survive the battle? I was hoping to do this on my next aristo playthrough. Also, regardless of burning the forest, eventually the rebellion will become too big to be sustained in the forest, so I’m thinking it’ll be a short term setback.
Unless the Whends have some sort of attachment to them. Or a Green Peace faction. That might become a problem.

The one I last played on had 74% cosmopolitan, and I believe I got them. Might wanna double check though.