Choice of Rebels-Uprising Help/Hints

I really don’t know where but I thought I read somewhere that the helots actually have the majority population? It would make sense given how their best chance at living for as long as possible is through… “breeding” but I don’t remember exactly where or when I read it so take it with a grain of salt

Can you use theurgy if you lead barn raids

Yeah you can use theurgy if you’re leading the raids.

what choices specifically do you have to make? I keep trying to romance Kala but I never get any choices that would seem to lead to that.

When hector is attacking you go for their wealth and then talk to her seperately.

2 Likes

Hello, I have been searching for decisions that take away from the anarchy and they are few and far between. I found some in the code, but I have not been able to get these to work. If you know why these are not working, or how to make them work, or even other options to reduce anarchy, please advise!

Code chapter Bandits:
#I exile him from the band. *set ruth %-30
“Let everyone in the Rim know what my enemies can expect.” The shaggy outlaw’s face contorts with hatred and terror as you lean in close. You manage to keep your voice cool. “When they’ve failed, and they’re helpless, and they can’t hurt me or mine any further? I have mercy on them.”
*if helot “C-captain?”
*if aristo “K-kuri…?”
Fedrel stammers, voice cracking.“Make sure he’s disarmed,” you order the bandits holding him. “Now let him go. Go, Fedrel. Run back to the Rim and tell them what sort of monster the Whendward bandit chief is.”
*if (com < 2) and fedcas
*set morale -5
*if cha < 2
*set morale -5
The other outlaws glance at each other, looking outraged. “!{kuria}," one protests, "the bastard just stabbed two of us. Killed 'em, if I know anything." "And he won't be killing any more of us," you point out levelly. You turn back to the traitor, who's swaying on the spot as if paralyzed. *if (com = 2) or not(fedcas) Fedrel stares at you, then casts his gaze around his stony-faced former comrades. His own face collapses, and he begins snuffling through his shattered nose. "!{kuria}…”
*comment endif
“Get out of here, Fedrel. Start running. If anyone in the band sees you again, we’ll kill you at once.”
*page_break
*if com < 2
The rest of the band stare stony-faced after him as he stumbles off. You learn later that Alira, the band’s chief scout, “came across” Fedrel later that day on a hunting mission which ranged a bit farther afield than usual. He went down with two arrows in him. When you raise this with {deputy}, {dephe} just raises an eyebrow at you. “If enough folk think something unjust, {kuria}…best not to get in their way. And it'll make it less likely that someone takes a stab at you again." For now, *goto newguard *set cred_a +10 *set cred_m +10 *set cred_p +15 *set anarchy -4 "!{kuria},” {deputy} says guardedly as Fedrel staggers off, "I understand you'd like to be known as a merciful {woman}. But if trying to kill you doesn’t carry much of a penalty…well, it’s an unkindness to all the poor and hungry folk who’ll be tempted to try their luck."

#I ask the full {moot} to decide his fate. The outlaws blink at each other and murmur uncertainly. "You want us to tell you what to do with him, {kuria}?" Radmar sounds incredulous.
*if moot = “apella”
“In a council you’re too young to join?”

"Let Fedrel plead whatever he will to the ${moot}." Your breath is still coming fast and ragged. "I'll let them decide what measure of mercy is due to a self-confessed traitor."

"None," Zvad stalks out from his tent with a bleak glint in his eye. "$!{kuria}. 
    *if com < 2
      He stabbed two of us.  Tried to kill you.
    There's no question here."

You shake your head insistently.  "It's life and death, Zvad.  For one of us—or someone who's been one of us, anyway.  I'd have ${a_moot} judge that.  Bind him, and we'll meet at dawn."

When the sun rises, 
    *set d2n_num freefollowers
    *gosub d2n
    of your
    *if sa_foll > 2
      able-bodied
    adult outlaws join you beneath the trees.  You gesture curtly at Fedrel, who begins to tremble before the ring of hostile faces.  Finally he wails, "Ah, Xthonos, brothers.  Why are we following this child?  This mad ${girl} who'd see us all starved before we're Harrowed?  What I did was for the Band's sake.  Kill me now if you will…but before the winter's done, you'll find yourselves wishing I'd succeeded.  $!{he}'s no leader, and you all know it."

It's all you can do not to shout back at him—but you're aware that all around you, your followers are waiting to see if you'll speak or truly leave the judgment to them.  At last, a craggy old bandit raises his voice: "$!{he}'s
    *if morale < (followers/2)
      not the best we've had.  But ${he}'s
    giving us a share in the lead, Fedrel.  You could have been the one calling ${a_moot}, instead of trying to stab ${him} and run."

There's an hour of rambling before everyone who wants to has had their say.  From early on, however, it's clear that the only decision will be a quick death versus a punitive one.  The ${moot} opts for mercy in the end; Fedrel dies from a single blow to the skull.

When Fedrel's corpse has been dropped into a ravine,
    *set morale +5
    *set cred_h +5
    *set cred_y +5
    *set anarchy -1
    *goto newguard
  1. (suspect helot option only? Haven’t done a Helot playthrough (I am a snob for nobility/education)

#No. I’m keen to see true justice done, and it cannot be done by a mob in the night.
*set ruth %-10
*set cred_h -5
*set cred_a -15
*set anarchy -2
You lay your hand firmly on Ora’s shoulder as you call down the passageway. “You should be tried for your House’s many cruelties, de Merre. There’s no doubt in my mind that you merit every punishment the law can muster. And when the Hegemony has fallen, I will see you and your vile children brought publicly to judgment.”

#No—we want to be clear that this was rebellion, not just banditry.
*set anarchy -2
You beckon your fighters with you into the main town square. “Who speaks for this town?” you call. “I am {fname} {lname} of the Whendward Band. You’ll come to no harm at parley with me.”

After a moment, a door opens and a maternal-looking woman wrapped in woolen shawls steps out.  "I'll speak for all.  What do you want?"  Her face is wary, verging on hostile; her voice betrays only a hint of fear.

Link:

2 Likes

I think I can help with those.

1. Number one requires 2 combat skill, otherwise the game skips giving you -4 anarchy because your scout ignored your orders and killed him.

2. Number two requires that you let all your adult outlaws help govern the group, not just you or a council of elders. You can decide on this at the start of Week 3. It should have no other requirements.

3. Number three should always work, but it only mitigates some of the anarchy from the raid itself. You should only be gaining +1 anarchy instead of the +3 you’d otherwise get.

4. Number four should always work, but again, it’s only partially mitigating the anarchy from the raid itself. You should be getting +4 instead of the +6 you’d be getting otherwise.

If you’re trying to keep anarchy low, it also really helps to try to be less violent at the end of Chapter One.

Chapter One spoilers:

If you have 1 charisma, and have been nice to the helots, then you can put the alastors on trial for only 3 anarchy.

If you have 2 charisma and you’ve been nice to the helots, you can stop them from killing anyone, causing only 2 anarchy.

If you don’t stop the harrowing at all then you’ll gain no anarchy. That requires letting a lot of the important characters die, though you’ll start off with much fewer outlaws in the next chapter, which can make it much easier to survive.

Other than that, the best way to avoid anarchy is to avoid raids. Almost everything you do in Chapter Two that’s in any way violent will increase anarchy by a little bit.

5 Likes

thanks!! now that i’ve satisfied my romantic curiosity, I can go back to trying to figure out more ways to make it out of this game alive (I’ve only managed it like twice so far).

If I if someone has answered this yet but how do I start training my own theurgy? Does it matter if I don’t use it to stop the harrowing and instead do the “u r a liar chirex” option?

It does not matter. As long as you have Int 2 and you choose to begin learning it at the first opportunity you will learn it, and can hone your power over time.

2 Likes

I don’t get an option to practice of i use theurgy to stop the harrowing is that supposed to happen? Also does the choice of why he teaching ur followers to read matter? Ty for answering (^°^)

The choice is not immediate, nor are the results of must of your choices. Most show results in later chapters or later games.

How do you save the bard

Be a helot and choose to keep singing, that’s the only thing that will distract the Alastors long enough for old Carles to escape. Of course he only joins you again if you’re a Shayardene nationalist as he seems to be a Laconnier. So there’s gratitude for my mc, eh?

Ah, btw, has anyone worked out what the compassion/ruthlessness scale does in terms of impact

You get a bunch of nameless Helots I think in chapter 3 if you have 75% or above in either.

Hi. Can someone tell me how to make a political marriage with Keriateou?

Can’t happen as far as I see.
If you’re a helot, its societally and politically impossible to get a marriage with a t’Keriatou, unless you end up a helot plaything of Calea’s. And as we can see in Dann’s case, hardly a marriage.
For a noble, the Keriatou are your cousins, albeit distant ones, but the Aristo Captain’s family is such a minor noble house there are basically no suitors for them.

So if it can’t happen why this option is in game(never available, but still)? I was trying to unlock this option by playing pro-noble as i can, but still not possible to do this choice.

Well that last one probably isn’t such a big deal since you can have a crush and maybe a tryst with Hector as a Noble when he attacks.