Choice of Rebels Part 1 WIP thread

“So, how do the palace grounds find you, Elena Marakovich the Third?”

2 Likes

Is our control over Theurgy even close to being strong enough to effect a person, especially something as fundamental as biological sex? From what I can tell from our first usage during the Harrowing, humans are amazingly complex in Theurgy-vision, and we can’t even change chaff to wheat (Or is it wheat to flour? Can’t recall).

I think Theurgy was a big part of what made the Plektoi hounds how they are (big, beefy rage-muppets) so who knows? Maybe they could use Theurgy to become a dragon and then just raze the Kegemony to the ground or something.

ETA: I got distracted. Sorry. I vote for: its probably achievable if someone wanted to change their body that way using Theurgy, especially since we’ve got things like reproductive organ transplants and such being talked about for trans people in this world. And Theurgy is magic.

The MC’s control, as an INT 2 Theurge in Game One? Absolutely not.

Could a different Theurge do that? Say, a senior Theurge with decades of experience and the inclination to try?

Theurges who have properly studied a living organism and benefit from a long tradition of Theurgic research can do remarkable things, as we’ve discussed a bit upthread:

5 Likes

I was giddy from the possibilities and now I’m crushed because I completely forgot the costs (like a dill). There I was plotting out free surgeries for any trans people who wanted them in this game, or any healthcare procedures really, and my own MC’s transformation into a dragon so she could win every battle and yeah :disappointed: I don’t know how I’d justify all the potential risks or the overall price (where would I get all that blood? People hardly donate it in this world).

1 Like

Nor would it necessarily solve the problem if they did:

5 Likes

A question I am determined to DESTROY WARDS forever and all bloodmagic understanding that entails the starving of at least 50% population in my case probably. all Karagon and several other provinces. Due as nationalists. i would keep all food resources in Shayard and the others well depend of their usefulness.

So I know what would suppose for civilization but is needed to break the cycle of blood use.

But I see acceptable a blood bank for urgent medicine always is voluntarily given. I mean someone has an accident so for maintain them stable. Familiars give a few of their blood.

Also my previous question is Simon capable of get pregnant a woman call Mara or not?

Just because someone is capable of having children doesn’t mean you’ll be given a choice or be able to have children with them.

This is exactly how I want to win the war. You have the right idea - Theurge our way into super beasts the world can only dream of, and then just eat everyone too silly to surrender to us. Maybe eat a few people on principle too.

(On a historic note: is that La Bete du Gevaudan? It was you all along, wasn’t it? This whole time they scoured France for La Bete and they should have been looking in the UK…)

1 Like

I know but if he is not able of anything Mara wouldn’t. Lost time with the nun… HE IS SO LAME BORING … BLAH BLAH ABSTINENCE. BLAH CHASTITY. … :sleepy:

Look when all the other kids were the princesses in the tower, I was always the Dragon-y thing guarding the entrance. I know my strengths and I simply can’t conceal them :dragon_face:

5 Likes

That said, there is a potentially untapped, country-sized battery of magical energy that seems to be very, very good at transforming things. Harnessing it would of course require thinking way outside of the box of “standard” Hegemony theurges, but then again my mc would like that. :wink:
The undead may also have some unique magical insights, not that they’d readily part with them of course. But all this to say that there are likely some alternatives of “magical learning” in the game-world other than theurgy as the Hegemony understands and teaches it. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Ice mage If I hve to be a mage Ice or water NEVER fire… I hate fire as element is lame and too straightforward… I am more a spy bard with the reveling dress… But you nailed the style.
https://goo.gl/images/jHHXWr

Buaa i want ICE :sob: In fire emblem are some blizzard spells even if there are few.

Harrowings for the criminals/political dissidents? Need a lot? French Revolution style, except Harrowings instead of Guillotine. Although I’d use the blood for other purposes.

Weren’t you opposed to blood magic, because genocide?

And how do you plan on starving people? They have farms, and I doubt people would listen to you telling them to kill themselves or their friends and neighbors.

Mara’s a heretic she advocates blood magic for medicinal purposes!

i am an Angel so i can be al hypocritical I want lol. Also same think inquisition had they exiled all Jews except doctors … so is the same and also is not based in genocide same blood transfusions are not genocide…

No, no angels aren’t hypocritical, Mara just has a God complex, which does allow hypocrisy :smile: [quote=“poison_mara, post:7436, topic:1601”]
Also same think inquisition had they exiled all Jews except doctors
[/quote]

Jews weren’t half the population though. [quote=“poison_mara, post:7436, topic:1601”]
same blood transfusions are not genocide.
[/quote]How do you plan on doing proper transfusions without magic?

Plus either way your planning genocide against anyone who knows magic, and starves an unknown number of people (mostly foreigners and your police as it’d take time to get the food to them) possibly causing more genocides.

Havie continent is in a eternal circle like Galaxy in Mass Effect with reapers and their tech

Blood magi is so easy that nobody tries to change it like petrol. it is causing millions of millions of millions of millions of millions deaths… EARTH CAN SUPPORT THAT SO BLOOD HAS TO DO ALL …No other technologies could rise because blood is easier and faster… So more innocents to the perpetual slaughtering.

#We rebel yes. But if we maintaining the bloodstream… Cycle would reset and start again. as Always… New oppressors and WITH it new oppressed that one day will raise… to other circle.

So I SAY BROKE THE BLOODSTREAM CIRCLE… NO MORE HARROWING NO MORE MAGIC…Human can live by themselves and create a more fair technology one that don’t genocide people. Sadly for that happens some population has to die EARTH CAN MAINTAINING THOSE DAMN UNNATURAL OVERPOPULATION. But those sacrifices will save all their descendants no more millions sacrificing in harrowings.

1 Like