Choice of Rebels Part 1 WIP thread

He’s not a pirate!

…But, um, thank you I guess?

How cannot be a pirate with a red bandana and that cardigan… IS HE A SPANDAU BALLET 80’S MEMBER?

5 Likes

He does have the gold chain around his neck…

1 Like

@Eiwynn It’s feathers and beads on a white string.

He’s a king in the source material, but you know… what you’re saying doesn’t actually contradict canon…

3 Likes

it was something in the chirex.txt although I don’t remember what was it

Totally looks like one of The spandau ballet members. NOT enough glitter to be From Duran Duran… mExcept he is one of my erotica myths from 80’s ADAM ANT!! Yeah and I am proud of my tastes. My best friejd say I am a gay inside the body of a girl lol. ENJOY SEXY ADAM

3 Likes

yeah I removed the warning and continued until I had to go attack taxmen

Please take the music discussion to the music thread.

https://forum.choiceofgames.com/t/lets-talk-about-music/17649

Sorry I wasn’t talking about music. I was excited by a beautiful avatar. No more off topic i swear

1 Like

I’m more partial to “Dandy Highwayman” myself, must speak to the rebel/outlaw in me more. :smiling_imp:
It’s ironic that this is one of the few games where my mc doesn’t care much for fancy clothes, rejecting them, like most of Hegemony culture as signs of “decadence” and corruption and actually prefers to go barefoot and in rags, although the impact of that likely won’t really manifest as a “choice” and more than likely raise some eyebrows until halfway through the next game when we’re beginning to lead more than just a starving band of outlaws.

I think the word you’re looking for is “camp” and don’t worry many of as are at least a bit that and it applies equally as a term to men and women. :wink:

I love dandy decadent clothing that’s why i love late 70’s glam and 80’s .My girl has a passion for clothing and she never had money she would ddress so beautiful when she gain power

2 Likes

But then Mara doesn’t really reject and wage a literal culture war against the priesthood, the Hegemony and its “nobility” as my guy does. :sweat_smile:

No i reject helots lack of bath and clothing.

4 Likes

I think my character likes being clean, both literally and figuratively too, it’s the decadent and wasteful clothing of the Hegemony’s upper (and middle) classes that he very much objects too.
Come to think of it, if they don’t exist already the new order may well make construction of communal bath houses, like in ancient Roma another priority.

2 Likes

There is much more than bathing involved in Roman Baths. From the thieves lifting your clothes in the Gallery to the nude wrestling and boxing that the youths would be performing in the gymnasium… also don’t forget the segregation of the sexes require separated but unequal accommodations for those untrustworthy women who would flirt and have affairs if you let them…

but the heated floors and the sauna rooms of the Baths would be great. Just who would you force to labor in the furnaces? Nobles? Helots?

2 Likes

Paid employees, eventually, hopefully. In the mean time I suspect that after the rebellion there will be a lot of convicts.

2 Likes

Great put convicts and a rapist in a public Baths lol. What more put psychos as barbers? :wink: I am thinking in kill all In the hegemony older than 3 like Genghis khan did to unite the tribes . Well within the rapes… put the idoctrinated children in to slavery at fifteen after of course a good old brain washing. Helot force has to be toned down to half . I hope war and one or two famines did that for me.

2 Likes

Do we have the option to train our rebels, equip them with proper armors etc? Or are they gonna be disorganized?

I hope not I was paid to lead a rebellion then loose miserably so that no one woule dare to rebel ag… Uh what I ment to say was I hope they get training and proper gear and I’m not a spy or working for the goverment

1 Like

@Havenstone regarding the weapon sharpening spell, why isn’t that change permanent? How does the weapon lose its sharpness once it has been changed?